For those that dont get the ending.. here is explanation **SPOILER**

Chrushev

I saw at least a couple people mention that they dont really "get it" when it comes to the ending of the game.

HERE COMES THE SPOILER OF THE ENDING!!!

|

|

|

|

You are guided by the "mysterious voice" throughout the game. In the end it is revealed to be a program, that is embedded into the satellite orbiting the planet.

Every 200 years it chooses a random person that it believes can make it to prevent the Vault's inevitable opening.

The vault indeed has weapons, the weapon is a HUGE creature from another dimension that if let out would destroy the planet and possibly the universe.

So, once you defeat the creature's form in this realm (which is vulnerable as explained in the cut-scene.) It get pushed back and the vault closes for 200 years.

In another 200 years the same cycle will happen.

The program will chose another 'destined one' to march to the vault, and make sure the creature doesn't get out... and the cycle goes on and on and on...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also the same shit probably happens every 200 years. Some dumbass gets the key and tries to open it not knowing whats going to happen.

Only thing that sucked about the ending was that they didn't explain it good enough in the game.

That and me and my friend took the thing down in about 30 seconds with our rocket launchers. yay for orange weapons that fire 15 rockets at the same time lol.

It's because the Destroyer will escape the confines of the vault, and the Adventurer needs to get the key so they can go in there and stop that from happening. I believe the idea is once the creature gets out of the vault we are all screwed.
But he only comes out when the vault is opened with the key. So why not destroy the key? Just doesn't make any sense.

But he only comes out when the vault is opened with the key. So why not destroy the key? Just doesn't make any sense.

probably because the monster could break out but you couldn't break in.does that make sense?like you could go in and destroy him instead of waiting for him to break out.that's the only thing that makes sense i can think of.

So why fucking have someone set out to find the key every 200 years? Just get the key, destroy it, end of.

Bad storyline, fun game.

There could be a ton of reasons... just a couple off top of my head:

1) People are too greedy to destroy something that could be very valuable

2) Its made of something indestructable? lol I mean it was broken into pieces remember? You had to collect (I think it was 4 pieces).. before you could use the key. So perhaps someone has tried?

3) If they destroyed it they wouldnt be able to make a sequel.. or DLC. or something.

Wait, are you saying the satellite was put their by the vault building aliens? Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but it looked more like the human technology in the game than the rarely seen alien technology. I assumed the lady was an alien, and that the satellite was how she was tracking you, but I thought she was either alive or a guardian-like ghost hacking into the satellite. Where did you get that she was a program? The aliens left long before the humans arrived, so how would a program get onto the human satellite?

Also, I thought that the vault had remained closed on the previous opening dates, and once you destroyed the monster it was gone for good. It could potentially be opened every 200 years but it wasn't. The point of the lady guiding you there was that she finally found someone who was alive at the right time and capable of killing it, so she sent you there to destroy it and remove the threat once and for all.

In that scenario having her get you to gather the keys and open the vault makes a lot more sense. She's doing it because she knows eventually someone will figure it out and open it, and she figures it might as well happen on her terms (when there will be someone capable of fighting it nearby).

This only leaves the reason for creating a prison/gateway that can be opened rather than just destroying the monster and/or permanently closing the vault. I can only guess that the aliens couldn't destroy the monster but also saw a potential situation where opening it was a good idea, but because of how dangerous it was they kept it on a timer (perhaps the other dimension has something they want/need, so they were waiting until their technology was strong enough to defeat it). After they died out/left the galaxy/whatever, they left the guardians to mind the vault. When humans landed and started poking around it became clear the situation needed to be resolved or else they would poke around and accidentally release the monster, and as luck would have it, you showed up.

If your scenario comes from an official source then I'll accept it, but if its just a fan theory I think we can work out most of the kinks.

Edited by TheOnlyDogMan

The satellite was most certainly of human origin. If you watch, not only is it a classic human satellite design =p... but along with the "Guardian Angel" logo on the side it says, "HYPERION" in big letters on the side. Hyperion being one of the weapon manufacturers in the game.

That really begs the question as to how long humans have been messing around on Pandora. Clearly the Eridians and their ruins preceded human settlement, but the guardian angel and her statements are man-made.

TBH I think trying to make sense of it is pointless, the story was too thinly presented for us to have any idea what was going on. Every side quest was just filler and didn't add anything to the main story line. I suppose you could argue Tannis journal collection quests added to the main story, but she doesn't add anything of substance.

I feel like the game was very rushed after the salt flats area. It's like they got through that part and went, "Hmm.. we need to end this." It's like they started out with the first 3/4 of a weak story to drive game play and didn't know how to end it. Somebody at the monday morning design meeting comes in after a weekend of drugs and depravity and goes, "Hentai monster.", and that's what we end up with. =p

I feel like the game was very rushed after the salt flats area. It's like they got through that part and went, "Hmm.. we need to end this." It's like they started out with the first 3/4 of a weak story to drive game play and didn't know how to end it. Somebody at the monday morning design meeting comes in after a weekend of drugs and depravity and goes, "Hentai monster.", and that's what we end up with. =p

Now that explanation gets my vote!

Somebody at the monday morning design meeting comes in after a weekend of drugs and depravity and goes, "Hentai monster.", and that's what we end up with. =p

I love this forum. I ought to bake you cookies.

But yeah, that Hyperion Logo...assuming then that the Guardian Angel is human, or of human design, why on earth would the big-wig gun companies leave it to just 1-4 treasure-seeking schmucks to stop a near-immortal evil weapon thing? I mean, we (the players) are badass, but I have to assume that 150 or so Crimson lance could've dropped it just as fine.

There ARE bigger plot holes, I guess. :)

I think the "HYPERION" logo and the CL4P-TP turning evil at the end clearly shows that it is a plot by a huge corporation. I'm betting that the monster isn't the weapon, but it's just protecting the technology inside the Vault. The company is using you to gain access and then will backstab you and steal the technology in a sequel/DLC.

ALso, big props on the 'hentai monster' comment. Haha.

I don't care why the monster was there, but I do care that I didn't get jack for killing it !!!

I am a Merc, gun for hire. You need big ugly monster killed, well no problem.... BUT I WANT PAYMENT !!!

:)

story was stupid...

game is pretty fun...