To Anyone Having Trouble With "Safety Deposit Box" (Spoilers)

KirbyTheAlmighty

Here's what I did, for anyone that's having trouble with this.

As soon as you talk Elijah into coming down and meeting you in the vault, open the door and leave. Immediately go left, and backtrack through the building, towards the elevator you began at. If you do it this way, you have plenty of time to find your way around, and you can be close to the elevator before he ever sets off the alarm.

Recap:

1. Talk Elijah into coming down into the vault.

2. Immediately leave the vault and book it through the LEFT entrance of the room.

3. Backtrack all the way to the elevator that you arrived in.

4. Around the time you get anywhere close to the elevator, Elijah will realize that he's been tricked, and set off the alarm.

5. He's stuck in the room. All you have left to do is leave on the elevator.

6. Enjoy your Achievement.

I always get there a second late and the force field to the doorway goes up. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I definitely was. I was trying to take a short cut. I totally forgot I had to go through the Portal-like portion to get back to the elevator.

Edited by motatnema

I always get the optional quest about sneaking out.

My problem is no matter what I seem to do those electric barriers pop back up, once I attempt to enter the room with the elevator door.

Follow the OP's method, and the barrier won't be in your way, just in his. If you head towards the door directly, the barrier comes up and it's in your way. If you go back around the way you came, the barrier still is up, but it's blocking the other side, so you can still exit.

I had some weird glitch where there was an invisible wall behind the door leading to the elevator.

This killed me several times because I couldn't leave, but I eventually seemed to figure out a rather weird solution to it. There's an explosive can near the door, seems that if you open the door, then shoot the can, it somehow reminds the game that the door has been opened. I don't know how it works, all I know is that it worked for me.

Thanks Kirby. By the time I was in the vault I was too tired to figure this one out. The only thing I did different was that I used the stealthboy and hauled a$$ just in case those security holograms tried to slow me up (they didn't). It worked like a charm on the first try. You were on here quick with this help thread. Why guess when you know where the answers are. Thanks again.

Okay, after two hours of trying, I figured out why this wasn't working for me. I wasn't using any of the Skill Dialogue options that popped up to get him down. I asked him about the PipBoy(1st dialogue), then I asked him something like "Now that I'm in here, are you coming down?". He responded No, blah blah blah, and I picked the last option next, which was complacent. Something about he could come down because I wouldn't do anything. When I did that, nothing I could do got me out of there in time to get past forcefields and everything else.

What I had to do, and this worked on the first time, was talk to him until I got a skill dialogue option that was threatening to him. I always used the option of my Explosives at 75, about blowing up my collar. Then he'd deny it, and I'd say it again. Once I did that, I was able to escape my first time. I know I didn't explain it very well, so if someone is confused, ask me. I'll try to be more clear

• 3 weeks later...