Batteries tip

jonmaxx

I posted this in a Fable 2 forum, and it was pointed out to me by a Rookie that perhaps I should have started the thread in a general topic. Apparently my advice is no good specifically for the Fable 2 forum.

Anyway.

I am going to copy and paste what I wrote there in hopes that it might help others save some money:

I just wanted to spread the knowledge of my experience. Recently, I bought Energizer Lithium batteries and putting a ton of time into Fable 2. After about 2 weeks of regular play (ALL day on Saturday and Sunday, and about 2 hours a day M-F), I still have FULL HEALTH on these batteries.

Just wanted to share for those really avid players of Fable 2 who play all day like I do. These are fantastic batteries. I went through two four-packs of Duracell quicker. :p

Hope this info helps someone. :woop:

Batteries are too damn expensive nowadays, or else I would get rechargables. I need one of those plug 'n' play packs for my controller or something.

Hahaha. I have 3 of those things. Stupid sister... I just buy the battery packs for the controllers. I have an extra one, so when one dies, I can use the other and that gives the dead one time to recharge. Much cheaper than buying batteries. Especially considering how much gaming I do.

Sanyo rechargeable batteries are the best. Cheaper than the MSOFT play and charge kit and they last a lot longer.

@Ogrius - For $17, you can buy 4 rechargeable batteries + the charger.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargable-Batteries/dp/B000IV0REA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267811418&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Sanyo Eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargable Batteries w/ Charger: Electronics[/ame]

Extra batteries aren't all that expensive either. And yes, these Sanyo batteries are what I use. My first set lasted me about 12 hours of gaming. Seeing as how I have 4 sets of 2, I'll always have 2 extra. I do need to buy more of them though, because I've been using these batteries on more and more electronics every day. My goal is replace all the batteries in my household with rechargeable batteries.

Edited by JesusBread

I posted this in a Fable 2 forum, and it was pointed out to me by a Rookie that perhaps I should have started the thread in a general topic. Apparently my advice is no good specifically for the Fable 2 forum.

Yep, funnily not every person on this forum will own the game. Anyway, in my case, I tend to use the wired controllers when possible, or the wireless pack when its not.

I do tend to have a stockpile of batteries on hand though, for my wireless keyboard/mouse and in case I need it for the remote or something. I tend to get them in an get 8, get 8 free capacity. They seem to last a long time for the keyboard/mouse so I'm pretty happy with what I got.

And yes, these Sanyo batteries are what I use. My first set lasted me about 12 hours of gaming. Seeing as how I have 4 sets of 2, I'll always have 2 extra. I do need to buy more of them though, because I've been using these batteries on more and more electronics every day. My goal is replace all the batteries in my household with rechargeable batteries.

Incredible. The MS plug n play kit is more cost effective and lasts longer. 12 hours sucks lol.

i might have to pick some of those up. But if you only buy normal batteries get rayovacs me and my friend did a little "Experiment" and we found out they have the best life out of any battery in the 360 controllers.

But only use normal rayovacs don't use the "Heavy Duty" one they make your controller turn off randomly.

Incredible. The MS plug n play kit is more cost effective and lasts longer. 12 hours sucks lol.
What your lieing i have a play and charge kit and after a few months it went from really long battery lives to like 45 mins to 1 hour and there dead i have to have it plugged in almost all of the time.

Sanyo rechargeable batteries are the best. Cheaper than the MSOFT play and charge kit and they last a lot longer.

Amazon.com: Sanyo Eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargable Batteries w/ Charger: Electronics

Extra batteries aren't all that expensive either. And yes, these Sanyo batteries are what I use. My first set lasted me about 12 hours of gaming. Seeing as how I have 4 sets of 2, I'll always have 2 extra. I do need to buy more of them though, because I've been using these batteries on more and more electronics every day. My goal is replace all the batteries in my household with rechargeable batteries.

I would see that as a reason to buy it then. a 4 pack of rechargables gives you enough for 2 controllers, as doezs the stand I linked. Except you have to change out the batteries and charge them. With the stand you dont have to do that. And it gives it a good place to store the controllers too.

I've used these lithium batteries myself and I can agree that they do last quite a bit longer than normal batteries however when they start losing power they loose it very quickly. Overall pretty good to use if you still use normal batteries but the lithiums are just a bit more pricey than the regs.

This, but not just the Sanyo's. Any name brand of batteries with pre-charge in the title is good (I use Sanyo, Duracell and Radioshack). They have a low discharge rate so you can stockpile them for a while without worrying if they're drained. The AAA pre-charges work awesomely with the Turtle beach headsets, as well.

Check Costco. You can get pre-charged kits fairly cheap.

How is it more cost effective? 12 hours with a mic plugged in all the time is not that bad. I get more if I use my wireless mic, but that things dies on me half the time. They're the same price, so with the way you're thinking, the plug n play kit is actually less cost effective.

Sanyos - 2 sets for 12 hours - 24 hours total before recharing

Plug N Play - 1 set for 15-20 hours. To be honest, I've never had mine last more than one gaming session which is usually about 8 hours, unless I had my mic not plugged in.

And the plug n play batteries lose their charge all the time. I had to replace them every 3 months because the batteries would eventually only hold their charge for 45 minutes to an hour and then die on me.

As for which rechargeable batteries are best, make sure you get the ones with the white tops.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/28/45/8b25c060ada0930d7ee6e110.L.jpg

Here's a picture for reference. The bottom middle and top right batteries have the white tops and are the best you can get. Anything that doesn't have a white top like that will lose its charge quickly compared to the eneloops. I'm not saying they're bad, but they definitely aren't as good.

I also think Costco's Sanyo rechargeable battery pack is like $40. It includes a charger, 8 AA batteries and 4 AAA if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by JesusBread