Globe Trotter Achievement (Not Glitched - More Info Inside)

JamieLee2k

I have just figured out how this achievement works, it might have been discovered in other threads but since it's such a mess I thought I would share it with you.

It's plain and simple, any of the players on the board must hit every square on the world board, i.e

If you have 4 players on one controller then any of them players can get the achievement but one of the 4 must land on every square, it cannot be split, I suggest that you bankrupt 2 players and just focus on both players left in the game and keep playing, it's gonna take 2hrs+

So just to clarify clearer this is what you need to do

1. Download and print this http://www.worldofmonopoly.co.uk/world/world/images/board.jpg
  2. Setup a game on the world board
  3. Use Default Settings
  4. Choose 4 players on 1 controller
  5. Soon as you can bankrupt 2 of the 4 players (for quickness)
  6. Now just play the board and monitor where both players are landing
  7. Using the board from the link above you can get an idea on where each of the players are landing
  8. Once one of the 2 players have landed on every square you will get the achievement

omfg thank you! This missing achievement has been haunting me for a while. I put about 8 hours towards it in a 4 -player game, never got it, thought it was glitched or something. Finall I checked here, months later, and i see you have my answers. It still took 6 hours, but damn I am glad to finally 100% this game!

This has been posted many times..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169567

Only this achivement left... One question: one of the players has to land on EVERY square?? Including Chance, GO, Free Parking, etc? Or just in the properties that can be bought?

It says Properties, so obviously Chance, Go, etc doesn't matter

• 2 weeks later...

I am a victim of spending countless hours on this achievement, so here are some things I can add:

1. It is imperative that you do this achievement in one sitting. For no reason tell the game to quit and save, immediate DQ if so.

2. The 4 players on one controller then bankrupting 2 method IS the most efficient way to get this one.

3. Don't get caught up with maps, marks and tracking; eventually you will land on every property and paying that close attention draaaags it out quite a bit.

Hope this clears up uncleared confusion, these were the questions I had when I was trying to get it ;-)

GL all

xhunterrrr: Unless I am highly mistaken, the game must begin with 4 players. If you choose 2 humans, you must accompany 2 computer opponents. If you start with 4 human players, bankrupt 2, and you are getting the maximum rolls possible for 2 different achievement contenders. 2 hours + even like this so efficiency is definitely the key.

Edited by WP BackToSchool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks for this guide, it worked a treat but i actually unlocked the achievement by accident..... i was putting all of the properties in P1 name and all i needed was Hong fucking Kong! - passed it about 1 million times!

the achievement actually unlocked when P2 randomly landed on Kiev, jus keep on rolling all the while following the above instructions and you will be sorted. i was fortunate enough to get this started and finished in about 75 minutes!

THANKS AGAIN BUDDY!

thanks for this guide, it worked a treat but i actually unlocked the achievement by accident..... i was putting all of the properties in P1 name and all i needed was Hong fucking Kong! - passed it about 1 million times!

the achievement actually unlocked when P2 randomly landed on Kiev, jus keep on rolling all the while following the above instructions and you will be sorted. i was fortunate enough to get this started and finished in about 75 minutes!

THANKS AGAIN BUDDY!

I followed this and did the exact same thing. It took me about a hour but whilst waiting for my player 1 to land on 2 properties player 2 got me it.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this one. It took over 2 hrs... I kept track on a board I made, I used 3 human players each w/ their own controller and 1 cpu. I then made the other 2 go bankrupt and made sure not to give myself or the computer the opportunity to get a monopoly by trading. I finally landed on the last space(1st community chest) and it took a few minutes to unlock ( while I checked on here to see if i needed to finish the game).

Glad to see this one completed....

• 3 weeks later...

Something weird I found about this achievement.

My wife and I both logged our profiles in and tried for this achievement at the same time. We played a 2-player game with 2 controllers. It took us both the EXACT same number of turns to land on every property. We landed on them in a different order, of course, but the achievement popped for each of us on consecutive turns. Seems fishy.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is necessary to add really, but this is how I did it in ~2 hours.

Start up a classic game on the World board with 3 computers (if you're lazy like me), bankrupt two players asap and buy all but 1 property (I chose to let him keep a train station) at ridiculous prices (to make sure he accepts it) and mortgage everything. When I did this, I had about 58 million and my last opponent about 17 million.

This way, you can just keep rolling the dice at a pretty fast pace, without having any unnecessary paying at every property. Just pressing Y whenever Mr Monopoly talks speeds it up a bit as well.

If your opponent somehow runs out of money anyway, simply trade him another train station for his + 20 million or something.

Just a tip I guess. :)

/ Terak81

• 1 month later...

This achievements annoys the crap out of me. I just played 5 hours straight, buying every property with player 1 as a landed on it, but after I took Paris as the last one, it didn't pop.

Aaaaaaaaaargh.

Have to give it another go.

(Perhaps playing with 4 players on 1 controller was my mistake (i didn't bankrupt any of 'm), or when the game crashed on me and I had to start it back up...)

• 1 month later...
OK, dont mean to sound blonde, but how can you track, easily, what you still need to land on?

I just won a game of monopoly and bankrupted the first two players fairly quickly, then bankrupted the other player and won - obviously didn't land on them all :confused:

• 1 month later...

Here's a tip for anyone who has an autofire controller: once all the properties have been bought and 2 players are left with relatively similar bankrolls, rubber band the left stick to the right as well as the A button on autofire. It might save you an hour or two by letting the game play itself. Of course, you can do this for jet setter too, but it's probably quicker to play round 1 on developer mode than regular monopoly.

• 2 weeks later...
took over 3 hours for me. needed player 2 to hit st. james place (on original board). I hate when achievements are created just to take time away from another persons life to obtain them.

how is that even possible? it has to be on world board......

ive been playing a game for about 6 hrs with 2 players. have saved it a few times, but i really dont want to start again. guess ill wait till i have a few hours free and hit it again

• 4 weeks later...

Took me 2 hours with 4 human players under 1 controller. 1 tag signed in.

I was sure I landed on every space (wrote them down) but suddenly it popped with player 3.

In the meantime I also got the 3 times double roll.

All in all pretty satisfying. Best of luck to all though.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

This post may be old, but I wanted to say that the link for the World Board is no more.

I found another, if anyone needs it. (The map worked wonders, for me. I opened it in paint & used 2 different colors to mark each spot landed on.)

http://blackmaps.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/board.jpg

And if it disappears, I uploaded it to my imageshak profile for everyone to use.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1188/txri.jpg

Edited by tincann