If Seriously 4.0, Then R.I.P Gears: Judgment

Convas

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone who has played Gears of War 3 has at least heard of S3.0. It is without a doubt, the single biggest achievement time sink I've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of try to complete.

Bigger than Auf Wiedersen Petrovic and Wanted from GTAIV and Beans Bullets Bandages and I Am Bad Company from Bad Company COMBINED. (Yes, I've 100%-ed both GTAIV and the original Bad Company)

Now, we hear of this new gears game, and it will be my second gears game of the generation, so I'm excited for it. However, my purchase (say whatever you want about me), will be heavily based on whether they attempt yet another Seriously to keep us chained to our consoles and the game over long periods of time.

What say ye?

Auf was only about 20 to 30 hours including trying to find your boosting buddy (did mine with a 2nd xbox) and Wanted was about 50 hours of letting your xbox run while you were away, not as bad as either Wingman nor TDM Onyx in Gears 3. I thought even Gears 2 (I did Guardian Boosting back at the end of 2009) was worse than GTA IV.

If there's any one thing that will never influence my decision to buy a game, it's achievements. I find it incredibly shallow to willingly miss out on a great game and experience because one or two achievements might blemish your gamertag unless they're unlocked (talking in general, not specifically about Judgement).

So bring on another Seriously, it won't have any impact on my decision to get Judgement.

what makes me rethink buying the game is that they said gears3 was the last one . that pisses me off and nobody correct me saying it was the last one on that timeline because thats B.S

what makes me rethink buying the game is that they said gears3 was the last one . that pisses me off and nobody correct me saying it was the last one on that timeline because thats B.S

When did they say that? I read an interview with cliff before gears 3 came out the interviewer said :You've said this is the end of the trilogy...

cliff's response: Which everyone heard as the last Gears game ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Welps, latest gameplay has medal counters. Now I'm not going to apesh*t and say, OH SNAP SURRIOUZLY 4.0!!11!1!!! ... but I have a bad feeling about it.

I would genuinely shocked if Epic/PCF literally rehashed Seriously 3.0 and renamed it Seriously 4.0.

No offense, but you're an absolute retard if you aren't expecting a "Seriously" achievement, and it's even worse if you won't play the game because of it. Every Gears game has had an achievement like that, you think they're going to stop just because a few people complain?

No offense, but you're an absolute retard if you aren't expecting a "Seriously" achievement, and it's even worse if you won't play the game because of it. Every Gears game has had an achievement like that, you think they're going to stop just because a few people complain?

^

As harsh as it sounds guys, it's the truth.

You really gotta take in mind that it's an extremely small minority to Epic/PCF, that complain about the Seriously cheevos. (I mean for all you know, THEY WILL just copy and paste Seriously 3.0... and it would be justified to them.) :woop:

I don't have a problem having a perma 1900 on Gears 3, or never having gotten Seriously.../A Series of Tubes in the original, but that's just me. I don't care that much about the cheevos, I care about the gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with S. 4.0 is that with every new Seriously achievement, Epic makes it harder, and with S. 3.0 taking well over 1500 hours according to some players that have gotten it, they will try and out-do S. 3.0 and make the next one even harder. Anyway, the reason I might not buy it is depending on Retro/Sos issue and the reset gltich

Wow i made this huge post but the board screw me over and unlogged me... THANKS A LOT...

So ill condense it into one phrase. I did seriously 3.0 and it was the most boring and crappy time consuming energy wasting achievements i ever did, and no way im gonna do that again unless they downgrade it(especially game played) and allow kills to count in ALL MODES for guns and such.

Edit : No but really i expect a seriously again, hell i even loved seriously in the first game, second game was also "ok" even if you count lev 100 as part of it cause you only had to play the game and have fun. Seriously 3.0 was a work... it was atrocious to do, and not a single human could get it by simply PLAYING the game online. You HAD to grind private games... and idle boost, wich suck ass.

I never really go for the seriously 3.0 or 2.0 because it is a lot of grinding for an achievement. I mean I just like to have fun and try out different games not stay stuck on one game forever. I mean Gears of War 2 I might try and 1k because I have a lot of those achievements already, but I have so much that I want to get through, that I am not sure that I want to spend anymore time getting this achievement.

That being said I am a huge Gears of War fan, so I am excited for Judgement.

I was never a "change games a lot" guy, i actually finish conan yesterday(when i say finish i mean the story, not achievements as i dont care for them on that particular game) and it was the first "small games solo" i did in a very long time... I had done more in the past but what i like is play MP on big games(GOW, COD and such) or play a VERY deep and enchanting game like Skyrim... I don't care anymore much about those small games that you buy for 10 bucks or less... Ill do those i have already(was the case with conan) but i won't buy there anymore exep if they look REALLY awesome.

So i love playing GOW, but even for a guy like me that played a ton of GOW, the achievement was not obtainable without boosting, wich sucks. It forced us to play shitty modes we don't like(wingman crap) or modes i would had play ocasionally but thats it(beast and hordes) and use guns and stuff that we where bound to use just a little(mulcher, mortar etc)

Seriously was 65 achievements hiding under one, wich is cheating the system to me and just a way to screw players. Seriously should always had remain like GOW1 but improve eventually in term of modes and such. Like GOW1 was 10 000 rank kills, GOW2 could had been 25 000 all modes, GOW3 could had been original but not over the top, like play XX hours of GOW3, this way you play what you want and have fun...

I think just to annoy you, they should make Seriously 5.0, which requires you to get Seriously 1-'4' and then every achievement in Gears 1, 2, 3 and Unreal Tournament 3.

Only because it makes as much sense as wanting to boycott a game because of it's achievements.

Don't know if you are talking to me or the OP, but personally im not planning on boycotting the game or whatever, but i sure will say how pissed off and how i feel epic keep butt f*cking there fans if they do make something that bad again. For a compagny that suposely listen to there fan.. there probably 1 fan on 1000 that actually was for seriously 3.0.

And like i already said, im FOR long achievements that require dedicating yourself to a game, as long as its reasonable and obtainable playing the damn game. Skyrim is a multiple hundreds of hours game and they actually understood how to make a good and fair achievement list. Its long, not done in a couple hours, but if you like the game and play it a long time, you will get all of them. Oblivion Walker is a bit annoying but i would take 5 like that before a seriously 3.0...

Too me seriously feels pretty much like saying to your friend ill give you 20 bucks if you east a spoon of tobasco... then he goes and do it, then i say ill give you 50 bucks for a cup or outdated milk... he does it, then i say ok 100 bucks if you eat a cup of piss... (seriously 3.0) and he still does it... what can you come up next, you go even over the top and says "500$ if you eat that pile of shit" just to see how far he will go... Seem to me like epic are probably just asking themselves how stupid and no lifes there fan actually are. Eventually we will end up with a "play 10 000 hours of GOW, kill 1 million ennemies and play 3 days straigh without any interuption" if it continue like that.

EDIT : I got my gold wing a long time ago, most of my friends are either red or blue, and some are even green... but if they keep playing, they will eventually get it, and everything count toward that. THAT WOULD HAD BEEN A FAIR SERIOUSLY ACHIEVEMENTS, but no those idiots at epic put the max lev so low at first it took like 1 month to get it for a guy that played a lot... see how disbalanced that was... you where max lev and yet seriously was a mile away from unlocking. Even when i got my gold wings (by playing the game) i still had a lot of stuff to do for seriously...

Leveling to max would had been the perfect seriously, just make it a little longer from the get go

Edited by Destro

• 2 months later...