Derail this!!!

Hoborg

Not too long ago I posted a diatribe auguring the demise of DS as a franchise.

I specifically drew parallels between the failure Resident Evil 6 and the direction EA is taking Dead Space.

I wasn't taken seriously and look what happened: http://www.destructoid.com/report-dead-space-franchise-may-be-on-indefinite-hold-247797.phtml

It feels so good to be vindicated. Dead Space 3 was utter steroid-pumping action garbage. Not worthy of a single line of praise.

Inb4 EA has denied the report. That's horseshit. Even if they manage to churn another half-inspired Gears clone the game will undoubtfully tank so hard it will be the end no matter what.

Doesn't take a crystal ball in a shady seer's office and 50 dollars per hour to tell you the future.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hopefully the series is dead (undead?) for now. The fact that they designed it the way it is, is very telling that they had a ''broad'' audience in mind.

The audience theory is a business myth. People who play Madden or CoD are not suddenly going to take an interest in a genre that has been historically obscure to their interests.

Diluting the core experience with ersatz gameplay elements is not going to attract a bigger audience.

Hoborg created his own bitching thread again? And at least one of the points in his thread was proven to be false before he even posted it....again? Say it isn't so!

I really wish this dude would link his GT to the site, so we could see exactly what 'quality' games make it into his disc tray.

Edited by ColdSpider72

My biggest point is.... So what!

I honestly can't stand whining from people who buy this game an expect it's going to be the same as the previous. Personally I feel a series should never stay static, that it should be dynamic but retain elements from the previous. Honestly I like Dead Space 3 the story showed actually development, and my example is Isaac he went from running away, to being forced, and then having the conviction to end it all. The end may have been opened, but I didn't find it was bad, it certainly wasn't ME3 or AC3.

The argument of microtransaction is pretty idiotic really, and refusing to purchase a game purely on that bases is just the same. The thing is no one is forcing you to spend the money, it's of your own accord. The day one DLC was not much of a surprise at all considering 1 and 2, and the thing is DS1 was far worse with it's Tank pack DLC and other DLC.

that is all

Edited by JDMBO1

Hoborg created his own bitching thread again? And at least one of the points in his thread was proven to be false before he even posted it....again? Say it isn't so!

I really wish this dude would link his GT to the site, so we could see exactly what 'quality' games make it into his disc tray.

I saw him make a post about a game he actually liked the other day, and I was astonished.

However, my lack of caring made me forget what game it was, but he titled the thread something like "Not excited about this.", which is typical Hoborg. But then if you read the thread, he actually was being sarcastic in the title (or so he says).

I was going to post something in it about the irony, but then reconsidered.

I don't think i've ever met anyone, on any forum, that is so clearly intelligent and educated but yet still has so many minority opinions.

I don't think I've ever met anyone, on any forum, who as a matter of course takes the minority opinion and uses it to soapbox for attention quite like our dear hoborg. Colouring mindless spiteful hate in academic verbiage does not a discussable opinion make.

Not sure if I've ever seen any one single person's threads get deleted more often either. This one is sure to follow.

I saw him make a post about a game he actually liked the other day, and I was astonished.

Hell freezing over in 5....4.....3....

Okay a few things:

1. It wouldn't matter if I posted my GT. I've played a lot of garbage games I regret buying such as (but not limited to) Castlevania, any and all Rockstar titles, RE6, AC3, etc.

I have also played a lot good games that I have deep respect for including but not limited to: Enslaved, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Bioshock, etc.

2. With that said, I consider myself a connoisseur. I call bullshit as I see it and this gen has been full of commercialized and overhyped garbage. Following that statement, I am somewhat of a traditionalist. I believe games were better in the past with some exceptions such as save systems, crunching difficulty, and graphics to an extent.

3. Have you seen single shred of evidence Dead Space 4 exists? Screenshots? Announcement? Trailer? If not, then my hypothesis stands. EA will likely cancel the series despite their affirmations. Even if they do produce another DS title, it will tank so hard my original predictions will come true.

The bottom line is this franchise is burned out. The fans will abandon it and it will never be the commercial success EA envisions it to be.

this game is fucking shit.

YOU know it. VISCERAL GAMES know it EA know it!!!!

WE ALL KNOW IT!!!

DO NOT BUY IT. just rent it & don't support it!

It's too late for me. I already passed over to the dark side. However, it's safe to say I will not support any future RE or DS titles unless they return to the roots.

Sorry Hoborg but you do realize the site that originally posted that article only sited one source. In addition to that it was EA UK that was talked to about whether or not there were to be anymore forth coming Dead Space titles, and what EA gave the UK branch as a response was no comment. Yes, this does sound odd an off but the original poster of that article only used that one resource, no other sources. Since the article blew up it seems some from EA an Visceral have come out an said this is false.

Honestly just because you don't like a series/game doesn't mean it caters to you. I mean it's far stretch to me calling this game bad, because I actually saw something that you know makes a game good it's call Character Development.

Okay a few things:

1. It wouldn't matter if I posted my GT. I've played a lot of garbage games I regret buying such as (but not limited to) Castlevania, any and all Rockstar titles, RE6, AC3, etc.

I have also played a lot good games that I have deep respect for including but not limited to: Enslaved, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Bioshock, etc.

2. With that said, I consider myself a connoisseur. I call bullshit as I see it and this gen has been full of commercialized and overhyped garbage. Following that statement, I am somewhat of a traditionalist. I believe games were better in the past with some exceptions such as save systems, crunching difficulty, and graphics to an extent.

3. Have you seen single shred of evidence Dead Space 4 exists? Screenshots? Announcement? Trailer? If not, then my hypothesis stands. EA will likely cancel the series despite their affirmations. Even if they do produce another DS title, it will tank so hard my original predictions will come true.

The bottom line is this franchise is burned out. The fans will abandon it and it will never be the commercial success EA envisions it to be.

You just said that all Rockstar games are garbage. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I loved Dead Space 3 and will be buying the best possible edition of Dead Space 4.