whats the so great about this game?

GrayK

ive been looking on multiple sites and most if not all are praising the game, i played the demo and looked at some trailers before it came out on demo. However i dont know whats so great about this game i think it is an average game. Now im not one of those FPS addicts (accept i do play it about 65% the time, forza 3, mirrors edge, devil may cry, assassins creed and batman AA) and i just dont see what makes this game ownable,

^ rofl

i was the same bout the game, i had played the demo and saw trailers and didnt think it was anythin special, but i got it really cheap and havnt stopped playin it for the last day. It is just really interesting, the combat is really innovative and fun, it looks fantastic and overall it is just a really good game.

Idk, if say that if your confused about whether or not gettin it, rent it first

ive been looking on multiple sites and most if not all are praising the game, i played the demo and looked at some trailers before it came out on demo. However i dont know whats so great about this game i think it is an average game. Now im not one of those FPS addicts (accept i do play it about 65% the time, forza 3, mirrors edge, devil may cry, assassins creed and batman AA) and i just dont see what makes this game ownable,

What does Forza 3 have to do with anything? lol, Bayonetta is original weapons are really fun the combo system is good as well. The camera in the game is really good, a lot better than most of these action games, and if you played DMC4 you should like Bayonetta cause its the same game genre and style. At the end of the day what ever you might read online or in a article about a game is that persons opinion and you have yours. Not to many people like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Blade and thats fine, but they all really good games. When I was playing Bayonetta I enjoyed every minute of it, because I like games similar to Bayonetta etc, and other people don't, and yeah Bayonetta has gotten a 9.5 on every website.. ;)

What does Forza 3 have to do with anything? lol, Bayonetta is original weapons are really fun the combo system is good as well. The camera in the game is really good, a lot better than most of these action games, and if you played DMC4 you should like Bayonetta cause its the same game genre and style. At the end of the day what ever you might read online or in a article about a game is that persons opinion and you have yours. Not to many people like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Blade and thats fine, but they all really good games. When I was playing Bayonetta I enjoyed every minute of it, because I like games similar to Bayonetta etc, and other people don't, and yeah Bayonetta has gotten a 9.5 on every website.. ;)

but the thing is i liked those games, dmc4 and ninja giaden, why not this one

personally i think it's a good game but I don't get all the mega reviews. it as just that, a GOOD game - nothing special. The plot is just insane, may as well not be there (though I may have just missed the point it is really confusing). As others have said, if you like DMC4 and NG2 it's a no brainer.....if not then I wouldn't get to hyped

I agree with the other posters, this game is great but takes a bit of getting in to, at first i hated it with a passion but its grown on me. The review scores however are ridiculous, how they can give 9's and even 10's to a game with such a poor storyline and plot, awful voice acting at times and more than a few terrible filler levels (highway 666 and Chapter 14). To call this game 'perfect' or even 'almost perfect' is a travesty, it IS however an incredibly solid action game worthy of a resounding 8/10 its better than DMC or NG for sure

I agree with the other posters, this game is great but takes a bit of getting in to, at first i hated it with a passion but its grown on me. The review scores however are ridiculous, how they can give 9's and even 10's to a game with such a poor storyline and plot, awful voice acting at times and more than a few terrible filler levels (highway 666 and Chapter 14). To call this game 'perfect' or even 'almost perfect' is a travesty, it IS however an incredibly solid action game worthy of a resounding 8/10 its better than DMC or NG for sure

I actually liked the storyline, though it could have been better. I think people complain about the storyline because they don't understand it (I didn't either at first until I really thought about it). I didn't notice the voice acting as particularly bad, and personally I thought the dialogue was hilarious.

Aside from that, the gameplay is SO addictive. It's always frustrating when you fight a new enemy for the first time and you need to figure out what tricks work best against it, but once you've mastered it, it's so rewarding. I liked those "filler" chapters because it wasn't just the same thing over and over--it gave the gameplay some variation (though I seem to always die multiple times on Route 666 because during a jumping sequence I always glitch through the bridge and fall off).

Plus the fact that there are so many things to unlock, I didn't think it would have that much replay value, but it does. There's also trying to beat your high scores, but I don't really care much about that. And the wide range of different weapons, techniques, and accessories gives you a lot of options on how to kill enemies and complete Alfheim challenges.

The boss fights are just right... they're exciting, especially the first time you're doing it. They're memorable but not too difficult. The achievements are also spot on as being not too easy and not too grueling (cough, DMC4). Besides that, the game looks amazing other than those occasional camera issues Gamespot's review mentions.

What's so great about this game? Everything? :)

It is easily going to be nominated for GOTY and Action GOTY, though it seems like it might develop into more of a cult classic so while I would like it to win, not sure it will (especially since a lot of other Action games are coming out this year already).

Edited by Nolwren

it gave the gameplay some variation (though I seem to always die multiple times on Route 666 because during a jumping sequence I always glitch through the bridge and fall off).

Exactly, mega glitch had me throwing a wobbler. This game has loads of bits that are messy in it. It's hardly the 10/10 it got from Edge magazine

Exactly, mega glitch had me throwing a wobbler. This game has loads of bits that are messy in it. It's hardly the 10/10 it got from Edge magazine

Yes, due to those little messy portions it's not a 10/10. But it's certainly not lower than a 9.

The other thing is that people who've only played the demo (which as usual does not do the game justice) claim that you can get by in this game by simply button mashing mindlessly. Maybe that can work in Normal mode, but try button mashing against Gracious and Glorious in Hard mode--they'll take out all your health in 2 combos. Also, the Alfheim challenges--you can't just use ANY strategy to beat them, you have actually put some thought into that.

Just wanted to clarify that people who say "it takes no skill to play this game" obviously haven't played the game enough to form a thorough opinion of it.