Welcome to the New Look X360A

Webb

^The site is slow at the moment because we have probably triple the normal amount of people browsing it to check out the new features, all clicking 10 links a minute to see all the changes. That will slow down as people are introduced to it. On top of that, we are still debugging and fixing issues on the back end.

Offnote: A gaming PC does not make the internet faster. ;)

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I feel that the old one was easier to navigate :(

I can't see how anyone would say that. It's a bloody simple layout...

Left = 360 news

Right = achievement news

Far right = community/site news

Underneath = previews/reviews/interviews/screens, which all used to be in a tiny little box on the right of the site

The other boxes are quick links for you... game's out this week... want to see the achievements? Use the upcoming box to click the game name, then achievements. Two clicks. Previously it was either...

Search > Click name > Achievements (3 clicks), or;

Retail > Click letter of game name > click list (3 clicks).

The other one was too convoluted. The main central column had no real direction with competitions, achievements, features, site news, etc all flowing through one column.

And the 360 news, was just headlines. Now you get a byline and a fancy image :p

Speed... granted, that's being looked at, but we never expected it to go super smoothly :p

Here's an idea of how I'd like it to look like:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff285/x0dAk0k/newhomepage.jpg

As you can see I'm somewhat of a stickler about the boxes being aligned properly on the x and y axis, but all in all it really does make it look better. As for the Users box, I just thought it looks out of place where it is so it would do to put it next to the gamercard.

Seeing as you block the sites advertising it will look rather odd with spaces. We can't remove the advertising from the site unless you want to shell out the cash to pay the web hosting every month.

There will always be things that people like and hate. There are things I personally don't like but I've been looking at some of these things none stop for 6 months. Once you have to tweak things pixel by pixel you get a little sick of seeing some things.

The other errors you reported were fixed very early on with the sites release.

Wow, I was reading the GoW2 guide when I went to the home page and I was like "?" then I thought I must have clicked an ad that made me go to another site. So i clicked back and the GoW2 achievement page had been updated as well and i was like "?!". But really good job guys, nice job!