Bitching/Complaint Thread

Maka

Repetitive and there's no damn horn. Instead of honking at me people just ram me in the back which cause me to go from first place to last place. Online is alright, but that's how 90% of everybody plays the game. I swear these people need another Burnout game.

Pretty sure everyone who normally plays NFS or Burnout decided to buy this game and play online. :p Dirty bastards everywhere.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either I'm losing my touch or this game is different to the previous titles. I played every event in Forza 3 and 4 with no assists and the difficulty set to either medium or hard and I had very little trouble coming first. Yet now I'm struggling to place in the top 3.

I ended up turing on the traction control and knocking the difficulty down to average or whatever the default setting is and still no good. I know most of these tracks back to front and yet when I approach certain corners the same way I did in Forza 4, I'm spinning out or losing grip despite putting all my upgrades into handling and tires.

There's one corner in Laguna Seca I know the exact speed I can hit it in a 355. Yet when I tried it today, even travelling 5km/h slower, I'm still losing control. Not only that but I'm being overtaken by the AI who seem to be able to hit the corners faster:confused:

EDIT: So it turns out it just may be certain cars that are useless. I swapped over to the Countach and I haven't lost control once. I'm even hitting corners at speeds I know I can and powering through them:)

Edited by DEG23

I've had chance to play it a bit, so here are my complaints :

* No weather/night - I want rain. I want night-races. Why aren't these on here in this day and age? Wet races are amazing, which everyone looks forward to when spectating, they should be on. I mean, TOCA had wet races on the original PSX over 10 years ago.

* Not as many cars - Far less cars than previous editions/GT6. Saving for DLC, maybe, but thats not fair. I want more cars.

*The sliding - The cars backends lose in an unrealistic way impo. I've owned both FWD and RWD sports cars from FRST's to my 400bhp MR2 Turbo, and none handle like they do IRL on a track.

Apart from that, I love it :D

Now I'm convinced Turn 10 have completely ruined what was a great series. I spent the past 2 hours experimenting with different cars and setups and it seems that no matter how you upgrade your cars, some cars will spin out regardless. How is it that a 70's muscles car handles better than a mid engine Ferrari?

Normally if I spin out I know the one thing I have to do is reduce speed, problem is, the AI seem to be in cars that can do no wrong. There was one corner on the Spa track that I hit again and again using the rewind and no matter what line I took, the only way to prevent spinning out was to lower my speed, yet the AI (who were driving a similar setup, V12, front engined, RWD) were able to power through at speeds I simply couldn't do.

It's bad enough that the AI knock you around and seemingly catch up and overtake you constantly, despite being in cars that are less powerful than yours, but spinning out even at times where I can't understand why, means this game is more frustrating than fun.

Oh and why the hell can't I use rewind at the end of the race? Twice now I've been sitting in 2nd or 3rd going in to the last corner only to have the AI run right up the back of me, spin me out and damage my engine. Then I have no choice but to limp to the finish line and accept a 10th place.

I can't believe Turn 10 can create a near perfect game like Forza 4 and then fuck up so royally with this game:mad:

Drivatars suck..

My Friends Drivatars, always race like there possessed..

I struggle to get 3rd due to my friends, and this on New Racer Drivatar Difficulty.

I removed some friends, who only played it a couple of hours and they still raced like they were highly skilled..

The other random Drivatars seem fine once you get pass them, it's just seems any Drivatar Friends are super racer's..

Here are some examples of things that have happened, to me by my Friends Drivatar in a race...

1) They go faster and corner like on rails.

2) I've been overtook on a bend while they been on two wheels!!! true...

3) They finished 10-15 seconds ahead of me, 1st & 2nd, and the rest of the pack was still 25-30 seconds behind me, when i finished 3rd.

4) They came along side me, then just slammed into me..

5) They overtake cars on bends whilst weaving in and out at a high speed.

6) Some races where it's the same car, on an open straight, they came along side me and pulled away, like i was stopped..

7) They drive like they really are possessed, it all feels wrong..

The list could still go on...

It only seems to be any of my friends drivatars that race like this.

No matter what the difficulty is, it makes no difference..

And i've played all the other Forza's, so i know it doesn't feel right..

EDIT: I now removed some friends, i only now got one friend in my races, and it's changed the racing alot, it's alot better, it made a big difference not having alot of friends in my races and it's more enjoyable ....

Edited by DjBatfink

I just went through the A Class event and in every race one of my friends in an Aston One-77 would shoot out in first place and gain such a lead that it would win by a minimum of 16 seconds every race. The funny thing is, that friend hasn't even set a lap time in that series and doesn't even own that car.

During the Prague race I was hitting almost every corner perfect and had a lead from 3rd place by about 4 seconds and the One-77 still won by 16 seconds. The best part was on the Bathurst race, going in to the 3rd corner the One-77 was rammed by another car, slammed into the wall and had black smoke coming out. Sure enough, half a lap later it had powered through the crowd, shot past me and began its 18 second lead, all the while, black smoke pouring out of its engine. How's that for racing simulator:p

Edited by DEG23

Agree with most of what has already been posted. Here's a couple that have been bugging me:

- Engine sound gets glitched - noticed a lot on the Subaru BRZ, but have seen on other cars as well - at certain gear/RPM combos, the engine picks up what sounds like an engine note from a nearby car - then for the rest of the race, the other engine sound is played for a split second instead of your engine sound

- Mirrors on the Ariel Atom V-8 are wrong - both wing mirrors show the image from the left-hand side mirror when in cockpit view. How this slipped through is beyond me, as it is the only car to use to run one of the series in SP - guess the QA department didn't bother testing that one . . .

- Driver animations - driver's legs never move, and the animation for shifting a 'flappy paddle' car is horribly overstated. Watch F1 onboards, it's a barely noticeable movement of the fingers - but in FM5, it looks more like a pimp slap.

Yeah, I always enjoy the "boost" the drivatars seem to get on the last lap, coming back and catching me from half a lap down..........Seems legit!

Unsure what's going on but I never been caught again by Drivatars on Pro/Unbeatable. And when I look up those people on the Rivals leaderboards (basically, my Friends and their times), they're all in the top 5% worldwide usually.

lost interest in this game after I hit level 256 and my level went down to 1 and started over again I still have my level just not online which has just made me lose interest until its fixed worked hard for my level and now everyone thinks im a level 5 with over 700 races done :/

Damn...that's a pretty shitty deal right there.

• 2 months later...

Getting brake-checked by some stupid AI driver for absolutely no reason at all. It could be a 1 on 1 battle for first place, drafting on a straight with no turn coming up for a while. These idiots will slam on their brakes for no damn reason just to force you to crash into them. Which then sends you flying off the track, yet they are still going straight and fast as hell.

Getting brake-checked by some stupid AI driver for absolutely no reason at all.

Never follow the AI/Drivatar around the track. Not only do they drive too slow but also tend to follow the racing line in 99% of the corners. And none of these racing lines are necessarily the quickest especially if you're driving with minimal assists in the game :)

• 3 weeks later...

3 things I wish they would add to this game, one of which I can't believe they didn't from the start. That being the Nürburgring. What were they thinking leaving out such an iconic race track from the core game? It's the first race track I've ever driven on personally, and it's my favorite track of all time. It really bummed me out that they didn't include it in the game. I really hope they add it at some point.

The other two are cars. I would really like to see the BAC Mono and the Toyota FT-1. The problem with the FT-1 is that there is only 1 in the world and it's not a functioning car. Might make it difficult to model in a video game. The other, I'm not sure what their excuses are. They exist, been out for awhile, and there is even a company in Cali that imports them. Get on this Turn10!

The "Head Over Heels" achievement won't pop for me. I've tried with 2 different cars (Audi RS7 & Ferrari F12) on 2 different tracks (Indy & Bathurst) in 3 different game modes (Free Play, Rivals and Career). No luck. Stupid no GS achievment :(

Edit: At first you don't succeed, bitch about it and then it'll probably work, lol. Managed to get it, trying Free Play with the BMW 1M on Indy. Took 2 more attempts before it finally popped.

Edited by Sylon00

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, I am getting so frustrated at the stupid rubber banding and Drivatars that break the laws of physics in this game! This would be one racing game I thought it would be left out of. I was wrong. Absolutely ruins the single player experience.

Edited by xhunterrrr

was gonna say the same thing as dude above, the laws of physics suck, wonder if developers ever drove a car. Some turns an 18 wheeler could make, this game no, have to slow down to 10 mph. I had a mini cooper fly by me like it was on drugs and take first, wtf, i was in a shelby being passed by a cooper and no I wasnt slowing down or hitting anything

• 4 weeks later...

I just did the "I Could Do That In A Van" Rivals event in 9:56.614 and the achievement didn't pop. Very irritated.

Anyone else having issues with this one not popping?

EDIT: Add the "Silver and Gold" achievement to that list as it didn't pop for me either. Ugh.

Edited by Sylon00

No doubt you already did the powercycle trick and signed in again?

I ran the van one again and it popped, even though my time was slower. It was still under 10 minutes.

The Silver and Gold one secretly popped, as in it didn't give me a notification, after I power cycled the system.

I've also had issues with Forza achievements disappearing from the list, and duplicates showing up as well. So damn weird, it's like my Forza 5 achievements list is haunted. I wish I could take screenshots.