If Seriously 4.0, Then R.I.P Gears: Judgment

Convas

Everyone who has played Gears of War 3 has at least heard of S3.0. It is without a doubt, the single biggest achievement time sink I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of try to complete.

Bigger than Auf Wiedersen Petrovic and Wanted from GTAIV and Beans Bullets Bandages and I Am Bad Company from Bad Company COMBINED. (Yes, I've 100%-ed both GTAIV and the original Bad Company)

Now, we hear of this new gears game, and it will be my second gears game of the generation, so I'm excited for it. However, my purchase (say whatever you want about me), will be heavily based on whether they attempt yet another Seriously to keep us chained to our consoles and the game over long periods of time.

What say ye?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that difficult just time consuming. I 100% Gears 1 the only thing that was nerve wreaking was the fact that the kills were multiplayer only so when it popped it was a surprise within itself. Gears 2 was kills only also but campaign counted so if u found the chapter that fit u best (in which it was either act 2 or the final act) then u got it. Gears 3 only issue is the onyx medals. It's time consuming as hell. I dont have the time anymore to shoot for crap like that so i just play to play. I'm one of the biggest gears fans so only thing i could say is if they do another seriously (which they prob will) it'll just prevent me and other people not to get seriously 3.0

If there's any one thing that will never influence my decision to buy a game, it's achievements. I find it incredibly shallow to willingly miss out on a great game and experience because one or two achievements might blemish your gamertag unless they're unlocked (talking in general, not specifically about Judgement).

So bring on another Seriously, it won't have any impact on my decision to get Judgement.

Edited by Veedrock

Ask the people that have gotten S3.0 if they will ever attempt something as retarded as that again?

I've never gotten any of the seriously achievements as I always thought they were stupid, but after S3.0 I actually feel like I can go back and get S1 and S2. That being said I will never go after S3.0 or any other achievement that makes a game feel like work.

I disagree with the idea that it isn't difficult, just time consuming. Yeah, it is time consuming and actually being willling to waste your time is what is difficult.

Tbh, if it don't have a seriously 4 then its not gonna be a gears game, getting seriously in gears is what makes it so fun caus eafter you got them its a massive relief, but yet you know you have achived something which most people try and fail. So far ive completed Gears 1 & 2, just working on Gears 3 90% on way to getting Serious 3. if any one wants a dialy gears player add me up II Dayez II

I am a Gears fan, and I have alot of friends who are too, so most likely I will be pre-ordering this regarless of Seriously4.0. The only way I wouldnt get this is if it looks like utter shit and most of my friends said they were not going to get it. I have 2.0, im 19 onyx away from 3.0, and god willing I will have 4.0 as well.

If there's any one thing that will never influence my decision to buy a game, it's achievements. I find it incredibly shallow to willingly miss out on a great game and experience because one or two achievements might blemish your gamertag unless they're unlocked (talking in general, not specifically about Judgement).

So bring on another Seriously, it won't have any impact on my decision to get Judgement.

I share this opinion.

Always those threads with "Seriously 3.0 ruined Gears" and what not. I'm not a fan of Seriously 3.0 either, though I found the first two Seriously achievements to be reasonable.

I'm gonna pre-order Judgment Epic Edition or whatever edition is the best, but I may not play it (may sell it on eBay). If the Seriously 4.0 or 0.5 (as skatermike21988 pointed out) is similar to Seriously 3.0, I, for sure, will not play it. I got so burnt out from Gears 3 that I stoppped playing 360 for a full week, and "seriously" considered selling my 360 with all 50 games.

I do play Gears 3 here and there, an hour at a time to help out friends.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqw-HgyqcSQ&feature=g-upl]Onyx Update - Achievement Unlocked - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Redemption Mode

Wouldn't bother me too much, since I know I'll never be able to achieve those numbers due to being a really bad player of the game when online.

It's fun for the challenge. It also encourages the person to continue playing the game, thus making the game relevant 6+ months after release.

Pretty much what Buzz said. I get what I can in a game and to hell with the rest.

Everyone who has played Gears of War 3 has at least heard of S3.0. It is without a doubt, the single biggest achievement time sink I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of try to complete.

Bigger than Auf Wiedersen Petrovic and Wanted from GTAIV and Beans Bullets Bandages and I Am Bad Company from Bad Company COMBINED. (Yes, I've 100%-ed both GTAIV and the original Bad Company)

Now, we hear of this new gears game, and it will be my second gears game of the generation, so I'm excited for it. However, my purchase (say whatever you want about me), will be heavily based on whether they attempt yet another Seriously to keep us chained to our consoles and the game over long periods of time.

What say ye?

3.0 is not that bad gave me something to do you just need to boost with the right ppl for it to be fun. and if you dont buy the game just because of an achievement you need to get a life......games are for fun. i only get achievements because some games it takes 6 hours to beat then u stop playin if you also get the achievements it adds 20 hours or more to the games gameplay time. but that for me and thats how i view it. Edited by PSYCOPAPPY5

Wouldn't bother me too much, since I know I'll never be able to achieve those numbers due to being a really bad player of the game when online.

It's fun for the challenge. It also encourages the person to continue playing the game, thus making the game relevant 6+ months after release.

This...though those seriously achievements are keeping my completion ratio down I still am looking forward to it, regardless of S4 will appear or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Complete all achievements in the game including upcoming downloadable content and earn 150,000 ranked multiplayer kills.

Would cause too many problems if you HAD to buy DLC in order to get a cheevo. :confused: Think about it.

What if I rent Gears J, and don't like it enough to buy whatever Epic decides to make for it during one of their lunch breaks? :)

(I'm totally okay with a high amount of MP kills though! :D)

Seriously has definitely ruined Gears 3 experience, no doubt about it some of my friends have been playing it for 6+ months and haven't got it. It's tad boring and repetitive and as one fellow said here makes it more like work rather then fun

There is nothing wrong with Long achievements although I despise them but they should be fun rather then super annoying e.g some of the onyx medals are just a grind fest and provide no fun at all.

I will prefer something like a few kills online and few in every mp type and time spent in every mp type and complete the game multiple times in co-op and some active reloads and that's just it + there can be play mp for this much hours

Something like this will keep the mp alive and won't restrict us or force us to do stupid stuff

Gears series is my most fav exclusive on Xbox so I'll definitely pick it although I'm al little curious about SP campaign and co-op in it as it hasn't been confirmed and they have showed nothing and my major attraction in Gears series is SP and Team Death Matches :)

P.S = I wanna see some happy moments b/w all carmine brother (passable) and Maria and Dom (please make it happen)

I will be happy simply renting the next gears game or borrowing it from a friend so I can play through the campaign. I like Gears 3 but I think by the time I tackle this seriously 3.0 beast of an achievement I will be burnt out on the series.

Not to mention since I've been so obsessed trying to wrap this up I've had a mountain of games piling up that I haven't even touched yet. Damn steam summer sale and all their god damn awesome sales. I'M ONLY HUMAN DAMNIT!!!

Also, I'm sure this has been said about a million times already but FUCK WINGMAN!!! Seriously, that was just pure laziness to just make every game mode 3000. They really should have taken the time to balance some of these medals out. I think 1000 for wingman would have been plenty. Plenty for all of the modes actually. Seems a lot more reasonable in my opinion.