Onyx Medals Guide and Discussion

Nikke84

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have 2000 CTL, 3000 execution and 2000 king of the hill matches. I have 1000 skunks right now, if I set all of these gametypes to two rounds and put a second controller on the other team will I have skunker when im finished?

Yeah, but like 20% of the time.

I'm missing only 1000 TDM matches, for skunker I'll leave it boosting in warzone all Boomers and a second controller so it's 4vs4.

hey guys i expect this has been asked but this thread is rather large and a search was epic

i got

29 Onyx

11 gold

14 silver

8 bronze

oh my lord still away to go!!

this totals up to 62 medals

but i dint think the top frist five medals count as onyx

so where is the other two to make 64 onyx??

:uzi::uzi::uzi:

10 rows each with 7 medals on = 70 the first 5 medals in the first row aren't onyx 70 - 5 = 65 the amount you need for the achievement. You must be miss counting:)

whats the quickest way for skunker ????

got 2 boxes - currently workin towards @ KOH for the skunkers , got only like 9 -10 per hour !

If you want to idle boost it it's pretty hit and miss. I did execution with a controller on both teams with boomshots but out of like 100 matches i only got about 20 skunkers.

The quickest way i've found is to set it up so that player 2 sets up the game of execution or warzone with boomshots and friendly fire on with casual bots and 2 rounds. Make sure your main profile is on a different team to player 2 and choose academy.

Using player 2 take out your gnasher and kill your team mates and then kill yourself using the boomshot. Once the two rounds are over quite back to main menu and repeat with the same map. Each round should take between 17-30 seconds depending on how good your aim is.

The reason for going back to the main menu and choosing the same map is that i found this to be slightly quicker than waiting the 30 seconds after the match has finished and then the 20 seconds before the next match starts.

whats the quickest way for skunker ????

got 2 boxes - currently workin towards @ KOH for the skunkers , got only like 9 -10 per hour !

2 boxes. Koth 2rounds , your profile with 4 insane bits vs 3 profiles and 2 bots. You will get Skinner every round. Can't remember how many matches a round but its very quick. A friend helped me with this and it only took a couple days. No weapon pick ups. If its the same as your setup, I don't know what else is quicker.

Are you using 2 controllers? If so thats alot less than you should be getting. I get 50+ in 8 hours.

Yeah two controllers, what settings are you using?

EDIT: Read this off epic forums

Execution

2 rounds

1 minute rounds

Hardcore Full bots

Grenades + Pistols -> Digger

All other weapons -> Boomshot

Classic Stalemates -> On

Idle boost if your going towards Seriously 3.0 and need gametypes.

When I boosted my last 1600 Execution's I got about 700 of them.

Sure it's slower, but hey if you need the gametypes do it.

Set it to 2 rounds if you're going to boost gametypes as you will get it about 25% of the time anyways.

Not to sure about these settings, what do you guys think? Going to do a test tonight currently 1479 skunks, will post back tomorrow.

Edited by SR x FUZiON

Yeah two controllers, what settings are you using?

EDIT: Read this off epic forums

Not to sure about these settings, what do you guys think? Going to do a test tonight currently 1479 skunks, will post back tomorrow.

Those settings look a little off to me. These are my settings.

Execution

2 rounds

1 minute

Insane full bots

All boomshots

Classic stalemates OFF

1 controller on each team

Guess you could try both and see what works best.

Execution

2 rounds

1 minute

Insane full bots

All boomshots

Classic stalemates OFF

Thanks for the settings, will use these for last 1000 skunkers.

Anyone know a quicker way to idle boost CTL matches? The bot is a bit of an idiot and as he's always the leader (i have 2 pads with bot on my team) maybe coz he's the leader the bot is a bit cautious, spends most of his time firing from across the map! Most games seem to time out after 20 mins ...

Anyone know a quicker way to idle boost CTL matches? The bot is a bit of an idiot and as he's always the leader (i have 2 pads with bot on my team) maybe coz he's the leader the bot is a bit cautious, spends most of his time firing from across the map! Most games seem to time out after 20 mins ...

do the leader glitch and let it idle, you'll onyx Leader and Sovereign twice before you get your 3000 matches done

What leader glitch?

Sign in a second/dummy profile. Back out to the title screen of game. Start the game with your second profile. Now when you start CTL your dummy profile will be leader for the first match, but every match after that your main (still signed in) profile will be leader. Yep, that's all there is to it.

HTH :)

Ugh, sorry, forgot to mention put both on the same team, of course.

Edited by TheGreyMan

Couple of things regarding stuff talked about recently...

I've found Hardcore bots are definitely the way to versus Insane bots. Insane bots always seem to want to do fancy rolling moves instead of going for the objective or kill, whereas Hardcore bots just run straight for it. It's all your mileage may vary of course, but I definitely noticed this when idle boosting.

For CTL (and KOTH) idle boosting I've been doing myself vs two Hardcore bots. Sure I lose every match, but since I already have the Winner Onyx medal I could care less.

Execution

2 rounds

1 minute

Insane full bots

All boomshots

Classic stalemates OFF

What about getting skunkers with CTL?

CTL

2 rounds

2 minutes

Insane full bots

No weapons?

1 Controller on each team?

Or is there better settings?