MUT wont let me play a game!!

Purple Hooter

Ok,

First of all, let me get this out of the way. I watch football and thats about it, hockey is my go to sport where I know everything about it.

Anyway, I have my MUT with an 83 overall, all positions filled in and everything, but any time I go to start a game, I get this message:

There are holes in your depth chart in the following positions:

FB, WR, KR, PR

So I let it take me back to my lineup, but sure enough, every position is filled in by the correct player and there are no vacant spots in my lineup. On top of that, it doesnt take me to what the game wants fixed, I seriously spent over an hour trying to figure this out and fix it, but the game refuses anything I do, because somehow I am not "filling the holes in my depth chart."

Can someone please make light of this to me! Thanks in advance

i am still waiting to pick up my copy of Madden 12 so i apologize if you have tried this or it is redundant.

i know that in other EA sports games (including hockey, football especially) that ive run into times where it says i cant play due to lineup not set even tho ive double-checked like you have. in these circumstances what has usually helped me is to set the lineup to the default. then this usually allows me to re-arrange my lineup the way i prefer.

one thing i have occasionally noticed in previous Madden & NCAA games is the game will set multiple starting positions sometimes for one player such as one guy starting HB and FB which wouldnt work so maybe doublecheck that too. also another problem i have seen in previous Madden is when you go to change your lineup then it will for some reason delete several other parts of the lineup. it seems to happen more often when setting your offensive line. instead if having 3 per pistion it might have 3 on say LT, 1 on RT and no one else for other positions.

sometimes it wont allow me to get the correct players set in the lineup. ive had to just put any random player in each lineup spot just to get game started & then usually once i start game i can make the substitutions right away to what they should be. its been a few yrs since i have had this happen & it doesnt happen a lot. i am not sure if this is the same issue you are having or not.

• 1 year later...