Pearl Harbor Bombing Mission

Molneze3

No, because moral outrage about a game is a waste of my time. It's like getting upset that you have to play as Darth Vader at the beginning of The Force Unleashed, or the terrorist sequence in MW2, Should you never be allowed to play as the south in a Civil War game?, etc. If you are looking for something to object to you can always find it. You'd have to ask the developers what their motivation for including those levels was. If it bugs you then don't support their products with your time and money. Also the leap from "we've done a Japanese Pearl Harbor level, next up 9/11 flight sim" seems like a bit of a stretch.

isn't it sometimes interesting to see things from other peoples points of view? when germany, italy & japan were fighting the allies in WW2, they believed they were doing the right thing.

the game is available in Asia aswell, i am sure the japanese gamers appreciate being able to play it that way.

Remember the game is made by russian developers, they dont have to pander to the wests politically correct bullshit.

Wow... chill guys. I was just saying that, THAT particular event was a little harsh to go after. I mean playing as a solider from Japan and killing Americans during a historic raid is one thing. We do it all the time in games as an american solider. I'm not talking about that, cuz yes, honestly that would be a one sided argument. I'd be fine with that. I'm saying, given the gravity of the event that unfolded on Pearl Harbor. Given what we know now, and that America wasn't even part of the War before that, then the attack... and to re-create that? America was basically a neutral side at that point, in fact we were in Peace talks with Japan at the time. Seems pretty ballsy. Americans were basically slaughtered there with a completely unrealistic military advantage by the Japanese. That being said, then the 911 Attacks are not that far off to play in a game. A military power attacked America during 911. Just under 3,000 people died then. The only other Single day event that came close to US deaths during an attack was Pearl Harbor at approx 2,500. So don't tell me its that far of a leap. Those events are practically brothers. That would be like us re-creating the bombs Dropped on Hiroshima, or play as Hitler and slaughter tons of Jews... but you don't see us going around making those games.

I'm not looking for a political debate. I was just asking If anyone else thought that it was a little fucked up dropping those bombs like that. Sure give me a Japanese Zero and let me do some aerial combat against some American fighter pilots. Put me in a German Fatigue and let me reign down metal on the Beaches of Normandy... I wasn't saying anything about that! I'm not one of those Americans that think because we're America we can go around doing bad things, but once it is done to us.... ohhh you better watch out. No, thats not what i'm saying. I think the mass slaughter of 1000s of people in ANY setting is completely in appropriate, video game or not. I was not expecting that mission... thats all.

Mods Delete this thread if it gets outa hand. I was not trying to start a MORAL/POLITICAL/MILITARY uprising on here. :)

Its just a game when all is said and done.

Hey your entitled to your opinion man, keep right on expressing it. My intent wasn't to shut you up, or be insulting. If it came across that way I apologize. I just happen to disagree, and I'll give you that you have a point mathematically, that if depicting the death of 2,500 people is acceptable than 3,000 isn't a stretch.

I Just think that there have been plenty of games that have the players partake in actions that someone could object to. I think that if it gets someone to think, or view event from another perspective it can be a powerful tool. To me that doesn't mean the players/ developers are condoning or glorifying those actions.

Hey your entitled to your opinion man, keep right on expressing it. My intent wasn't to shut you up, or be insulting. If it came across that way I apologize. I just happen to disagree, and I'll give you that you have a point mathematically, that if depicting the death of 2,500 people is acceptable than 3,000 isn't a stretch.

I Just think that there have been plenty of games that have the players partake in actions that someone could object to. I think that if it gets someone to think, or view event from another perspective it can be a powerful tool. To me that doesn't mean the players/ developers are condoning or glorifying those actions.

Word :drunk