The Complete Event Calendar

Spun77xLucky Stricke

The event Boooooom Snipes is still going, but Epic updated the ribbon today!! Two "Judgment!" ribbons in two weeks for me... I'm excited! :Bounce:

Hopefully they will update the ribbons every week from now on.

Thank you to everyone who pointed this out. I would have missed this ribbon if you guys/girls hadn't pointed this one out. So much for waiting till the events change not that I'm complaining about a new event ribbon coming out so soon :woop:.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What epic did for the war supporter medal they should do for the onxy medals now. Put everyone at 64 to get seriously 3.0. After all seriously 3.0 takes way longer to get even though it is frustrating trying to get those ribbons for war supporter. Im still at 29! Hopefully there will be a new event this friday. Does anyone think that would be a great idea?

What epic did for the war supporter medal they should do for the onxy medals now. Put everyone at 64 to get seriously 3.0. After all seriously 3.0 takes way longer to get even though it is frustrating trying to get those ribbons for war supporter. Im still at 29! Hopefully there will be a new event this friday. Does anyone think that would be a great idea?

Think about that for a second..... someone spends 1,000 - 1,200 -1,500 or even 2000 hours on something, and then all of a sudden someone else can get it in only a few hrs.It would be one of the BIGGEST blunders in gaming period!! To make a mockery of the HELL that we went through to get it (im a few stomps and a wing away), would be like pissing on the esence of Gears.What a truely horrid thing to even consider.

Just thinking about how long the hammy took to onyx...(shudders).Thats just 1 of 65...there are 64 others whose pain is just as great.Embry is the ONLY star I use as a badge...the 3.0 one could have been done when btte was in its 3rd week.lol, 30 min from 3.0, yet I hesitate.. go figure.

Think about that for a second..... someone spends 1,000 - 1,200 -1,500 or even 2000 hours on something, and then all of a sudden someone else can get it in only a few hrs.It would be one of the BIGGEST blunders in gaming period!! To make a mockery of the HELL that we went through to get it (im a few stomps and a wing away), would be like pissing on the esence of Gears.What a truely horrid thing to even consider.

And yet, they did the same with the xp events in Gears 2 in hopes that more players would get their wings. Granted, it still took a loooooong time, but not as long as those who did it without xp multipliers.

Okay the weirdest thing happened today so the last time I played was last week and I still had 26/30 and then I put the game to check if a new ribbon would be up. I then pop the game in and when it loaded up I got a message popup saying I now have 29/30! so I played one game after now I finally got 30/30. Socialite achievement unlocked after months and months of trying. So guys check and play the game and who knows you might have the achievement already unlocked. :)

No must have glitched for you.

Actually scratch that looks like everyone and even those who hadn't played the game when booted the game got 29/30. I seem to have missed the tweet by Peter Knepley aka @PeteNub "A cool guy sent me a 2 page handwritten letter about War Supporter so I've given everyone a minimum of 29 to catch up." Well so much for people who were playing every week to get a new ribbon so for everyone basically this achievement is a freebie now.

Just thinking about how long the hammy took to onyx...(shudders).Thats just 1 of 65...there are 64 others whose pain is just as great.Embry is the ONLY star I use as a badge...the 3.0 one could have been done when btte was in its 3rd week.lol, 30 min from 3.0, yet I hesitate.. go figure.

I can understand what you say, but they already did it with Gears 2 with the countless XP events so everyone could get their achievement, and now they've done it again with the War Supporter medal just so they can make a few people happy again so they can fill their pockets with money from new Judgement pre-orders (just like they did with Gears 2.) so while I doubt they will do something drastic about S 3.0 (since they haven't done anything to make any Seriously-achievements easier to get, except for this new free 29/30 bullshit) I also think they will do something after Judgement is out.

Also, you said it wouldn't be fair to players who've played 1000+ hours for S 3.0, but (and I know it's not exactly the same thing) what about players that have gone through at least 7.5 months of torture to get Socialite just to find out Epic gives it away for free? Personally I've spend 9 months and the last 2 months have made my blood boil every week ONLY so I can find out I could've just taken it easy instead and waiting for Epic to make newbs happy? Here's an idea, there would be NO BITCHING from players if they just made new event ribbons every week and just updated the event every week, but instead they take the easy way out and I see this as an excuse to get off the hook easily. I for one am pissed, I finally got my medal and achievement and now I see Onyx War Supporter medals EVERYWHERE! I guess I'll change it back to the onyx MVP medal then... This is a slap in the face much like those xp events were a slap in the face of Gears 2 players who already got their wings. Thanks Epic. Really, how about I write you a 5 page handwritten letter stating how pissed I am about various things, let's see if they can change some shit then? This whole thing is utterly Embarrassing and Epic shows their true colors when there's some new money to be earned.

How can ya'll be fricking angry about this? Have you no pity for the poor bastards who are just now or will soon come in trying to get Seriously 3.0 and have to go through the hell of trying to get the WarSup. Onyx?

And who the HELL cares about a WarSup. Onyx, and why would seeing them all over make you mad? If you were seeing a bunch of Embry stars or Wingman Onyx, I could understand if they were truly hard or time consuming onyxes popping up suddenly, but this is like a mercy killing for Epic.

You're batshit nuts if you think this is a bad thing.

yeah when are they updating the damn playlist wtf its still boom and snipes all they have to do is make one more NEW event and they wont have to worry about it again! Also if anyone wants to play horde on insane let me know i deleted all my dlc and i want to see if it works so i can get the medal

War Supporter, check.

So I had played the Boom Snipes event twice (one in Halloween, one after that), and got the two corresponding ribbons. Then the next couple of days all ribbons were updated to 29/30 for everyone. And yesterday I played Boom Snipes once again, and the achievement popped. It would be my third Boom Snipes ribbon.

I could confirm the event has changed, but apparently it's not working for everyone...