outpost achievements

How in the world do you get the achievements for clearing all outposts in an area? I just spent 4 hours riding around Africa, taking notes of every single one I cleared out even...I did not unlock it.

Yeah I already tried that in North Afghanistan, nothing. Checked TrueAchievements and nobody yet has unlocked it either.

im wondering if you have to do them all in one go. For me, some of them glitched or something, and it never said it was captured. So I had to go back up in the chopper to make enemies respawn, and then kill them again to get the notification. I wonder if going back in the chopper make the counter start over

im wondering if you have to do them all in one go. For me, some of them glitched or something, and it never said it was captured. So I had to go back up in the chopper to make enemies respawn, and then kill them again to get the notification. I wonder if going back in the chopper make the counter start over

If you ask me I'd definitely do them in one session without departure. Simply because if you do so all the posts get reset and the enemies respawn. So either the damn game counts your progress one by one even if you departure or you acutally have to do them all in one run to make it count/unlock. Here is another post from a fellow user that might give you more insight:

Anyone have any solid information on the achievement for clearing all outposts/guard posts in Afghan?

I cleared all 25 guard posts, and then cleared all possible outposts as well:

• Eastern Comms Post
  • Lamar Khaate Palace
  • Ghwandi Town
  • Da Shago Kallai
  • Wakh Sind Barracks
  • Afghan Central Camp
  • Mountain Relay Base
  • Da Wialo Kallai
  • Yakho Supply Outpost
  • Sakhra Ee Village
  • Smasei Fort
  • Serak Power Plant

And I made sure for each on the iDroid said "Enemy out/post cleared/secured" and received the GMP and Heroism from it.

So does anyone have any insight?

I did both, afghanistan in two sessions, and africa in one session. Here are my notes. Think of it as a dot-to-dot, i don't think i missed any.

MGS V THE PHANTOM PAIN FAST TRAVEL AND OUTPOST CLEARANCE

-afghanistan invoices/outposts

afghanistan central base camp

serak power plant

aabe shifap ruins

yakho oboo supply post

lamar khaate palace

da shago kallai

spugmay keep

da wialo kallai

wakh sind barracks

da ghwandai khar

eastern communications post

qarya sakhra ee

da smasei laman

mountain relay base

-africa invoices/outposts

mfinda oilfield

bwala ya masa

kaziba camp

nova braga airport

munoka ya nioka station

ngumba industrial zone (no enemies here at this time and no fast travel???)

ditadi abandoned village

bampeye plantation

kungenga mine

lufwa valley

I did Afghanistan in two sessions and i thought somehow i messed it up as sometimes it doesn't say "outpost captured." I think this happens when the area turns orange if there is a lot of heavy fire going on and extra troops are brought in. So instead of running about like a madman, i brought quiet with me to Africa and did the whole thing with no alerts in one session and i still ended up with nothing. The only notable mention was the ngumba industrial zone.

Story wise i've only just got to africa, about to start mission 16 traitors caravan, not sure if this plays a role (i doubt it.) So either a new area opens up post game or this is glitched. I spent all day yesterday doing this! So annoying.

Edited by karlvex

But the member above did Africa in one session and didn't get anything! :/

He has only just got to africa in the story so no way he has opened everything up. I'm wondering if some of these need to be done in the missions aswell as you still get the outpost cleared message if you eliminate everyone in the story missions.

Edited by C0lourmegrey

But the member above did Africa in one session and didn't get anything! :/

Bro as I also said, there might be a future mission and a location that only opens later one. Don't worrry we will get it eventually, as always! ;)

He has only just got to africa in the story so no way he has opened everything up. I'm wondering if some of these need to be done in the missions aswell as you still get the outpost cleared message if you eliminate everyone in the story missions.

Exactly! :blunt

Problem is, I don't know if I'm being blind but checking through the Xbox 360 and even PS4 achievement list - These two Outpost achievements don't exist.

So either they were glitched and they were removed from those versions of the game or currently there is literally no way to unlock them because they weren't meant to be in the game in the first place.

So either they were glitched and they were removed from those versions of the game or currently there is literally no way to unlock them because they weren't meant to be in the game in the first place.

Nobody trying/talking about it on here has finished the game, some have barely done 1/3 of the story missions meaning it would be impossible for them to get as some areas do not open up until later. pointless trying until the game is finished

people who havent done mission 30 defo wont have done that base

as far as africa goes tho no where really opened up. i can only think of the mansion in the north east of africa that people are missing. i did beat the game but i never went for this achievement because i did not know of it at the time and i deleted my save so i cant really test until i get to mission 30 again

people who havent done mission 30 defo wont have done that base

as far as africa goes tho no where really opened up. i can only think of the mansion in the north east of africa that people are missing. i did beat the game but i never went for this achievement because i did not know of it at the time and i deleted my save so i cant really test until i get to mission 30 again

I'm going away on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, so I am COUNTING ON YOU AND EVERYONE else to fill in with the solution while I'm gone :D

I'm going away on vacation for a week starting tomorrow, so I am COUNTING ON YOU AND EVERYONE else to fill in with the solution while I'm gone :D

well im on mission 16 atm, shouldnt take long to get to mission 30 so when i get there i will give it a shot and let you know. unless someone else does it before then

I managed to clear the mansion during the mission so hope this counts when it is eventually worked out what needs to be done, I am sure i have found a couple of bits in africa not marked as outposts that are not marked as outposts on the map but have said cleared when i have got rid of everyone. One that springs to mind is a winding path by the mine (one of the wandering soldier side ops is here), there were loads of guards there when i went back later on but it isn't marked on the map so who knows

Nobody trying/talking about it on here has finished the game, some have barely done 1/3 of the story missions meaning it would be impossible for them to get as some areas do not open up until later. pointless trying until the game is finished

Not here no. But there's a thread on TrueAchievements regarding the same thing and some people there have gone through some pretty extensive stuff to get this to unlock.

So either it's bugged out or there is some really obsure requirement blocking it.

Is there no way to deploy troops to captured outposts to defend? The game kind of hints at this, but I just thought I hadn't unlocked the ability yet. Mounted weapons say they can be used to defend outposts and I could have sworn the game mentioned something about doing something to help your troops be more successful at defending outposts.