Awful awful awful

Eggnogga

Heads up -- If you're on the fence between getting this or Kinect Sports. Go w/ the latter.

I spent about 90 minutes last night playing Adventures and had some good fun w/ that. It was about everything I expected. Decided then to give Motion Sports a go. Not only were the loading times ungodly long, the game was extremely unresponsive.

I mainly stuck to soccer. I'd run up to kick the ball and nothing would happen. It would just sit there telling me to shoot. Doing the midfield challenge, where you're trying to hit the ball w/ power, the game would only register me hitting it roughly 1/4 of the time. Sometimes it would just squib kick it about 10 feet short of the goal.

As for the achievements, getting 1,000 in this is gonna be insane due to all these issues. I can't figure out for the life of me how the game detects where you're trying to kick the ball. The section where you need to hit targets... of the 10 you need to hit, I managed to hit 2. I tried this 3 times and I could only hit 2! Crappy game. :mad:

I bought this game and have mixed feelings. My comments on each sport below.

Horse Back Riding: Found to be responsive and an ok game, im personally not a fan of horse back riding.

Football: Pending on the game mode, running back challenges worked great for me. Quarterback is hard to get "perfect" throws.

Soccer: I do agree the kicking in the soccer was tricky, and have somewhat figured out a way to over the come the "shoot" message. Walk up till you see the shoot message then take a step back only with the leg you want to shoot with then kick. This has worked for me.

Boxing: Rapid punches do not work, sometimes after i punch and pull my hands back fast to block it doesnt register the block and i get hit. If you take is slow seems alright. Some of the opponents are really hard and patience is basically the only way to beat some of them.

Hang Gliding: Seems the most responsive and enjoyable game in the mix. Havent really faced any issue with it.

Skiing: I find this sport the most challenging due to the sensitivity of leaning your body to turn. Leaning a tad to much is the difference in hitting the fence or not, or basically getting a terrible score.

If anyone has further questions about this game just let me know.

That was truly one of the best things I've seen in ages. Had seen a bit of these guys before but will keep an eye out for the future.

Seriously...I wiped away tears.

Nothing funnier than frustrated gamers.

Thanks for that

ex

Oh dear. Have a look at this video, one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-motion-sports/17-3469/

Rider meet horse, horse meet rider. ROFL!!! Game looks absolutely horrible.

i bought this game and agree it's not the best although i've had no trouble with the football/soccer games. but the american football is a pig can't even do the first one my bloke jumps fine but getting under the fences just don't work. the hang glider is by far the best reminds me of playing pilot wings years ago.

this game is so bad ass. I love it. Me and the wife + friends are having a blast. I have no issues with any of the games. My kinect registers all the movements every single time, no matter now rough or gentile the movements are.

Edited by cowboy bob

• 5 weeks later...
I was going to get this just for the Boxing but then i heard that you basically knock them out with a few punches. Is this true?

Well that Depends the First guy yes hes a giant push over the second guy is pretty much the first guy but dodges more the third guy you cant hit he just keeps dodging once in awhile you can hit em which can lead up to two more hits I only have 50 Achievement points in this game after 2 hours of playing this horrible game I tried to take it back but it was opened so they wouldnt I was going to trade it into game stop but then I thought what if someone else bought it so I sent it to ubisoft asking for a refund and an apology for putting out such garbage.