Achievement Guide and Road Map

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10

- Offline: 9 [200]

- Approximate time to 1000: 4-5 hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (+2 Partials)

- Missable achievements: Yes

- Does difficulty affect Achievements: No

- Unobtainable/Glithed Achievements: No

- Glitchy Achievements: No

- Extra equipment needed?: No

Introduction:

King's Quest marks the revival of an old-school point and click adventure series that had many entries in the 80's and 90's. The story is presented through the original protagonist telling his granddaughter about his exploits, which are very light-hearted and whimsical. There are many puzzles to solve and often an incorrect choice will lead to (a humorous) death. If you have enjoyed the recent Telltale games, but wish for more player control, this is definitely for you.

Rubble Without a Cause is the second chapter of a five-part episodic game, available by itself for $9.99 or part of the Complete Collection for $39.99.

Step 1: Unicorn Playthrough

There is a "Cure" that in the game can only be used on one character, while two require it for separate achievements. For this playthrough, use the Cure on the unicorn to get The Lost Unicorn, while collecting all the coins and pages in the game for Booked Em and The King is in a Cent, respectively. You will also get three story-related achievements. This is the only playthrough that you'll need to finish the section after the prison break.

Step 2: Bramble Playthrough

This time, use the Cure on Bramble for Medicinal Majesty, and work on everything she asks for. Get the chair from the chest by the rat for firewood, and have the blacksmith bonk the baker goblin to get the key for the flour. Get the ingredients for the potion makers to make the weed grower, grow the ladder, and get the Chunderweed. From there, heal the bakers to full, have them bake the special bread, then eat it for A Royal Pain in the Rear. You can quit as soon as you unlock that achievement.

Step 3: Cell-ebration! Playthrough

Follow the day by day steps in the guide to unlock your final achievement. You only have to play the first half of the chapter up until the prison break and then you're done.

Edited by The Pants Party

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110668-lo.jpg Distressed Out 20

Clear your head

Story related and can not be missed.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110669-lo.jpg The King is in a Cent 20

Get all gold coins in Chapter 2.

There are four coins to collect in this chapter.

• 1. Feed the giant rat one of the hunks of meat to get the chair. Then use the chair on the pile of toys outside of the potion maker cave.
  • 2. When you get the frying pan weapon and give it to the blacksmith, have her hit the goblin on the right to collect his coin. Alternatively, if you choose to hit the baker goblin first, you can get a broom from the Cinderella scene after getting three strength and bring that to her and she will hit the coin goblin that time.
  • 3. After using the weed growth potion on the vines on the third floor, sleep for one night and return to climb the vine ladder. The coin is at the top.
  • 4. After getting three strength and breaking the giant pipe in your cell, climb through it and find this coin in a bucket in the next room.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110670-lo.jpg Booked Em 20

Get all pages in Chapter 2.

There are three pages to find in this chapter.

• 1. The first page can only be found if you use the cure potion on the unicorn. Take the unicorn to the merchant and he will give you an axe. Use the axe on the giant mushroom outside of the blacksmith cave to get it.
  • 2. The second page is found inside the locked room with the flour. You can get the key from one of the goblins outside of the blacksmith's cell. See the description for Coin #2 on how to hit the goblins. Collect the page inside the baker's closet.
  • 3. The third page is found on a bulletin board in the room with the pipe that will lead to the bolt cutters. Just walk up and interact with it for the final page.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110672-lo.jpg Rubble Yell 20

Escape the goblin prison

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110674-lo.jpg Cell-ebration! 30

Escape without any townspeople taken away

There are three people that count toward this achievement: the blacksmith, the bakers, and the potion makers. You'll need to ignore the unicorn to get this achievement, and he will lose all his health and be taken away - but he doesn't count.

There are some slight alterations to this order you could probably make, but the steps below will guarantee you the achievement:

• Day 1: No food available. Speak with each of your cellmates and clean all the cobwebs. You will be forced to sleep.
  • Day 2: Feed yourself, and do everything you can that requires two strength. Lower the bridges, go get the frog and then the fly, and grab the sword. Have the blacksmith use the sword on the coin goblin. You will be forced to sleep.
  • Day 3: Buy the Cure with the coin from the goblin and give it to the bakers. Feed the meat to the potion makers, then give them the fly to receive the weed grower. Use that on the vine on the third floor. Go to sleep.
  • Day 4: Feed yourself, and do everything you can that requires three strength. Go inside the pipe in your cell to get a coin, and grab the coin at the top of the newly grown vine ladder on floor three, then go buy the last bowl of food. Go all the way to the furthest area on the third floor and interact with the Cinderella scene, then use the weed grower after the shoe falls. Grab the rose from the other section and bring it all the way to the vase at the bottom. Go to sleep.
  • Day 5: Give the bowl of food to the potion makers (they should now be at full health). Give them the rose to receive the bomb. Go to the Cinderella scene and give the shoe to the step-sister. They will leave, allowing you to use the bomb on the fireplace. Go through the pipe to get the bolt cutters. Use the bolt cutters on the potion makers to escape.

If you accidentally give the bowl of food to the potion makers on Day 4, you can still salvage things. I did on accident (they had 3/6 health at the time so it was a waste of one health, and my bomb was confiscated since I got it before the shoe was available in the Cinderella scene and had to go to sleep to progress the weed growth). You'll have to manage everyone's health carefully, feed the rat to get an extra coin to buy the chopsticks to use as lockpicks to get your bomb out of storage, and THEN you can use it to get through the pipe to the bolt cutters and finish the escape. It takes a few extra days but you'll be fine. To be safe, just follow the steps above and you won't run into that issue like I did though!

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110675-lo.jpg Medicinal Majesty 20

Care for the Caring

Use the cure potion on Bramble. You will get this while working on Cell-ebration! and Royal Pain in the Rear.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110676-lo.jpg The Reign is Just Beginning 30

Complete Chapter 2

Secret Achievements

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110671-lo.jpg The Lost Unicorn 20

This is a hidden achievement.

Use the cure all potion on the unicorn, then return him to the merchant. You will get this while working on the Booked Em achievement.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/achievements/3324/110673-lo.jpg A Royal Pain in the Rear 20

This is a hidden achievement.

After using the cure potion on Bramble, she will ask for wood for the stove. Give her the chair you got from feeding the rat. Then they will ask for flour, which you can get in the baker's closet (see Coin #2 for how to get the key). And finally they'll need Chunderweed, which is at the top of the vine ladder on the third floor (see Coin #3 for how to grow it).

She will need to be sufficiently fed for each of these steps, so if you try to give her an item and she's too tired, give her food to proceed to the next step (you may have to sleep a night to get a new hunk of meat). Once they are at full strength to make the poisoned pie, you'll attempt to feed it to the guards but they'll find a different method of taking them out, leaving some bread behind. After the cinematic you'll pick it up - return to your cell to eat it to unlock the achievement (and die).

Would you recommend doing the 2 partials first, and doing the complete unicorn run after? Since the unicorn playthrough seems to be the "proper" playthrough, should we save it for last so it's the one that goes down in the save file? Or just do the 2 partials on a separate file?

Personally, I would consider doing the "Cell-e-bration" play through as the full run through as it's the only one you absolutely have to progress to leaving the prison area and it makes the most sense as the "proper" run through (if people actually died).

Think about it this way, if your decisions in this chapter alter chapter 3 at all, would you rather have the sketchy merchant who isn't one of your subjects upset with you for not helping his unicorn (which he may not even know). Or would you rather have Bramble and her husband upset with you for risking her health and their unborn baby's health...seems like an obvious answer.

And I would do that one on your primary save with your chapter 1 data. I would do the other partials on another save. As far as I can tell, once you start chapter 2 on a file that contains chapter 1 data, you can't overwrite or erase that chapter 2 data without erasing your chapter 1 data.

Edited by bigbear.

That's definitely the "best" outcome for a new king wanting the support of his subjects.

I don't know think these will have much, if any, overlap though. This isn't a "X will remember that" type game. It's an episodic adventure game, but each story seems to be separate.

That's definitely the "best" outcome for a new king wanting the support of his subjects.

I don't know think these will have much, if any, overlap though. This isn't a "X will remember that" type game. It's an episodic adventure game, but each story seems to be separate.

When I played other playthroughs for chapter 2 on an empty save file it mentioned something about the game being meant to be played in order. Then the bridge troll called me a different nickname than in my main save and the merchant acted as though I hadn't saved him from the goblins in chapter 1. No actual difference but there was altered dialogue.

When I played other playthroughs for chapter 2 on an empty save file it mentioned something about the game being meant to be played in order. Then the bridge troll called me a different nickname than in my main save and the merchant acted as though I hadn't saved him from the goblins in chapter 1. No actual difference but there was altered dialogue.

Yeah, just cosmetic stuff. I don't think it's going to change the story at all.

Somehow, I screwed up getting the gold coins, book pages, and cell-ebration. Now, my only option is to delete the entire save to try again. I wish I would've copied my episode 1 save beforehand.

Same here. Somehow forgot that I got the axe after handing the Unicorn over and it got taken off me in my cell and now I can't get the other page. Need a step by step guide I think haha

EDIT....Just found anything taken from you is found at the top of the Vine Ladder on the 3rd floor (you need the chopsticks to pick the lock)

Edited by IEvil IMonkey

Same here. Somehow forgot that I got the axe after handing the Unicorn over and it got taken off me in my cell and now I can't get the other page. Need a step by step guide I think haha

If you still have gold gget the chopsticks and pick the lock holding your confiscated axe.

I didn't get the key for the flour? I did what you said she hit the right guard, but after they pulled me to my room. No key! Am I screwed?

The right guard gives you the coin, the left guard with the baker hat has the key. I re-read my descriptions and it doesn't seem to be misleading but please let me know how you misinterpreted it so I can try to reword it better!

Hmmm... not sure how I screwed that up, I'm sorry. I wrote it by memory after I completed the achievement. I think I've fixed the order, and you should be ok. Only thing I messed up is when the vine grows.

Just go ahead and go to sleep where you're at on Day 2, then feed them in Day 3 as I had described before. It just moves the vine growing back by a day, which doesn't matter as you buy the bowl of food on the same day this way, and they will still be at full health when you need them to be.

Hmmm... not sure how I screwed that up, I'm sorry. I wrote it by memory after I completed the achievement. I think I've fixed the order, and you should be ok. Only thing I messed up is when the vine grows.

Just go ahead and go to sleep where you're at on Day 2, then feed them in Day 3 as I had described before. It just moves the vine growing back by a day, which doesn't matter as you buy the bowl of food on the same day this way, and they will still be at full health when you need them to be.

I'm having a problem with "A Royal Pain in the Rear" as it won't let me eat the bread now that I have strength 3/3 and it just keeps saying someone else will eat this???

I tried to avoid giving as detailed instructions for "Cell-E-Bration" in my TA solution because I didn't want to spoil the puzzles. So for the people that don't mind spoilers, I linked to this thread and credited you over there. Hope that is okay.

Yeah, no worries.

I'm having a problem with "A Royal Pain in the Rear" as it won't let me eat the bread now that I have strength 3/3 and it just keeps saying someone else will eat this???

You have the tainted bread, not just the normal bread? I don't recall what strength I was at when I ate it. I guess it might make sense that you can't be full, but I guess I was thinking since it was tainted it wouldn't matter.

I'm completely stuck; where is this flour room? Who is the goblin I can buy things off. Got max strength 2x gold (chair and pipe in cell) everyone bar blacksmith "dead" and I have no idea what to do.

Royally messed up my only save as well which is annoying as I had a perfect chapter 1 playthrough!

You have the tainted bread, not just the normal bread? I don't recall what strength I was at when I ate it. I guess it might make sense that you can't be full, but I guess I was thinking since it was tainted it wouldn't matter.

It's called Sweetycakes

EDIT Got it now. I didn't see the poisoned version in my menu as that's the one I had to eat to get the achievement

Edited by IEvil IMonkey

I'm completely stuck; where is this flour room? Who is the goblin I can buy things off. Got max strength 2x gold (chair and pipe in cell) everyone bar blacksmith "dead" and I have no idea what to do.

Royally messed up my only save as well which is annoying as I had a perfect chapter 1 playthrough!

Flour room is on the third floor to the right, next to the merchant that sells everything (not a goblin). I'm assuming you haven't got the weapon either which is down that same hallway. You'll need to get the weapon and give it to the blacksmith, who can hit the goblin with the baker hat which will give you the key to the flour room.

Basically you missed a ton of stuff by not turning right when you got to the third floor. :p

It's called Sweetycakes

EDIT Got it now. I didn't see the poisoned version in my menu as that's the one I had to eat to get the achievement

Great, so you were able to eat it at 3/3 strength?

I dont know how to get These bomb. I am missing a pea or bean

The pea is inside a small door to the right as soon as you go through the 2-strength door on the third floor. You'll have to put the goblin to sleep with a song, which you can learn elsewhere (inside the pipe in your cell) but if I remember correctly the order is: yellow, yellow, brown, black, yellow, yellow, brown.

I dont know how to get These bomb. I am missing a pea or bean

The pea is in a room on the 3rd floor (go right and up a ledge and through a door - strength level 2)

Inside the room is a goblin on some beds that you need to send to sleep. Interact with the music box in the corner and change the settings as follows (if you use a guide of the far left of the spindle is 1 purple and the far right is 5 orange) change the "tabs" to 4 green - 4 green - 5 orange - 1 purple - 4 green - 4 green - 5 orange

This will play a melody to send him to sleep and you can get the pea from in the beds

Great, so you were able to eat it at 3/3 strength?

Yes but as it was poisoned it gave me a "game over" screen and then put me back in the game. I don't know if this is what's meant to happen as it wasn't in the guide. He wouldn't eat the normal sweetycake as he still says he can give it to someone who needs it more

The pea is in a room on the 3rd floor (go right and up a ledge and through a door - strength level 2)

Inside the room is a goblin on some beds that you need to send to sleep. Interact with the music box in the corner and change the settings as follows (if you use a guide of the far left of the spindle is 1 purple and the far right is 5 orange) change the "tabs" to 4 green - 4 green - 5 orange - 1 purple - 4 green - 4 green - 5 orange

This will play a melody to send him to sleep and you can get the pea from in the beds

Oh wow, mine was in the same order but my colors were way different. Mine was black=1, yellow=4, brown=5.

Yes but as it was poisoned it gave me a "game over" screen and then put me back in the game. I don't know if this is what's meant to happen as it wasn't in the guide. He wouldn't eat the normal sweetycake as he still says he can give it to someone who needs it more

Yup, that's how it unlocks. I'll mention the game over screen.