Achievement Guide & Roadmap

JaxTH

Maybe it only counts tags in single player or offline mode then.

Has anyone gotten the lucky box achievement? It says to earn 3 lucky boxes. I did that already but I haven't gotten the achievement yet :( Do you have to get 3 lucky boxes as in when 3 of them show up or what?

I got a lucky box every time I play ranked, try it if you haven't already.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offline Tekken Lord achievement is a bit of a grind. I've won 300 odd matches and nowhere near it.

I don't seem to be getting many clothes for my mains Hwoarang and Miguel either when I win the gold box matches annoyingly...

Great guide btw JaxTH.

Thanks.

Also, from what I've seen around the internet supposedly you are only getting customization items for the lead golden ghost that you beat. So you'd want to look for Hwoarang and Miguel ghosts that are the leads for that ghost match.

I've never really ran into Hwoarang much but I keep finding Miguel alone.

Though, if it does work like this I see no point in golden Tiger ghosts besides getting movioes from him if you need them since you can't customize him in the first place.

When I came home from work today I found my younger brother furiously attempting to get the "Best of Friends" achievement. I watched him for about half an hour before he ragequit.

I tried myself on my own account afterwards with him as the backseat gamer and he was outraged that I got it within ten minutes of fooling around with Baek and Hwoarang in practice mode. I told him the combo and when he swapped back to his account, he got it right away using the same method!

So if you happen to struggle with that achievement like my poor little brother, choose Baek and Hwoarang. Press :dright:, :ybut: + :abut: (or whatever you have as RP + LK) then :rbbut: as soon as the grab starts. Voila! :p Super simple combo~

Thanks.

Also, from what I've seen around the internet supposedly you are only getting customization items for the lead golden ghost that you beat. So you'd want to look for Hwoarang and Miguel ghosts that are the leads for that ghost match.

I've never really ran into Hwoarang much but I keep finding Miguel alone.

Though, if it does work like this I see no point in golden Tiger ghosts besides getting movioes from him if you need them since you can't customize him in the first place.

This is correct... The problem with this is that I'm still trying to get Dragonov's Ending via Ghost mode, but I swear you never even face him let alone at a gold bar!

Maybe it only counts tags in single player or offline mode then.

I got a lucky box every time I play ranked, try it if you haven't already.

Well I got the lucky box achievement just now but it's weird, after all of those times I was getting lucky box (The non gold boxes) I wouldn't get the achievement and I would get the box more than 3 times. I guess it's because I'm at a higher rank and they kept popping up. Im at 29 dan right now. Maybe it's just my damn luck.

Edited by Retrokiid90

Sorry if something like this has been posted already but when you're grinding those combot points I found a way to get 75-80k in one go, easy and fast.

Equip Kazuyas 1,2,2 (:xbut::ybut::ybut:) combo, that's all you need!

Stage 5

Boss battle

First opponent:

:dright:+:ybut: tag:rbbut:, :xbut:, :xbut:, :xbut:, :xbut:, :xbut::ybut::ybut:, :ddown:+:bbut:

Do this combo untill the enemy starts to float up then use direct tag assault (:xbut:+:ybut:+:rbbut:) I recommend putting it straightly to other button like LB.

Press :dright: all the time to keep close to the opponent

:xbut:+:ybut:+:rbbut:, :xbut::ybut::ybut:,:xbut::ybut::ybut:,:xbut::ybut::ybut:, :dright:+:ybut: as many times as needed.

2nd and 3rd opponent:

You can use direct tag assault from the start of the match so just use

Press :dright: all the time to keep close to the opponent

:xbut:+:ybut:+:rbbut:, :xbut::ybut::ybut:,:xbut::ybut::ybut:,:xbut::ybut::ybut:, :dright:+:ybut: over and over again.

If you have problem with the combo that you get jab, launcher, jab launcher, that means you have to press :xbut::ybut::ybut: faster as the game registers your input as :xbut:, :dright:+:ybut:, :xbut:, :dright:+:ybut:, :xbut: etc.

I posted this as the guide says that you'll get 100k in two go's and with this method you get ~150k in two go's.

This also can be put in the guide if the guide creator wants :)

Just remember to credit me lol.

Edited by DarkSephiroth

I don't understand why this game is still in the "Upcoming games" section at the bottom of the forum when Borderlands 2 has been moved and this came out way before that?

Another showing of bias towards non-fighting games.

I was the one who got the TTT2 forum made since it was less than a month until release and still had no forum.

I'll probably ask them to take this out of "Upcoming".

Don't know if anyone else realized this, but I think you need to beat a higher rank opponent to be able tor ank up in Ghost battle. I lost to a Tekken god character when I was about to rank up, then I played like 5 lower ranked opponents without getting a promotion chance. Then I faced and lost to another tekken god, while getting the promotion chance.

Then I faced ANOTHER Tekken god directly afterwards, and I got the promotion chance again, this time winning. The only logical conclusion is that you can only get the promotion chance vs a higher level opponent.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't really want to start a new thread for this so I'll ask here.

What are the games options like I mean while playing generally can I stack the odds in my favor by switching to easy difficulty and 1 round per fight that sort of thing.

Yes, you can do Easy with 1 round per fight (The final battle will always be 2 rounds however).

This is an awesome road map and guide. Many thanks for this.

I do however have a question about Tekken lord rank. Does difficulty effect your rate and speed of promotions? does picking a single rather than tag speed this up further? (am currently on 325W and 19L (94.4%) ) yet i am only ranked byakko (21st dan)

Any replies would be a great help.

Great guide once again!

As far as I can tell difficulty and number of characters does not affect it. Maybe you were fighting opponents under/over three ranks to your own rank? You won't get as many points if they aren't within three of you when you win.

That's my only guess.

I was having the same issue as my Lili hadn't moved from Destroyer for the longest time. So I kept looking at the list of tiers and kept choosing higher ones and shes already ranked 2 tiers since I started doing it.

• 2 weeks later...