So... The Servers

Floyd.

I am one of the few without problems? Yes, some lobbies take a minute or maybe 5 to get enough people but usually I am matched with at least 8 others within 30 seconds of choosing Quick Match.

Disconnects? 0 while playing with over 1,100 kills already.

I did notice however, that when you're on the title-screen and it says "Connecting to Xbox Live", you can start a stopwatch. If it takes more than 25 seconds, your connection to their server seems bad resulting getting booted from the lobby regularly. Quit the game from the Home Screen and start it again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is the game better for anyone now? I can't find a single game even though I got a total fine connection. NAT open, everything works fine in other games. Searched 30 minutes - nothing, same as day one.

Is it possible that I only get matched with other players on my rank? I got ranked as "immortal", because of my level 50 in Happy Wars 360 or something. Also ... I can find games in the 360 version, which is totally sad.

• 4 months later...
God damnit I'm regretting it so much booting up this game one the x1. The servers are really, really awful, damn. I'm looking forward to grind the 1000 medals achievement. Fuck.

The servers are not that bad, at least not for co-op mode. They are so much better than they used to be.

Bad can be better without being good.

The servers for co-op mode have been fine for the last two months for me since I started up the rank 50 grind again. They aren't blazing fast like AAA release games, but they certainly are not bad like they used to be. They are fine. Not sure why the above poster is having issues, perhaps it is their connection. I get into co-op games within a minute every time I start a search.

The servers for co-op mode have been fine for the last two months for me since I started up the rank 50 grind again. They aren't blazing fast like AAA release games, but they certainly are not bad like they used to be. They are fine. Not sure why the above poster is having issues, perhaps it is their connection. I get into co-op games within a minute every time I start a search.

You are right, it's totally on my end. Happy Wars is well known for it's great netcode and it's just a coincidence that every other game works fine.

• 11 months later...
Wow. I'm having tons of issues trying to play games; sometimes it's 30secs, other times it's 4-5mins, then sometimes I wait and just get kicked because it can't maintain a steady connection with someone. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Necroing the thread but I've started playing the game again to get the final three achievements. Same issues almost two years on.

I keep getting an error that tells me my movement speed is being restricted due to problems with my connection. I have a 100mb wired connection plugged into my One.

Matches also seem to take a loooong time to get going, I thought the point of quick match was to just chuck you into the first available match.

Still happening on the movement speed.

1,300 Happy Tickets wtf!? Hopefully you don't get retroed in a negative way. That's incredibly awesome and a large dollar value!

I'm still getting hit by this almost two years on. They have deducted the amount I used from my 'account' so it is currently negative. Any happy tickets I earn (or buy) comes off the negative balance, still leaving me with none to use. I've submitted a ticket tonight to see what is said.

EDIT: To show the amount of time waiting, TA is showing me as having 143 hours 52 minutes in game. The in game timer for 'play time' is showing I have exactly 40 hours played. :think:

Edited by Menion Leah

• 6 months later...
EDIT: To show the amount of time waiting, TA is showing me as having 143 hours 52 minutes in game.

TA is saying how much time you've had the game from the time you unlocked your first achievement to present (or the time you unlocked your last achievement).

The in game timer for 'play time' is showing I have exactly 40 hours played. :think:

The in-game timer shows how much time you spent in actual matches (Quick Match / Co-Op / Special Match).

• 4 months later...
TA is saying how much time you've had the game from the time you unlocked your first achievement to present (or the time you unlocked your last achievement).

The in-game timer shows how much time you spent in actual matches (Quick Match / Co-Op / Special Match).

The point was, how much wasted time trying to get into matches......

Well, new achievements! They should have fixed the servers. They're still shite. Managed to get into one special game. Got kicked from the lobby in 3 quick matches so far...

The point was, how much wasted time trying to get into matches......

Well, new achievements! They should have fixed the servers. They're still shite. Managed to get into one special game. Got kicked from the lobby in 3 quick matches so far...

If you were playing before the major update got released, you'd know that matches were working much better than in the past.

Now (after the major update has dropped with new achievements) getting a Quick Match or Co-op game started seems to be the most difficult thing to do. Even if you do get into a game, all of the other players get disconnected within a minute or two anyway (which forces the game to end).

It seems like with evey major update they have issues like this.

If you were playing before the major update got released, you'd know that matches were working much better than in the past.

Now (after the major update has dropped with new achievements) getting a Quick Match or Co-op game started seems to be the most difficult thing to do. Even if you do get into a game, all of the other players get disconnected within a minute or two anyway (which forces the game to end).

It seems like with evey major update they have issues like this.

With the exception of XBA competitions every year (so GSL and SvS that I've taken part in) I've played Happy Wars a fair amount since it released on the Xbox One (182 hours, so about half what you have but only 40 hours ish since February). I've never encountered quick matches working well in the last 2 and a half years or so. I guess I must just be unlucky.

Edited by Menion Leah

With the exception of XBA competitions every year (so GSL and SvS that I've taken part in) I've played Happy Wars a fair amount since it released on the Xbox One (182 hours, so about half what you have). I've never encountered quick matches working well in the last 2 and a half years or so. I guess I must just be unlucky.

What I mean (as compared to today) is that they weren't perfect (Quick Match or Co-op), but the majority of games went well if your NAT was Open.

Supposedly... NAT shouldn't be an issue anymore they say.

Servers are more broken than ever. A lot of achievements aren't retroactive. Garbage update.

These are the only achievements that are retroactive, but there is an exception to each of them:

- It Worked! (requires completion of 1 Story Campaign if you have already completed the entire story before)

- I Feel Special (requires you to play 1 full game of Special Games if you have already met the requirement)

- Angel of Death (requires you to play 1 full game of Quick Match if you have met the requirement in the past)

- War Mastermind (requires you to play 1 full game of Quick Match if you have met the requirement in the past)

- War Veteran (requires you to play 1 full game of Quick Match if you have met the requirement in the past)

Edited by lightsup55

These are the only achievements that are retroactive, but there is an exception to each of them:

- War Mastermind (requires you to play 1 full game of Quick Match if you have met the requirement in the past)

This one didn't pop for me. It is showing as 53% completed. Checked the in game medals/challenges and I've unlocked the one for 100 quick match wins. Hopefully I'll make some progress whilst going for ambush kills and building towers.

Is there a way to check your total amount of kills, wins, towers taken, etc.? I haven't played this in ages and I'm having a hard time finding those stats.

An actual number in-game? No.

However, you can turn on the achievement tracker on Xbox One for any game or app (

). This can track 1-5 achievements (default: 3) and will give you a percentage that is displayed via an overlay, but you'll need to finish a complete match for the tracker to update for Happy Wars achievements. If you get disconnected/dropped from a match, you'll lose any progress made from that match. If you choose an achievement and select "Add to favorites", you'll see that achievement in the top of the list if the achievement tracker is turned on.

NOTE: The above information applies to Xbox One. The Xbox 360 does not have an achievement tracker and you won't be able to tell what your progress is towards any achievement on that platform for any game using the console itself.

Checking a player's medal count (applies to 13 base game achievements on Xbox One)...

You can see the medal count number while on the game lobby screen (Quick Match, Co-op, or Special Games) for any player by highlighting the player's Gamertag and pressing the View button on your Xbox One controller. This also applies to Xbox 360 as well (Back button), but there are 0 medal related achievements.

Hope that helps.

Edited by lightsup55

• 2 months later...

Haven't played for a while but jumped back on to try and grind and the last few achievements. The servers are better than they were but still have some way to go.

I attempted five matches tonight. I managed to get into four of the five matches. Of the four I got into, three of them went the distance without any disconnects. So, three out of five matches completed in 40 minutes. The matches I joined were relatively quick in my experience to match everyone up. I was averaging around 4 minutes to group up.