playing thru multiple times

NFaMuS one

all these posts about how people r frustrated w/ the fact that u have to play thru multiple times to get the weapon achievements, and i have seen so many in disbelief about how u have do it like that...

i for one am always up for a challenge, and am looking forward to playing this game multiple times, and much like all of us on this site, i will be aiming to get 1000 in this game (same with Devil May Cry 4)...anyone else agree?

*EDIT* hopefully i can get my copy today...damn gamecrazy!!!

Edited by NFaMuS one

I will be impressed by anyone who can 1K that game. You've got a long road ahead of you. I'll be happy if I can get to 800 when I have time to play it. I'm not against having to play a game a few times to get all the points, but I think NG2's replay count is on the excessive side. It took me nearly 5 playthroughs to get everything in Mass Effect, and I thought that was pushing it, even though I love that game. This is one-upping that.

Good luck, I feel that getting a 1k in NG2 or DMC4 would be one of the most impressive and satisfying accomplishments on almost any gamercard.

I will be impressed by anyone who can 1K that game. You've got a long road ahead of you. I'll be happy if I can get to 800 when I have time to play it. I'm not against having to play a game a few times to get all the points, but I think NG2's replay count is on the excessive side. It took me nearly 5 playthroughs to get everything in Mass Effect, and I thought that was pushing it, even though I love that game. This is one-upping that.

Good luck, I feel that getting a 1k in NG2 or DMC4 would be one of the most impressive and satisfying accomplishments on almost any gamercard.

5 playthroughs on mass effect is longer though surley?

NG2 is doable in 7-8 hours, so say 100 hours, 5 playthroughs in Mass Effect (fully is what 25hours each) 125hours?

5 playthroughs on mass effect is longer though surley?

NG2 is doable in 7-8 hours, so say 100 hours, 5 playthroughs in Mass Effect (fully is what 25hours each) 125hours?

Most people don't play Mass Effect fully each time though, since you can get the ally achievements in 3 playthroughs. For me, my first playthrough took 30 hours, the 2nd (and I got ally achievements) took about 15, the 3rd (on Hardcore, just basically rushing it) only took about 6, and I'm looking at one more 15 hour playthrough to finish the allied stuff and another fast one on insanity. So maybe 70 hours, plus I'll have some of the engineer achievements left. 75 maybe.

Anyway, I'll bet after one or two playthroughs of 8 hours on NG2 you could start knocking it out faster--say in 6. That's maybe 50-55 hours total for 8 playthroughs. But that's rushing it, and maybe I'm being optimistic :).