$1,000,000

May 4, 2010 - New York, NY - 2K Sports announced today that the winner of an unprecedented cash prize in the amount of $1,000,000 for the first person to throw a verified perfect game in Major League Baseball 2K10, will be revealed live during the Wednesday morning broadcast of CBS' The Early Show. Viewers across the nation can tune-in to their local CBS channel between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. to watch the exclusive unveiling of the million dollar winner.

"The interest and buzz leading up to this moment has been more than we could have ever imagined and we're excited to introduce our winner on a national stage," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports.

from ign

Is it really a "interest" and "buzz" worthy event to watch cbs at that time? They'll say who it is, he'll come out and wave. No one knows who this guy is or whatever.

from ign

Is it really a "interest" and "buzz" worthy event to watch cbs at that time? They'll say who it is, he'll come out and wave. No one knows who this guy is or whatever.

And then they can interview him for an hour!:p

I guess it would be sort of like when you see the guy who made a half court shot for a $1,000,000. They talk to him, ask him "what did you do to prepare" "what are you going to spend your money on", except this is going to be double the boring for viewers since it is a videogame...

I literally, actually, really, enjoyed the interview (surprisingly). Well, the CBS guy was generic, but that's expected.

He's going to pay the mortgage and start a family. What a stud. He seems deserving.

Stop it. You're just on his side because he said he asked his wife's permission.

Womb-havers.

And I actually enjoyed it, too. I was about to LOL if he said, "Yeah I tried it 4-5 times and it didn't work. But on my 6th try, it was easy." I know people who tried it for a week straight and couldn't get out of the fifth. I would've loved to hear who he used (team vs team and SP) but it's also telling that he said he tried to recreate it and couldn't. But yeah, Y2k, I mean, 2Ksports coughed up the money, he nailed the no-no and now the mlb 2k10 community will be 70% less than it was a week ago.

Stop it. You're just on his side because he said he asked his wife's permission.

Womb-havers.

And I actually enjoyed it, too. I was about to LOL if he said, "Yeah I tried it 4-5 times and it didn't work. But on my 6th try, it was easy." I know people who tried it for a week straight and couldn't get out of the fifth. I would've loved to hear who he used (team vs team and SP) but it's also telling that he said he tried to recreate it and couldn't. But yeah, Y2k, I mean, 2Ksports coughed up the money, he nailed the no-no and now the mlb 2k10 community will be 70% less than it was a week ago.

I just want to see how many used copies are gonna surface once the all-star game passes lol.

The Y2K thing had me laughing or when the guy got excited when he hit the fol ball lmao he thought he got a hit.

] But yeah, Y2k, I mean, 2Ksports coughed up the money

Snap! I thought the interview was going to tank as soon as he said that. What if he said Iran instead of Iraq in a news story? I felt like he wasn't taking the interview seriously, but he recovered...a little. I too would have liked to hear some strategy, tips, matchups, etc. I'm guessing he got an achievement at the same time too? Woohoo, I got an achievement!!! Oh yea, and ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Was the million dollars worth it (on 2K's part)? Surely it sold many more copies but enough for that much in profits? Regardless, it's a cool promotion, and it went to a cool guy. That wife seemed a little strict though, or I guess that's how he painted her at least. Next time he wants to play...LET HIM, haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...