• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real were amazing tonight. Well played.

Whatever the final is now, it's gonna be great.

Mourinho vs Madrid, or Madrid vs Madrid.

I'd love to see the two Madrid clubs, but I'd rather the English prove they are better than the Spanish, so come on Chelski!

Subplots are always interesting and the two possible line-ups for the final contain some particularly interesting subplots. A derby in a major final is interesting enough without much explanation, but the Galacticos against a squad of largely underrated players adds a different dimension.

Many would argue that Mourinho wasn't as successful in Madrid as you'd have thought he would be. Chelski in the final would be his opportunity to show Madrid what he can do.

I'd love to see the two Madrid clubs, but I'd rather the English prove they are better than the Spanish, so come on Chelski!

Based on this year, we really aren't better than the Spanish. 2 of their teams in the semi's sort of says enough. At least parking the team bus on the goal line won't be enough. Let's see if the blue part of London can still play football.... Either way they're still a bunch of fuckers that I will never support in anything that they do.

Psssst.... Mourinho has leaked tonight's formation

http://this11.com/boards/abCJ0gOaop.jpg

According to the definition of anti-football it is :p

Chelsea weren't trying to win, they were trying not to lose. Scoring because somebody slipped is very fortunate and tanking it forward at the end of the match when 'Puddle throw the kitchen sink at you isn't exactly attacking football is it?

Mourinho is fully entitled to use this tactic, but it made the game practically unwatchable. From a neutral point of view that's a shame considering the amount of talent on show.

Thank you.

MasonCooper42;6294401']Tbf who complained

When chelsea parked the bus and did barca and bayern to win the cl?

Me. Absolutely awful. Completely against what football is.

On a more positive note, the right team won last night. Excellent, entertaining, ATTACKING football rightly defeated boring, unwatchable, Sunday League against Premier League tactics.

So gloriously funny to watch that complete and utter twat John Terry crying as well. He should cry, he and his team are setting about to ruin football.

Thank you.

On a more positive note, the right team won last night. Excellent, entertaining, ATTACKING football rightly defeated boring, unwatchable, Sunday League against Premier League tactics.

So gloriously funny to watch that complete and utter twat John Terry crying as well. He should cry, he and his team are setting about to ruin football.

But if chelsea had tried to attack barca and bayern they would of been slaughtered. Not the managers job to entertain, his job is to win.

MasonCooper42;6295925']But if chelsea had tried to attack barca and bayern they would of been slaughtered. Not the managers job to entertain' date=' his job is to win.[/quote']

There is a big difference between winning and not losing. What Chelsea did was trying not to lose. There was no attempt to win, it was the footballing equivalent of vultures. They just profited from some shit Liverpool luck.

Also we're not talking Bayern or Barca, we're talking Liverpool.....

When they actually played a better team like Atletico this season, Chelsea were better when they were trying to attack. Atletico's penalty and Courtois in goal made the difference. Obviously Chelsea can play football, so why the fuck would you play anti-football.

MasonCooper42;6295925']But if chelsea had tried to attack barca and bayern they would of been slaughtered. Not the managers job to entertain' date=' his job is to win.[/quote']

I agree. You only have to look at the Merseyside derby at Anfield to see what happens when a team who should have considered parking the bus goes all out attack...the team get slaughtered.

And he never set out to win. Only to not lose. Difference.

There is a big difference between winning and not losing. What Chelsea did was trying not to lose. There was no attempt to win, it was the footballing equivalent of vultures. They just profited from some shit Liverpool luck.

Also we're not talking Bayern or Barca, we're talking Liverpool.....

When they actually played a better team like Atletico this season, Chelsea were better when they were trying to attack. Atletico's penalty and Courtois in goal made the difference. Obviously Chelsea can play football, so why the fuck would you play anti-football.

Talking the team still currently top of the league, scoring the most goals in the season, with the best strike force. It was unfortunate that Gerrard slipped for the first goal, and our defence was at fault for the second, as we were trying too hard to get a goal ourselves. I have no doubt in my mind, that had Chelsea played football, we'd have hammered them. The annoying thing is, now other teams will try that same tactic. It means that Liverpool now need to change what has thus far in our run in won us all but that Chelsea game.

I still believe our season has been a massive success though, as our goal at the start of the season was to get in the champions league, and we've achieved that. To win the league would be a dream come true, especially as I've never seen it happen. But to have possibly lost that chance, because of anti-football sickens me. Had we lost to a better team, that outplayed us, I'd have no complaints, but to lose to that shower of shite felt like a kick in the balls.

At the end of the day Liverpools tactics (or lack of) were to blame for the result just as much as Chelseas. They did not have a plan B and thats what cost them the point they needed.

Chelseas tactics weren't all that different to taking the ball into the corner to waste time or defenders holding the opposition at set pieces. Both of these are wrong yet no one complains. Point is football is a sport where the goal is to win and as long as its done within the rules of the game I dont see the problem. And as others have said if Chelsea reserves had gone into the game gung-ho they would have been thrashed. Every tactic can be countered and as I said at the start rather than pointing blame Rodgers has to take the flak for not being able to change up Liverpools playstyle to adapt to the game.

Moving on and all is not lost, Everton are more than capable of taking a point against City and then its back in Liverpools hands.

At the end of the day Liverpools tactics (or lack of) were to blame for the result just as much as Chelseas. They did not have a plan B and thats what cost them the point they needed.

Chelseas tactics weren't all that different to taking the ball into the corner to waste time or defenders holding the opposition at set pieces. Both of these are wrong yet no one complains. Point is football is a sport where the goal is to win and as long as its done within the rules of the game I dont see the problem. And as others have said if Chelsea reserves had gone into the game gung-ho they would have been thrashed. Every tactic can be countered and as I said at the start rather than pointing blame Rodgers has to take the flak for not being able to change up Liverpools playstyle to adapt to the game.

Moving on and all is not lost, Everton are more than capable of taking a point against City and then its back in Liverpools hands.

In the final minutes, yes, time wasting is common, but to time waste from minute one? That's just uncalled for. Had Schwarzer been booked for it, the rest of the match would have been done without much more of it.

Rodgers tried too hard to prove his attacking point, and it went wrong, but Mourinho never set out to go for the win. He set out to not lose. That is not a way to go about a game.

As I said above, had Liverpool lost against a team that went out for the win, that wanted to play football, I'd have no qualms in admitting defeat.

As for Everton, they are more than capable of getting a point, and even snatching a win. It can be done, and, anything can happen in football. But having to rely on our blue neighbours is something I'd rather not have to do.

I can only imagine the amount of stick the Red half would get from the bitters, if we won the league after they snatched one or three points from City.

Teams have been playing for a point when playing away against superior opposition for as long as football has been going. Since sunday people have reacted as if its never been done before. EVERY team has done it before.

If that Chelsea team had gone out to win they would have been slaughtered. I also think that if Chelsea had (only) got the point they were after your reaction to there tactics would have been very different.

Teams have been playing for a point when playing away against superior opposition for as long as football has been going. Since sunday people have reacted as if its never been done before. EVERY team has done it before.

If that Chelsea team had gone out to win they would have been slaughtered. I also think that if Chelsea had (only) got the point they were after your reaction to there tactics would have been very different.

The thing that pissed me off was that at this time of the season, with both teams still able to win the prem, that Chelsea played not to lose rather than win.

No it wouldn't. My reaction when they drew against Atletico in the first leg was the same. Horrific, boring, anti-football. They tried it, and got found out. I am glad they lost, and got knocked out. I will always be happy when misfortune goes their way.

The thing that pissed me off was that at this time of the season, with both teams still able to win the prem, that Chelsea played not to lose rather than win.

Exactly!

Big game tonight. How do you guys think it will go?

I can see Liverpool winning it 2-1

Account to the papers (lol) Wenger is planning a 40mil spending spree. Richards, Bony & Schneiderlin. Personally I'd love Richards at our club, especially since it seems Sagna ain't going to sign a new deal.

Edited by The Eddmeister

Thank you.

Pfft. Why is it against football? Why does a team have to play attacking football? It misses me right off. Its not breaking any rules, its tactics. Yes, it may be boring for you neutrals but if it brings you success why would you care? To call it Sunday League tactics makes me laugh. What a laughable comment. Its tactics. It wins you the game.

Yeah its funny to see a player cry. A player who has put so much into the club, gone through thick and thin for the one he loves. Its funny when John Terry cries, he's such a twat. But Gerrard, oh Gerrard. He can cry all he wants. The neutrals love him, the media love him. He cries because he's a passionate captain, unlike Terry who is a twat.

Everyone is blinded by the media its hilarious. Cannot wait to see City lift the title, and next season for Liverpool to not be in the title race so everyone can stop this unnecessary wankfest.