Call to Arms Map Pack Announced

Craphex

I just don't understand. You know ignorance is a shame in the video game universe. Us fans know not much about why People Can Fly are doing this to us; making Gears of War: Judgment such a pain in everyone's asses.

I don't get it.

A lot of us don't.

I'm sure we will there must be a reason, but what is it?

Once again more BS!!!!! involved with this DLC.

Okay blood drive whatever works, I always liked that map.

The other two definitely should be worthwhile. We'll see!.........

The new game mode sounds pointless and just thrown in because they obviously have really bland ideas.

No new characters?? Where is Gridlock?! Probably going to give that to us at the very end, huh...

Fuel Depot?

Any interesting DLC.....

I didn't know Gears of War was taking for granted their creativity and imagination. They're messing with FANS and I am losing patience.

What really grinds my gears is that all we do is complain and we have no idea WHY THEY ARE DOING THIS.............

Anyway, can't wait for something New. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 23rd, this is for Season Pass holders right? So when will non season pass holders be receiving this DLC? I'm probably not even going to buy it unless all maps are versus. I have absolutely no interest in Overrun and if one map is for that mode, spending 1000 MSP for two maps is just silly.

April 23rd, this is for Season Pass holders right? So when will non season pass holders be receiving this DLC? I'm probably not even going to buy it unless all maps are versus. I have absolutely no interest in Overrun and if one map is for that mode, spending 1000 MSP for two maps is just silly.

April 30th.

Terminal is an Overrun map.

Also, here are map walkthroughs for Boneyard and Blood Drive for anyone that wants to see them. You can find the Terminal walkthrough on the same page.

Blood Drive - http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/04/20/...gh-blood-drive

Boneyard - http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/04/20/...rough-boneyard

Edited by ColdSpider72

I'm the exact opposite.

I think this is more blatant evidence of them using achievements to sell DLC. There are more achievements than maps and skins combined. This is a fucking weak effort and they are relying on people like us to bump their sales. They don't care that the maps suck and we won't play them after we have achievements, they already have our money. Well fuck that shit, I wouldn't touch this bullshit DLC with someone else's money.

Where is Gridlock?! Probably going to give that to us at the very end, huh...

Fuel Depot?

Any interesting DLC.....

anyone else find something wrong with this post???

They're killing this game with the map selection. 4 maps is shit, and gondola is absolutely shit, the other 3 arent too bad. Them bringing back blood drive pisses me off, not because its a bad map, but its a map that absolutely does not work for TDM. The non-symmetrical maps are what gears 3 needed for TDM to work. It makes for a much better game having these big maps with random spawns for TDM.

Not the queen screaming ENEMY FORCES, to let the whole team know that the other team has changed spawns just to camp and wait.

Ever since 3, i have not/cannot play basic execution/warzone game types. If i wanted blood drive, i'd play Gears 2 or Gears 3. Blood drive wasn't even a map ppl loved to play on Gears 3... so, why bring it back in Judgment??? Sure, it was popular in Gears 2, but failed in Gears 3.

Anyways, this is an achievement website....

The DLC releases tuesday, so... any news if they're bringing in some new achievements, anyone got the list??? If not, i just got burned on a season pass, b/c i havent played in like 3 months and IF there were DLC achievements, i would probably get back into the game (for just a little while).

EDIT: Ironically, i didnt read the post above mine... named me to a T. To be clear though, i didnt purchase the season pass thinking, "oh, achievements!" I loved the gears series and thought i would love new content.. but tbh, Gears has gotten old, to me.

Just to be clear...

Edited by i fist brown i

I just don't understand. You know ignorance is a shame in the video game universe. Us fans know not much about why People Can Fly are doing this to us; making Gears of War: Judgment such a pain in everyone's asses.

I don't get it.

A lot of us don't.

I'm sure we will there must be a reason, but what is it?

Once again more BS!!!!! involved with this DLC.

The other two definitely should be worthwhile. We'll see!.........

The new game mode sounds pointless and just thrown in because they obviously have really bland ideas.

No new characters?? Where is Gridlock?! Probably going to give that to us at the very end, huh...

Fuel Depot?

Any interesting DLC.....

I didn't know Gears of War was taking for granted their creativity and imagination. They're messing with FANS and I am losing patience.

What really grinds my gears is that all we do is complain and we have no idea WHY THEY ARE DOING THIS.............

So you complain about ignorance yet you blame people can fly about the Multiplayer. Epic is mostly responsible for mp and MS are responsible for how much content is put in these map packs and the pricing. Unless I'm mistaken, then I'm the ignorant one.

So you complain about ignorance yet you blame people can fly about the Multiplayer. Epic is mostly responsible for mp and MS are responsible for how much content is put in these map packs and the pricing. Unless I'm mistaken, then I'm the ignorant one.

pricing, maybe... content, absolutely not.

I say, "pricing, maybe," because Microsoft seem to never let anything go for free on the dashboard (when it comes to games). Years ago, they gave us aegis wings (americans) and a few other "off" arcade games for free. But, Valve has admitted that they have tried to put L4D dlc on the marketplace for free, but it was not allowed or something along those lines... meanwhile, on the computer all L4D and Valve content is free... but, a lot of things are different between console and computer, mainly, pricing on games.

Content is all on developers, i would never think that microsoft would not allow a DLC expansion because it was too good or too bad. I think microsoft (if content is really big, or "more worth it") might suggest a higher market price. But, mostly, i think the developers and publishers already have an idea of what price-tag will be thrown onto an expansion (seems like a minimum $7) and the "better" expansions get higher, sometimes ridiculous, prices.

I have never downloaded a DLC expansion to any game and thought to myself (after playing), "that was worth the money," and i've bought tons of DLC for 360.

Honestly, a lot of it just feels tacked on and bland. I must say though, games like fallout (RPG) are more* interesting because of the exclusive character content you can find.

Buying a dlc and getting a camo that everyone else got from buying the dlc is NOT fun. Battlefield 3 (one of the only MP games i've ever stuck to, apart from gears 1) has done it right with its DLC (karkand, close quarters at least). They give you tons of new content, but most of the content has to be unlocked through simple, but fun, and sometimes time consuming challenges (content like camos and new guns/attachments).

Now, that kind of dlc is fun. It's not like, "hey! here are new maps, and just for buying, we'll give you a piece of camo so you can ADVERTISE the dlc for us." Because that is exactly what you're doing when you're wearing a new camo that looks cool, you're advertising it. I cant tell you how many of my friends bought the gears 3 dlc just for the ONYX guard.

Anyways, my super-rant is over. Jist of it is, DLC (MP DLC, mostly) would be more fun if you downloaded new MP maps + guns and camos came within the pack, but you had to progress to unlock them. It gives you more of a reason to play, b/c lets be honest.... some of these maps that were downloading are absolute shit (**looks at call of duty** not zombies though, zombie maps are cool if you're into it).

Edited by i fist brown i

Personally i bough DLC that was worth it...

I can say all the DLC i bough for GOW 1-2-3 was pretty much worth the money cause it was a game i played HUNDRED OF HOURS into it, so i played so much these maps that it got to be worth it. Even RAAM shadow that was a bit priced was EXCELLENT and i never regreted paying for it.

Dragonborn for Skyrim was amazing, it was long, super fun, pretty much it was better than a lot of game that try to sell for 60$ before realizing they wont and get priced cut.

But there is also plenty of content i got that was totally not worth it, and some even i bough ONLY for the achievements(RE6... pointing at you specifically)

With judgment... i guess it will be worth it in the end if i play those maps a lot, im a GOW vs player, but yeah i would had love more, especially new character instead of skins...

I'm also pretty sure we will be able to do it in private matches, so I wouldn't sweat it just yet.

While I hope you're right on this one, I remember how in GoW3 all the DLC skin achievements had to be done in non-private matches.

I have to say this is a pretty poor DLC, with very little content. I was hoping for Horde mode, or at least several Overrun maps. 10 achievements are nice, hopefully it's also the 250:gsicon:. Still a lackluster release, though.

Still a lackluster release, though.

The problem is judgment is a lackluster release by itself... Its some kind of wannabe-GOW game that was thrown in the mix to experiment or i dunno... released way too soon(1 year and a half after the great GOW3) without any beta or anything...

Even the campaign feel uninspired, its like they just focussed EVERYTHING on the declassify mission as they tough it was a great addition, when in the end they(and the stars) just make the game feel too much arcade. The scenario is also terrible... nothing much happen.

In any case this game should had been released as a polished campaign, with a 10 map pack for GOW3... that would had been perfect. GOW3 is far from done and way superior than this hybrid they gave us for judgment.

While I hope you're right on this one, I remember how in GoW3 all the DLC skin achievements had to be done in non-private matches.

I have to say this is a pretty poor DLC, with very little content. I was hoping for Horde mode, or at least several Overrun maps. 10 achievements are nice, hopefully it's also the 250:gsicon:. Still a lackluster release, though.

You remember wrong. Witty Repairtee, Locust Forever, Come to Poppa, Zeta team go and Kill Locust (Like a Boss) can all be done in private.

EDIT: Force Multiplier and Hunter Gatherer too.

Edited by The Duke of Darkness

why did i get suckered into the VIP pass? oh becuase i thought they might do somethign about people begging for horde to return, one main reason i played Gears 2 and 3 so much...

but they'll listen to the gnasher shotgun noob club and REMOVE a rifle buff that was meant to counter how dominant the shotguns were... fuckers, might not bother with the next gears game until its in the nobody wants to buy bin...

Hmm interesting... I think Blood Drive may play better due to grenade tagging being removed but the new game mode seems pretty stupid to be honest. Their are too many playlists at the moment and not enough people playing the game so adding another playlist, especially another free for all one, doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Have to wait and see

You remember wrong. Witty Repairtee, Locust Forever, Come to Poppa, Zeta team go and Kill Locust (Like a Boss) can all be done in private.

EDIT: Force Multiplier and Hunter Gatherer too.

I think he is referring to the assassinate Mingh ten times with Raam achievement, although he could have been more specific if that was the case.

Either way, I remember them acknowledging the HUGE backlash from that during a stream a while back, so I would THINK they learned their lesson.

Time will tell.....it just seems they were much more laid back with achievements for this game, so I am optimistic they won't force public matches on the DLC achievements.

I think he is referring to the assassinate Mingh ten times with Raam achievement, although he could have been more specific if that was the case.

Either way, I remember them acknowledging the HUGE backlash from that during a stream a while back, so I would THINK they learned their lesson.

Time will tell.....it just seems they were much more laid back with achievements for this game, so I am optimistic they won't force public matches on the DLC achievements.

Well he did say all the DLC skin achievements. Even if he specifically meant versus you can still get 3 of the 5 in private.

any achievements?

i think its a big secret what the achievements are. It scares me b/c im pretty sure there are going to be some pretty F* up achievements just to get ppl playing their game again.

Usually, companies are all about showing the achievements, especially if its only a few days before their release. But these achievements are no where to be found. I've done numerous google searches and found nothing through other various forums.

Usually, when DLC achievements are coming, but are not yet seen on your individual profile (when viewing achievements), you can compare to a friend and it will show the upcoming DLC achievements (through compare games). I've also tried this, to no avail.

i think its a big secret what the achievements are. It scares me b/c im pretty sure there are going to be some pretty F* up achievements just to get ppl playing their game again.

Usually, companies are all about showing the achievements, especially if its only a few days before their release. But these achievements are no where to be found. I've done numerous google searches and found nothing through other various forums.

Usually, when DLC achievements are coming, but are not yet seen on your individual profile (when viewing achievements), you can compare to a friend and it will show the upcoming DLC achievements (through compare games). I've also tried this, to no avail.

Same thing happened with Black ops 2 this week didn't it? and everyone says they were easy.

Same thing happened with Black ops 2 this week didn't it? and everyone says they were easy.

I havent played cod in awhile.. what do you mean?? (i guess ill head over and look at the forum/new achievements, just in case you dont come back and explain).

But, what i think you're saying is, ppl were panicking that the black ops 2 achievements were going to be hard, since the achievements were not released for it, but then the achievements were officially released and they were easy?

if thats the case, im all for easy achievements within Gears DLC, but i still suspect otherwise. Gears is infamous for excruciating achievements, while Call of duty is famous for easy achievements (apart from call of duty 2 and mile high club, which were some-what hard)

I havent played cod in awhile.. what do you mean?? (i guess ill head over and look at the forum/new achievements, just in case you dont come back and explain).

But, what i think you're saying is, ppl were panicking that the black ops 2 achievements were going to be hard, since the achievements were not released for it, but then the achievements were officially released and they were easy?

if thats the case, im all for easy achievements within Gears DLC, but i still suspect otherwise. Gears is infamous for excruciating achievements, while Call of duty is famous for easy achievements (apart from call of duty 2 and mile high club, which were some-what hard)

The achievements didn't get added to xbox.com till quite a few hours after the DLC came out, and the only reason we knew the achievement descriptions a few days before was because ps3trophies had them listed.

maybe microsoft has put a stop to releasing dlc achievements early then? As far as i can remember (with games i pay attention to) DLC achievements always seem to be revealed before their release date.

I bet the achievements will not be unlockable the day the dlc comes out. We'll probably have to recover our accounts to erase the achievements and then re-obtain them.