The Complete Event Calendar

Spun77xLucky Stricke

Not even an update through Pete Nubbs twitter. Just alot of talk of Eurogamer event that went on during the 2nd week of no new event for us players hungry for the event ribbon. Seems anybody posting anything bad about the event system on the EPIC forums is getting banned & comments removed. Guess its a game of wait and see which Im not enjoying :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even an update through Pete Nubbs twitter. Just alot of talk of Eurogamer event that went on during the 2nd week of no new event for us players hungry for the event ribbon. Seems anybody posting anything bad about the event system on the EPIC forums is getting banned & comments removed. Guess its a game of wait and see which Im not enjoying :(

I wonder if we could try reporting them to the BBB for shits and giggles. heheh

Is there anything up today?

Doubtful. Isn't there still a bullshit Horde event active too? This game is so broken. They make those Horde events in a way that makes it impossible to play regular Horde even in a private match. Yet another example of Epic's completely insane programming. Epic fails at every turn.

Oh man this sucks so fucking hard, one would at least expect that after they have just completely ignored us for a week, that the least they could do is get the next event up on time. It's Wednesday now and I still don't see a new event! WHAT THE FUCK! The next event that SHOULD be up is on Friday!!! Which means that a new event is something we can forget because they're not going to have a new event up for just 2 days before having to do another one? So we're fucked again? I posted on the Epic forums with a NEW account asking about this stuff and again I said Epic was lazy and that I didn't believe Pete Nub was the only one on their whole company who can fix these events, especially since Horde went back to normal and the 3x XP is gone. Guess what, after 10 minutes the thread was up I got perm banned AGAIN and my thread got deleted. Epic mods are a bunch of forum-nazis if you ask me, "freedom of speech" only applies until you don't agree with them. If Epic just did what they promised us, I would've been done with this game for almost a week now, but instead I have to wait at least until next week (unless Pete Nub decides he deserves another trip to some stupid gaming event promoting their next shitty game).

Oh man this sucks so fucking hard, one would at least expect that after they have just completely ignored us for a week, that the least they could do is get the next event up on time. It's Wednesday now and I still don't see a new event! WHAT THE FUCK! The next event that SHOULD be up is on Friday!!! Which means that a new event is something we can forget because they're not going to have a new event up for just 2 days before having to do another one? So we're fucked again? I posted on the Epic forums with a NEW account asking about this stuff and again I said Epic was lazy and that I didn't believe Pete Nub was the only one on their whole company who can fix these events, especially since Horde went back to normal and the 3x XP is gone. Guess what, after 10 minutes the thread was up I got perm banned AGAIN and my thread got deleted. Epic mods are a bunch of forum-nazis if you ask me, "freedom of speech" only applies until you don't agree with them. If Epic just did what they promised us, I would've been done with this game for almost a week now, but instead I have to wait at least until next week (unless Pete Nub decides he deserves another trip to some stupid gaming event promoting their next shitty game).

Well, we can keep spamming the forum until they ban every IP range in existence and die, or we can find another avenue of attack. Find an actual email address and post it here, TA, etc. Get everyone to email these assholes and petition for a fix. Spam their Facebook or something. Think of something besides getting fucked over by the forum nazis. Anything posted disappears too fast to make any difference. I'm half tempted to buy a ticket to E3 next year just to corner PeteNub and scream at him.

Edited by Viper187

What they should do is get the people who run the Epic forums to be in charge of the new events. Imagine how quick the events would be updated that way, since they can ban EVERY SINGLE negative post about their masters within minutes of it being posted.

Seriously, post something negative about Gears at 4 in the morning or 7 at night, whenever. It'll be gone almost instantly.

May come as bad news to all players needing this achievement. I posted several times on EPIC forums about new events to have them deleted. Tweeted Petenub multiple times to have all comments removed. Its safe to say events will no longer be supported. All petes tweeting is no cable and how hes wasted hours waiting for a repair. Seriously pete, nothing beats time wasting waiting for events. They may hold new events but the fact comments related to events are being removed dont look good. They may not have said it but we players know the truth

Edited by Project Noveria

May come as bad news to all players needing this achievement. I posted several times on EPIC forums about new events to have them deleted. Tweeted Petenub multiple times to have all comments removed. Its safe to say events will no longer be supported. All petes tweeting is no cable and how hes wasted hours waiting for a repair. Seriously pete, nothing beats time wasting waiting for events. They may hold new events but the fact comments related to events are being removed dont look good. They may not have said it but we players know the truth

if they stop supporting their achievements, making socialite and S3 unattainable i will not buy anything to support epic at all. can you imagine being stuck at 29/30 events forever after finishing all the other requirements for S3.0? its a nightmare for any completionist.

Edited by Divine Infekt

if they stop supporting their achievements, making socialite and S3 unattainable i will not buy anything to support epic at all. can you imagine being stuck at 29/30 events forever after finishing all the other requirements for S3.0? its a nightmare for any completionist.

I really think that x360a and TA should condone save modification for special situations like this. If the fuckers won't support their own shit, why should we care about completing it the right way? It was glitched for a while anyway, and it's not like waiting for the right ribbon is some huge accomplishment.

What they should do is get the people who run the Epic forums to be in charge of the new events. Imagine how quick the events would be updated that way, since they can ban EVERY SINGLE negative post about their masters within minutes of it being posted.

Seriously, post something negative about Gears at 4 in the morning or 7 at night, whenever. It'll be gone almost instantly.

This is the most rational statement on how to run this achievement ever. Upvoted to infinity.

I was only 3 ribbons away from Socialite. Then the realization dawned that the repeated events don't grant ribbons. I was already incredibly bored with Gears 3 at this point. It was disheartening.

The thought of playing every single weekend, even one MP match or round of horde, to maybe possibly hopefully get those last three ribbons became so distasteful to me I have since given up caring and wished I'd glitched it early on like so many others. Why I haven't traded the game in yet is beyond me.

I'd have to agree with Trish, the forum mods should be in control of the events too. Keep everything up to date. DICE is supporting BF3 well into 2013. Epic has been reckless and careless in supporting their own flagship series. They should be embarrassed.

Well, I've taken a beautifully long break (Almost 3 months!) from Gears of War 3 after getting Foreshading and I've Got This and Socialite and my Wingman Onyx.

Coming back to hear that the events situation not only hasn't improved but worsened is deeply disappointing, and already, I'm wondering if I should trust Epic Games enough to get Judgment.

Sounds like poor community relations coupled with an archaic event system (We're never going to see private Guardian) can only get worse with time (and another release) especially with niggas (Cliffy, Rod) jumping ship and the poor attitudes of the mods and folk over at leadership positions at Epic Games.

Good luck folks, I too had to wait 6+ weeks stuck on 29/30, but I finished that infernal waiting game since June 28th. Hope you all get some answers and hopefully ribbons soon!

Well, I've taken a beautifully long break (Almost 3 months!) from Gears of War 3 after getting Foreshading and I've Got This and Socialite and my Wingman Onyx.

Coming back to hear that the events situation not only hasn't improved but worsened is deeply disappointing, and already, I'm wondering if I should trust Epic Games enough to get Judgment.

Sounds like poor community relations coupled with an archaic event system (We're never going to see private Guardian) can only get worse with time (and another release) especially with niggas (Cliffy, Rod) jumping ship and the poor attitudes of the mods and folk over at leadership positions at Epic Games.

Good luck folks, I too had to wait 6+ weeks stuck on 29/30, but I finished that infernal waiting game since June 28th. Hope you all get some answers and hopefully ribbons soon!

I think anyone who still insists on getting Judgement should do us all the courtesy of NOT pre-ordering. Show them we're not in any hurry to get their next pile of shit.

I think anyone who still insists on getting Judgement should do us all the courtesy of NOT pre-ordering. Show them we're not in any hurry to get their next pile of shit.

The problem I have is that they are great games, it's just things like this which bother me. Stupid events :\