Happy Wars Update

DMV

Just to let everyone know of the recent update that has been initiated today

Matchmaking

> Method for determining a host during host migration (and matchmaking) that can connect to everyone has improved

> Matchmaking systems have been adjusted to create more balanced teams

> Matchmaking using Tags has been removed

> In-game lag is now less frequent, making matchmaking much faster

> When a game has been interrupted due to a network error, the count for Happy Tickets and Stars on hand will be reverted to the count at the start of the game. For intentional withdrawls from matches or exits, whatever has been consumed will be reflected. Players no longer penalized for aborting games due to a network error.

> The minimum number of players required for multiplayer sessions are as follows:

* Quick Match: 10

* Co-op: 4

* Player Match: 2

* Special Challenge: 12

Gameplay

> Fixed a bug where a lightning shot would pass through to the other side of the castle gate

> AI characters can now use combos with normal attacks all the way to the end of a game

> Revised the reward items for campaigns 4-2 (War of the Worlds!) and 6-2 (Final Battle!)

Menus / User Interface

> Display version information in lower right corner of the controls explanation screen in Help & Options

> Fixed bug where the Result screen would be displayed even though the game has not been played (caused by an error during loading a new game)

> When a player is dead, he/she can now view the name and image of the character who killed him/her. The deceased player can also view the equipment of the killer character on the same screen

> Sorting Item Level-Up and Item Modification by class has been implemented (premium items are given priority on the screen)

> Amount of Happy Stars is now displayed on the Item Equip screen

> A signboard has been added to the play menu. The play menu signboard shows the number of Happy Tickets and Happy Stars the player owns

Team Skill / Skills

> Fixed the “Join Team Skill” text being displayed in the empty area after the skill was cancelled

> Team Skill cancelling is now done by pressing B

> Fixed issue of multiple players taking the same Team Skill spot

> Fixed issue that “Transport” could be cancelled by using the Y button

> Fixed the issue that enemy characters could get damaged from the “Lightning Arrows” skills that was activated from the opposite side of the castle gate

> Scores awarded from activating a team skills has been lowered slightly

> Fixed issues where a team skill would not launch correctly during participation

> Prevention of entering Snowman state when being lifted by a Tornado

> Prevention of turning into a Flower state by Happy Miracle when being lifted by a Tornado

> Fixed issue of damage being incurred by an ice shot on the other side of a castle wall

Items/ Happy Cards and Stars

> 3 new Happy Ticket types have been added

> 13 new buffs have been added

> The number of Happy Ticket bundles has increased from 3 to 6

> New buffs have been added

> It is now possible to exchange unwanted items for Happy Stars at the Item Equipment screen

> When running out of space in the inventory, a message will appear letting the player know as well as not allowing the player to obtain more items from the Shop, Spinner, and Cards until space has been made in their inventory

Campaign

> Difficulty of 4-2 (War of the Worlds), 5-2 (Stop the Zombies!) and 6-2 (Final Battle!) has been lowered

General Tweaks and Additions

> Character now perform dance motions while idle. Dance motions are only applied to characters who are equipped with items who have buffs

> Users who exited and re-started Happy Wars due to matchmaking delay or any other error may have been penalized in League Points. This has been resolved.

> Treasure Map has been added. Access to a Treasure Map screen has been added to the Main Menu, allowing players to receive Happy Stars or an item once a day. The player can receive a premium item on the 7th and 14th days and a super premium item on the 21st day. On any other day, the player can receive Happy Stars. The progression is reset at the first of each month.

> Friend Bonus has been added. Playing the multiplayer mode with friends increases the Happy Star amount on the result screen based on the number of friends

> Spawn Stronger no longer has a time limit. The effects now last until the end of the game

>The Item Equipment screen now shows the total number of items owned by the player and the maximum number the player can hold

> Friendly AI characters now equip different items depending on the strength of the enemy team

> 2 new in-game music tracks have been added

> 3 new in-game sound effects have been added

> Experience earned is now shown after the player reaches level 5

> Respawning by selecting Respawn from the in-game Pause menu now takes the same amount of time, every time

Special Challenge Mode Added

A special challenge Co-Op mode that has two difficulty types: Easy Mode, in which anyone can participate and Challenging Mode, in which only players above a certain rank level who have already completed the Easy Mode can participate. In Easy Mode, common items are available but in Challenging Mode, players can obtain premium items. Limited items can be obtained at a certain probability or when the player achieves MVP status in a match. Even if the player can’t achieve MVP, you can upgrade the reward using Happy Tickets. A new Spawn Stronger effect has been added for the Challenge as well.

> If you clear the challenge and are not the MVP, you will be given the option to upgrade the treasure box or, you have the option of skipping the upgrade process and leaving your item as is

> If you do decide to upgrade your item from the challenge (not MVP), you can press X and follow the on screen prompts to upgrade your item

League Points

> Prior the first update, matchmaking was not functions as well as we’d hoped, resulting in unbalanced teams and uneven matches. This allowed some players to receive large amounts of League points, regardless of their personal abilities and by joining a good team against a weak team. Often, we noticed that some players in the top League (Immortal for example) often signed out or “Dashboarded” because they did not want to lose points. From this, we have updated matchmaking (to improve balance and even matches) and by resetting League points monthly, it will accurately reflect the skills of the each player. Please note that this does not change the actual Score Leaderboard, but only in League. With that, only players with Rank 31 and above will be affected with this change. We know some of you might be a bit unhappy with this change, but please note that we can always change this in the future and make any additions, tweaks, or removal if needed. Also, users who exited and re-started Happy Wars due to matchmaking delay or any other error may have been penalized in League Points. This has now been resolved.

Seasonal Decorations

For a limited time, the maps, placed weapons, and certain skills will be decorated with seasonal accessories. Many different themes are planned, including Christmas.

Edited by DMV

Great update but matchmaking still takes forever at times and there is still lag issues where only half the players are moving. What I really am enjoying is this special challenge, the matchmaking for that is great, games start quick and they are really fun. I cracked up laughing when somehow I had a christmas box as armor. Also love the treasure map as well.

Damn this addicting fun game! =P

Edited by InsaneKane87

Great update but matchmaking still takes forever at times and there is still lag issues where only half the players are moving. What I really am enjoying is this special challenge, the matchmaking for that is great, games start quick and they are really fun. I cracked up laughing when somehow I had a christmas box as armor. Also love the treasure map as well.

Damn this addicting fun game! =P

Yes it is, and it's even worse when there's less than the required number of players. You don't get disconnected, you get thrown out. I agree as well; the special challenge is very addicting and quick to start, not to mention you do a good job, you get a whole lot of XP.

The update is making me rage! :mad: :uzi::eek:

Besides matchmaking, what's wrong with the update? I'm very impressed with it.

Besides matchmaking, what's wrong with the update? I'm very impressed with it.

I froze about 3 times last night, my team losses when I'm MVP one time (would of been one of my best game ever), people stealing my kills, my party getting disconnected, lost connection to host, and not enough players in the game. All the usual stuff. This stuff never happened in the beta, but it didn't have the "special challenge" though. Doing better though on it today, since I got the premium pirate sword and outfit. Yesterday I got the common pirate wheel shield. Once I get the pirate hat then I'll be happy. Not going for the whole common or premium pirate set, just doing a mix and match of common and premium pieces of the pirate outfit.

*Just froze again. It seems like it only happens when I have my 360 on for about 3 or 4 hours. This never happens to any other arcade game except for "Full House Poker" when I press "start", but that rarely happens.

*I forgot the fact that people are very stupid on this game. A lot of the time the team castle would be attacked and no one helps me defend it.

Edited by UnarmedReaper07

I froze about 3 times last night, my team losses when I'm MVP one time (would of been one of my best game ever), people stealing my kills, my party getting disconnected, lost connection to host, and not enough players in the game. All the usual stuff. This stuff never happened in the beta, but it didn't have the "special challenge" though. Doing better though on it today, since I got the premium pirate sword and outfit. Yesterday I got the common pirate wheel shield. Once I get the pirate hat then I'll be happy. Not going for the whole common or premium pirate set, just doing a mix and match of common and premium pieces of the pirate outfit.

*Just froze again. It seems like it only happens when I have my 360 on for about 3 or 4 hours. This never happens to any other arcade game except for "Full House Poker" when I press "start", but that rarely happens.

*I forgot the fact that people are very stupid on this game. A lot of the time the team castle would be attacked and no one helps me defend it.

I don't know if you've had yours as long as mine. I've had my Xbox since Christmas 2009, and it's running Gears of War 3 matches for hours (Seriously 3.0). Pretty sure it's been on for a few days, but it very rarely freezes on me.

If you wanted to partner up in this game, let me know, and I could send you a FR. I actually know how to play.

I don't know if you've had yours as long as mine. I've had my Xbox since Christmas 2009, and it's running Gears of War 3 matches for hours (Seriously 3.0). Pretty sure it's been on for a few days, but it very rarely freezes on me.

If you wanted to partner up in this game, let me know, and I could send you a FR. I actually know how to play.

My friend and I know the reason now why it freezes on the "Special Challenge". If no "bosses" show up in the game then the game will freeze when you reach the "do you want to upgrade your chest" screen. Never had a retail game freeze on me and I know how to play the game. I've been playing the game, since the beta.

My friend and I know the reason now why it freezes on the "Special Challenge". If no "bosses" show up in the game then the game will freeze when you reach the "do you want to upgrade your chest" screen. Never had a retail game freeze on me and I know how to play the game. I've been playing the game, since the beta.

Well, that's weird. Rarely, bosses don't show up, and the only time I saw it is when the opponent is simply called "the enemy". It acts as just a regular match would. It didn't freeze up for me when bosses were slated to appear in the match. Something I'll look out for. And, I wasn't saying you didn't know how to play the game; I saw your posts of Happy Wars since October, I was just responding to the "people are stupid on this game" quote, because while I don't always do very well, I know what you mean.

Well, that's weird. Rarely, bosses don't show up, and the only time I saw it is when the opponent is simply called "the enemy". It acts as just a regular match would. It didn't freeze up for me when bosses were slated to appear in the match. Something I'll look out for. And, I wasn't saying you didn't know how to play the game; I saw your posts of Happy Wars since October, I was just responding to the "people are stupid on this game" quote, because while I don't always do very well, I know what you mean.

Ok, just wanted to be sure. I always could use more people to play with.

This update has made matchmaking impossible for me. I haven't been able to join one game since the update, even after trying for about an hour.

This.

I will get the full 14 people or whatever for a challenge (nobody shows up in Quick Match anymore at all?) and then it will get to 7/14 or up to 9/14 being connected, then it just sits there for a while, craps out and says COULDN'T CONNECT TO OTHER PLAYERS.

Got into one match, crashed when I died. Got into a 2nd match much later, we lost somehow, and now I am back to not being able to get into a match again.

This.

I will get the full 14 people or whatever for a challenge (nobody shows up in Quick Match anymore at all?) and then it will get to 7/14 or up to 9/14 being connected, then it just sits there for a while, craps out and says COULDN'T CONNECT TO OTHER PLAYERS.

Got into one match, crashed when I died. Got into a 2nd match much later, we lost somehow, and now I am back to not being able to get into a match again.

For some reason, I don't seem to be experiencing matchmaking issues, at least not as much as before the updates began rolling in. Xbox Live sent a message out that said that matchmaking was significantly improved, and for the most part, it has. I don't know why everyone else is experiencing this. Maybe because of connection strength; that's about all I can think of.

This.

Same. I tried for at least two hours and the exact same thing kept happening to me. I just couldn't connect to all the players, and so got kicked. I blamed it on my dodgy nat settings but if someone else if having the same problem...

Sad to hear that a lot of people still have connection problems. I for one have been quite lucky with getting into matches since the update went on-line. I have only been playing the pirate challenge thing though.

Now if only I could get any of the pirate equipment after winning matches (always end up with the measly 100 stars). :p

Sad to hear that a lot of people still have connection problems. I for one have been quite lucky with getting into matches since the update went on-line. I have only been playing the pirate challenge thing though.

Now if only I could get any of the pirate equipment after winning matches (always end up with the measly 100 stars). :p

Matchmaking and getting into games for that challenge is so much easier. Takes maybe a minute unlike the quick match which takes sometimes 10 minutes so I just get up and go do something. XD

Yeah the stars I don't want just give me the booty, aye.

Finally got MVP again after trying to get it for days. The sad thing is that I got another super premium pirate sword. :( 50/50 chance and the game screws me over. I already have two of the premium items (I got the premium outfit as well.) There really should be a trade system in this game.

Finally got MVP again after trying to get it for days. The sad thing is that I got another super premium pirate sword. :( 50/50 chance and the game screws me over. I already have two of the premium items (I got the premium outfit as well.) There really should be a trade system in this game.

This!

It needs to be in the next update, because there is a market for trading.

I hate that "bonus monsters" have a lot of "EXP". Someone can just sit back and do nothing and kill one or more of those monsters and get "MVP". People that actually take down the castle and die multiple times get a lot less EXP in comparison. Either they need to lower the EXP of those monsters or get rid of them. There would be more team co-operation if they weren't around.

*P.S. I wish "team skills" would work and that teammates actually know what they are doing.

*Just got 2 premium pirate garbs after getting MPV twice. Why does this game hate me?

Can you actually receive the special bonus items without buying them on hard mode? I got all four on easy but for the past 5 days I have been playing on hard and haven't received a single one. I must have been on the winning team anywhere between 40 - 60 times and always ended up with coins. What are the odds that you will receive the special item, it definitely is not 1 in 4. I generally finish in the top 4 on my team, but have never been MVP since I ignore the bonus monsters and just concentrate on the towers. Ironically, when our team loses I am usually MVP, but that doesn't mean much. This lack of bonus items is getting quite comical, should I continue wasting my time in hope of getting one or just give up now?

Can you actually receive the special bonus items without buying them on hard mode? I got all four on easy but for the past 5 days I have been playing on hard and haven't received a single one. I must have been on the winning team anywhere between 40 - 60 times and always ended up with coins. What are the odds that you will receive the special item, it definitely is not 1 in 4. I generally finish in the top 4 on my team, but have never been MVP since I ignore the bonus monsters and just concentrate on the towers. Ironically, when our team loses I am usually MVP, but that doesn't mean much. This lack of bonus items is getting quite comical, should I continue wasting my time in hope of getting one or just give up now?

I ignore the bonus monsters as well, but if you're that good, then it's a shock you don't have at least one yet. Either case, you shouldn't give up though. Now, what I will say is I'm a fighter, I'm mostly a warrior. I defeat enemies only to progress my team forward. The bulk of points come from defeating the formidable enemies and the Danger Enemy in the castle. You defeat about 2, and you just might have over 1000 points when the match is over. In the first week I got 3 premium items, and nowadays I still don't have the super premium weapon, and Idc because mine is stronger anyway. Off the record, the 25% odds may be skewed, but I don't know of they are. I got the random item a few times through the 25% chance.

I have only been playing the easy challenge mode this far. Racked up quite some wins but have thus far only gotten one special item (when not MVP). Almost every time I end up getting the worthless 100 stars. I don't know if I have been having the worst kind of luck but I suspect the game isn't giving us 1/4 chance of getting items. Maybe because they want us to buy the treasure chests or something? Either way it's frustrating. :(

It didn't exactly help that MVP-status can give you the same thing several times. Seeing as I have ended up with several shields (and nothing else). Sad times. Do however like the challenge mode quite a bit! :)

Some new years event thing is on now, but I thought today was the last day for the pirate event? Here is how I got my special items:

Common: shield, hat, and coat (All from MVP)

Premium: Super Premium Pirate Sword (2, one from MVP and 1 from random roulette.)

Premium Pirate Garb (3, All from MVP)

So, I'm just missing the common sword and the premium shield and hat. The roulette is really random and I usually get "1500 stars" a lot. With the random roulette it shows the pirate garb at least 95% of the time, even though I have 4 of them now. At least I have every pirate costume piece even though they are mixed.