Why developers? Why? [P.A]

Akatsuki Sw1tch

So was playing through this today & as usual was enjoying the game, Que chapter 6 flying through the air avoiding debris!! Fucking why? I didn't buy this game to move around the screen avoiding shit & repeatedly dying on what must be one of the most annoying sections i've come across in a game this year!

The reason i bought this was for the slo-mo gun play and enjoyable action not shit they hide away later in the game like the old bullshit driving sections in 1st person shooters FUCK OFF! ect

I'm pretty sure i'm not alone in the annoying fact that games companies add shit to their games that has nothing to do with the genre of game you purchased & it really grits ma shit SO FUCKING STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

What next, Dating sim's in racing games? puzzles in flight sims?

So once again yet another game joins the ranks of games that i may not even be bothered to finish as it's no longer enjoyable (Kind of like that juicy apple you spy in the shop and after purchasing you bite into it to find under the beautiful exterior is a bloody MAGGOT! that should not be there)

Personally, I like it. I think it's something to break up gameplay, so that it's not the same thing over and over and over. This, along with the driving scenes, are little tidbits they toss in so that you aren't just running through a few thugs into the next arena match.

I can see why you'd kinda be offended if you're used to the majority of the genre where developers say "Alright you're [insert well-known Shooter Hero here], here are your enemies/this is what you need to find. Now go kill some s***."

You just have to keep hold of that control stick and avoid as much shrapnel and gunfire as possible. It's doable, trust me. :D

Then come back and complain with me when you get to the last scene. I got a lil' something to discuss with the scripters and programmers there...

So you are bashing the entire game because of a 5 minute sequence that actually flows with the story... she was in a plane, and the plane blew up. It takes 5 minutes, and is actually really easy, why do so many people have a hard time with this. I died once my first time through on hard cause I didn't see the hole in the middle of the very final part. (I had a glare on my TV) every other time I have done it I haven't died, Golden Bullets, Points Count and Easy runthrough for 50k. thats 4 runs through this section with 1 death...

5 minutes out of 7-8 hours of gameplay and your crying like a little baby... This is an Action adventure 3ps I believe that is an action scene, and you still shoot people in mid air. If you thought you bought a bullet time 3ps, why are you not complaining about the QTE boss fights?

I really enjoyed that level. It was very unique and gave me the opportunity to do something I haven't had the chance to do in a game yet...fly through the rear section of a plane whilst it falls from the sky.

Wet was enjoyable from start to finish.

My only complaint was you couldn't skip several cut scenes. Other than that a lot of fun.

I agree with the OP for the most part... just not quite so emphatically.

[spoiler=1]

This game was really good, and fun to play, until I got to the silly on-rails portions. So many neat looking scenes were ruined by the context-action sequences (What ever happened to just watching a cutscene?)

The free-fall level might be different, but different isn't always good.

This game also has one of the weakest last level/boss fight endings ever. Ever. We chase this guy and his crazy spider chick around the world three times and they both die in 9 button presses during cutscenes? Really?

i started this game on hard and by the 5 lvl was wound up and ready to never play this game again i thought it was shite, i then restarted on normal and have really enjoyed the game since. ppl get to involved in points and forget the game is ment to be enjoyed, i did the debris lvl on normal on my third attempt and like i say enjoyed it no end. i play almost all games on the hardest settings but sometimes u have to bite the bullet.

Edited by Suki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So you complaining that the devs added a bit of variety to the game.

All I get from your post is you didn't like that bit as you weren't good enough to pass it quickly.

Ya no kidding. I wasn't quite sure what his point was besides the fact that he got stuck on a part because he sucked and decided to complain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont think he's complaining because the games hard I think whats pissing him off is parts like that in a game when he's not expecting it, its not hard its just boring repeating the same thing over and over. It took me about 6 attempts to get it right, this game is ok but there are a few issue's with it like the shitty camera not keeping up with what the player is doing, stupid mini cut scenes when you close 2 doors and a boss drops in as your trying to wall run, thus dropping you to the floor. Not the worst and not the best.

• 3 weeks later...