Mission cliff notes & help thread

Hey guys,

Dennoman has a thread in the Super Street Fighter IV forum dedicated to helping people with the game's trial mode and it works really well in my opinion, so I figured we should have on for MvC3's mission mode as well. Naturally however, due to the nature of the game's combos being more about chains and timings rather than input shortcuts and buffering tips, there's only so much help you can give in writing for people stuck on them. With that in mind I've wrote out what I would consider the "cliff notes" of all the trickier missions in the game, pointing out when a specific jump is required (neutral vs. forward), when attacks need to be performed ASAP to ensure the final attacks can connect, when attacks need to be delayed in order to position the opponent correctly for later attacks, and so on. Hopefully they'll act as a supplementary aid to VesperArcade's stellar video guides for each character's missions, which he has been kind enough to allow me to link to in this thread.

Some things I'd like to point out in advance before you read on:

-The target audience for these cliff notes is really anyone who has done the 160+ mission achievement and is aiming for the 320, or even a full 100% mission mode completion. You are expected to be able to do the first couple of missions yourself, there's nothing I can really write about a mission #4 ground chain->launcher->air chain mission if they don't require a specific timing, it's just the game engine at its most basic. I will include a really early mission if I think it involves an uncommon execution, such as Chun-Li's kikoanken attack in mission #4.

-My notation is simple, I use s./c./j. for standing/crouching/jumping, L,M,H for light/medium/heavy, launcher for a grounded special attack and j.S for an aerial special attack. I'll name specials and hypers as they're called in the mission instruction list. If I say an attack hits OTG, it means you'll combo the opponent whilst they're laying on the floor (off-the-ground).

-There may be alternative methods of completing a mission other than how I've described, I just put what I am most consistently successful with. Chun-Li's #10 comes to mind, I use a completely different timing than what is done in VesperArcade's video.

-Unless I state the combo is mid-screen, do it in the corner. It's typically where you'll end up if you're unsuccessful on the very first attempt of the mission, and it makes it easier to follow the "neutral jumping vs. forward jumping" factor that some missions have.

-If I say something is easy then I mean it's not going to be a one-frame link (an input with a precision of a 60th of a second, no margin of error), which I feel safe to say there are a fair few of in this game. The mission may still take you a long time to complete, but there'll be much tighter missions than it in the game.

-I did all of these on a fightstick, not the 360 controller. They're certainly all doable on a standard controller, but I've no experience with the controller layout for this game and will not be attempting to do them on pad so I will not be able to give specific tips for the controller based on my own experience. I'm sure other posters that use pad will be able to offer advice, and I'll be happy to brainstorm with you (I've done all the SF4/SSF4 missions on pad), but I won't be relearning pad for these missions I'm afraid. No techniques in these cliff notes are possible only on stick, so hopefully they will still be able to help you out.

-If later characters' missions start to seem vaguer than the starting characters' descriptions, my apologies. It likely stems from me doing every mission over and over to try and make things feel consistent, and combos don't seem as noteworthy the easier they become. Let me know which are really vague and I'll come back to it with a fresh mind and see what I can add.

-Almost every mission that uses an air chain ending with j.S and then calls in an assist all have, to my knowledge, the exact same timing. Once you can do one, you should be able to do them all- because of this, these types of missions do not get a big description on the assist part of it, because there's not a lot I can really write other than a copy & paste job over and over. The first of these missions will get a brief description (Chris #9), but after that it's just going to be “your standard assist timing”. Here's advice I've put in another thread on how I learned to call in the assists consistently, I'd say I have at least an 80% success rate:

The way I do it is I treat it like a link, but instead of a link off of a move I use the moment the screen scrolls back down to the normal angle. You can't visually confirm when your character has touched down on the ground because it's too tight a link, so it's tricky at first but it is definitely very possible to get muscle memory for it. What I originally did was I'd watch the mission's instructions on the left to see if the "Player 1/Player 2" would disappear or not, but as that's not available in actual matches I kept the vague timing for it and adapted it to the screen scroll.

The following are all the missions that include the standard assist timing, if you've just completed one you might want to immediately try another whilst the timing is in your head: Chris #9, Dante #8, Felicia #9 and #10, Chun-Li #7, Trish #9*, Viewtiful Joe #7 and #9, Spencer #10, Zero #10, C. Viper #10, Akuma #10, Hulk #9, Iron Man #10, Deadpool #9, Doctor Doom #8** and #10, Super-Skrull #9, Thor #8 and #9, Spider-Man #8 and #10, M.O.D.O.K. #10, Phoenix #10, Storm #10, Dormammu #10, Taskmaster #9.

Wolverine #10, Hulk #10 and She-Hulk's #10 are also OTG assist combos, but they don't have the standard timing without purposely changing the timing of your air chains in advance.

*Trish's #9 might possibly be a little off from the standard timing, I can't honestly tell if it's my mind playing tricks with me due to the earlier OTG assist in the combo.

**Doom's #8 isn't actually an assist OTG mission, but the OTG used is the same timing as an assist so it's worth including.

-You can skip 40 missions and still get the "A New Avenger" achievement, so it makes sense to skip the hardest ones! Naturally, people will have differences between what they find hard and easy so there is no definitive top 40, but here are some of my suggestions on missions to avoid: Chris #9 and #10, Felicia #10, Chun-Li #10, Trish #9 and #10, Amaterasu #6, #7 and #10, Viewtiful Joe #10, Tron #9, Wesker #9 and #10, Arthur #10, Zero #7, Crimson Viper #10, Haggar #9, Akuma #10, Hsien-Ko #10, Iron Man #9, Captain America #9 and #10, Doctor Doom #9, Thor #10, She-Hulk #9 and #10, Spider-Man #7, #8, #9 and #10, X-23 #8, #9 and #10, Magneto #8, #9 and #10, Storm #10, Dormammu #8, #9 and #10. I found myself struggling to even name 40 truly tricky missions, so once you get the standard assist timing on your side you should hopefully find progress runs quite smoothly (12 characters don't even show up in my recommendations!).

Now that that's out of the way, here are the cliff notes! If you think I've skipped a mission that is complex enough to require cliff notes please let me know, and if you feel a mission could use more detail feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryu: Most of Ryu's missions are very straightforward in terms of both timing and spacing, there's no real things to look out for. If you're consistent with your special/hyper move motions and can remember the order of his attacks, this should be quite a doable 10.

*VesperArcade's Ryu mission video can be seen

-Mission #7: You won't be able to see that Ryu has landed from his shin shoryuken at the time you need to input the next hyper; you'll be performing the attack while Ryu's off-screen (very shortly after he disappears).

-Mission #9: Don't press the assist button simultaneously with the roundhouse kick, press it afterwards. The jodan sokuto geri will put your opponent behind you, so make sure you don't input the wrong direction when inputting the second roundhouse kick.

-Mission #10: The second donkey kick can leave your opponent on either side of you, but the combo can still be completed in either situation (the higher Iron Man is when you juggle with the first s.M, the likelier it seems he'll stay on his original side). To land the aerial shinku hadoken, make sure all five hits of the tatsumaki connect before performing it.

Morrigan: Morrigan has two combos involving assists, and one including an X-Factor cancel and a flight combo. Nothing too evil here, her trickiest part is remembering all of mission #10's inputs whilst also timing the delay between flight activation and j.L.

*VesperArcade's Morrigan mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: Perform her dash to land the two aerial attacks.

-Mission #5: Shadow servant is used as an off-the-ground (OTG) hyper; buffer the F,D,DF motion while you're landing from the j.S and then press the two attack buttons once you've landed. Timing is pretty lenient, much easier than using assist OTGs.

-Mission #6: Wait for the last hit of shadow blade to connect before performing the aerial finishing shower.

-Mission #7: Practice the c.L, c.M, c.H chain until you're comfortable with the speed of it, then either quickly throw the assist button in as well or perform the combo as c.L, (c.M+assist 2), c.H. Shadow servant isn't used as an OTG here, you have to cancel it out of the soul fist.

-Mission #8: A forward jump off the launcher is required to connect the j.H at the end, and wait for the last hit of shadow blade to connect the aerial finishing shower.

-Mission #9: The assist button can be pressed the same way you did in mission #7, either simultaneously or with the c.M or quickly after.

-Mission #10: Make sure the soul fist hits before activating X-Factor, don't accidentally cancel the move's start-up animation. A forward jump is required after the launcher to land the j.H. After activating flight there is a pause where you cannot attack, so don't try chaining it into the j.L (that said, the delay itself is pretty slight and you'll probably not need to pause as long as you'd expect before inputting the j.L).

Chris: Chris has an easy set of missions for the most part, but his 9th is pretty tricky and requires correct spacing. Mission #10 isn't too difficult if you're good with hit-confirming his combination punch, and mission #8 can be mashed to relieve a lot of stress.

*VesperArcade's Chris mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: Perform the aerial gun fire whilst jumping towards the opponent, don't use a neutral jump. Buffer the combination punch in midair and press the attack button as you land.

-Mission #6: You can land the sweep combo between the first and second hits of combination punch, or right after the second hit if you need more time to input the commands.

-Mission #7: Input the first j.M immediately after the launcher connects so that your opponent will be low enough underneath you for the aerial gun fire to connect. A neutral jump instead of a forward jump might be necessary if performing this combo in the corner.

-Mission #8: If you can't find the correct timing for linking magnum combo, it can be fairly easily landed by just mashing H during the combination punch. X-factor cancel after the shot hits, and then cancel the flamethrower into sweep combo as soon as it connects.

-Mission #9: Several things to take into account for this mission. Firstly, for the correct spacing for the aerial gun fire to OTG you'll want Spider-Man in the very corner and Chris to be standing on the thick blue line behind player 2's "M" of "Maaax!" (that's the leg that's closest to Spider-Man, c.L will just barely reach him). Make sure you neutral jump instead of a forward jump otherwise you'll lose your spacing. You'll need to press the assist button as soon as you land from the j.S, but you can't visually confirm that Chris has landed by the time the button needs to be pressed- this will require practice to do, but it does get easier the more you do it (I find it helps to watch the instructions on the left to see if “Partner 2” disappears when the button is pressed). As soon as the assist has been called, perform a neutral jump and input the aerial gun fire; this will hit OTG and then Wesker's assist attack will continue the combo allowing you to connect with the launcher. The very final section can use a neutral jump or a forward jump, it doesn't matter.

-Mission #10: The combo out of combination punch is easy, just press the next L as the second punch connects and then press M when the body blow connects. Cancelling into the grenade launcher is tight, I would recommend buffering the input whilst waiting for the heavy blow to connect. You'll regain control of Chris any time after the final yellow explosion appears on the screen, but there is a slight delay before the opponent will be in range for the launcher to connect. You'll also not be able to combo the final aerial hit if you connect with the tip of the launcher, so make sure you wait for Spider-Man to drop that tiny bit farther before attacking.

Dante: Dante is an easy 9, and an easy 10 if you're consistent with calling in assists on the first possible opportunity after a j.S air chain (which if you aren't now, you will be because there's a LOT of missions in this game that use identical timing for it). A lot of his hyper combos will still connect when you're only midway through performing a special move, so you don't need to wait for tricky juggles.

*VesperArcade's Dante mission video can be seen

-Mission #7: The j.H needs to be a very deep hit to combo into c.M, I'd recommend neutral jumping into it. You can cancel jet stream into million dollars during the animation or combo right after the final hit. X-Factor cancel into devil must die during the first half of million dollars, don't wait to juggle it off the final hit.

-Mission #8: The timing for calling in assists after a j.S air chain seems to be universal for every character. Check Chris' mission #9 for more information. You'll want to start inputting cold shower immediately after the assist button has been pressed to hit the OTG.

-Mission #9: Easier than it looks, the only tricky part is connecting the s.H after the killer bee- be aware that the s.H connects after your opponent bounces off the ground, you're not connecting it before they hit the floor. Neutral jumping isn't necessary but is recommended to keep inputs simple, and you can cancel fireworks into million dollars midway through the attack for an easy combo.

-Mission #10: Another easy one, none of the links are hard. Stinger might be, I can't actually connect it out of cold shower on a standing opponent…but when cold shower OTGs like it does in this combo stringer never seems to miss if you just hold forward and mash the H button haha. The only thing to look out for is bold move; the command isn't an actual attack but a jump, cancel into killer bee as soon as you see Dante leave the ground and then use reverb shock to juggle Deadpool after he bounces off the floor. Neutral jumps aren't necessary for the double jumps at the start, but I prefer them.

Felicia: Felicia's missions require a lot of specific timing for her rolling buckler and toy touch link combos- if you can perform them decently then you should be able to get at least 9 missions done without too much trouble. These missions remind me of a standard SF4 character's trial mode, and whilst I don't think they're the hardest MvC3 has to offer, I do think they're the most fun to perform.

*VesperArcade's Felicia mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: Toy touch will act as an OTG attack allowing you to perform the aerial combo on the now airborne Magneto. I find that the link off the throw doesn't seem to be too tight and the animation is visually helpful for connecting, but the jump cancel into j.M is quite tight. Assume that toy touch will always connect, go straight to forward and press M as soon as possible.

-Mission #7: No harder than #6 really- a forward jump is required to connect all the hits, however.

-Mission #8: The rolling buckler slide into s.L is a common combo with Felicia's later missions, so you'll need to learn this link. I find there's a fairly comfortable delay before you press L, and you can visually confirm it with the way your opponent levels out in the air. Once you've got the link down this mission becomes easy, you can let the two s.H's hit three times before cancelling them into the next move if you find slowing down the combo helps.

-Mission #9: A long combo that will test both your timing on the rolling buckler link and your ability to call in assists ASAP after a launcher combo. Splitting it into two parts, the first section (up to the j.S) is no harder than mission #7, so if you can do that then you can do this. The second half (calling the assist in after you land) requires the same timing Chris' #9 and Dante's #8 uses, so you'll have had experience in linking it before. This particular combo uses the assist as the OTG, and Felicia's cat spike continues the combo, allowing you to connect dancing flash after Dormammu bounces off the floor. Like in previous assist combos, you'll be wanting to input the cat spike as soon as the assist button has been pressed. For the dancing flash, X-Factor cancel, dancing flash, look for an animation where Felicia knees Dormammu (it's two attacks after the first kick appears)- that's the moment you want to X-Factor cancel, then quickly juggle with another dancing flash.

-Mission #10: An even longer combo that utilises the rolling buckler link, the launcher assist timing, and the jump cancelling of toy touch. It's a test of consistency, but it's definitely doable if you break it up into those three sections. Something to take note of that isn't involved in the previous Felicia missions is during the toy touch's air combo, the j.S to launcher is a rapid connect- you'll be very close to hitting the floor when you hit with the j.S so don't expect to visually confirm when to press the launcher, just use a very slight delay. For the assist section, it will be Felicia who OTGs and Zero who continues the combo; wait a moment after pressing the assist button to start the toy touch, then dancing flash once Zero's last hit connects.

Chun-Li: Chun-Li's mission #10 was my penultimate mission to complete originally, but it becomes pretty simple when you know how. Outside of that, she has an X-Factor cancel mission and another one of the j.S, assist missions.

*VesperAcade's Chun-Li mission video can be seen

-Mission #4: Kikoanken's input command is basically a half circle forwards with two rapid H's- don't treat it as an add-on to kikoken, just pretend kikoken isn't in the combo.

-Mission #5: If you're getting a spinning bird kick when you try to jump cancel the c.H, it means you're either not chaining the crouching attacks fast enough or you're crouching before the combo starts. Begin in the standing position and then press down with the L button to start the c.L and you'll have plenty of time to jump cancel. Make sure you use a forward jump when cancelling the c.H as well.

-Mission #6: Use neutral jumps every time to keep this as easy as possible. Just follow the pattern and don't get ahead of yourself with the next double/triple jump.

- Mission #7: Yet another launcher assist combo. You have absolutely ages to land the kikosho, it's even possible to complete the mission by starting kikosho before Wesker OTGs.

-Mission #8: Notice that both hyakuretsukyakus have a heavy attack before them, include those heavy attacks as the first input of the necessary three to save your fingers some stress. Perform the first section as j.H, c.M, c.H xx c.H xx c.H and the final section as j.M, j.M, j.H, double jump, j.M, j.H xx j.H xx j.H and you shouldn't have much difficulty at all.

-Mission #9: Treat the kikoanken the same way as in mission #4. When it comes to the X-Factor cancel notice that Captain America will ever so slightly move up-and-out from you before he gets sent across the screen- you'll want to X-Factor cancel when he's slightly above and away from you but before he gets flung away. After the cancel it's a very quick link to the c.H, don't expect to be able to visually confirm the timing. During the hoyokusen hyper hold straight up so that you'll neutral jump at the first available moment, and then finish the combo.

-Mission #10: I do this completely differently from VesperArcade's video, as I had no success trying to copy the rapid chains. When it reaches the jump cancel, chain the j.L and the first j.M quickly as you do in mission #5, and then perform the remaining three aerial moves with a slower, more deliberate speed. Make sure you use a forward jump for the jump cancel, and like mission #9 use a neutral jump out of the hoyokusen.

*ShinobiRain suggests using X-Factor for this combo if you're struggling: "if you want to mash it like on the vesper video, activate x-factor and the ground chain becomes much easier to hit, sometimes coming out so fast captain america will be too high for the jump. If that's the case just slightly delay the ground chain". Thanks for the tip!*

Trish: Trish's missions have lots of unconventional timings involved compared to most of the cast, and some of her moves will cancel into special moves before they land a hit. You'll have to stay focused all the way through your combos if you want to get the full 10, or even 9 missions with her.

*VesperArcade's Trish mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: Stand full-screen away, use round-trip and then use low voltage; it'll connect roughly around the time the sword starts its return.

-Mission #7: After the launcher connects, delay your (neutral) jump for as long as possible so that when you start your double jump Storm will still be in range of your j.M. After the double jump you'll want to be fast with the j.M, but don't rush the input of the aerial low voltage because it's possible to cancel the j.H animation before it actually connects.

-Mission #8: Practice the s.L, s.M, c.H chain at first until you're comfortable with the speed of it, then you can either quickly throw the assist in as well, or perform the combo as s.L, (s.M+assist 2), c.H. Hold forward for a fraction of a second during the jam session and you should be in range for the s.M- after that, it's easy.

-Mission #9: Very annoying mission that uses three awkward timings. First is the assist OTG combo'ing off of Trish's forward throw, which I don't really have any good tips for…it's roughly around the point where she emphasises the final "T" in "you like that-TAH?", and it's annoying as sin to hear her voice say that over and over again while you try to learn the timing haha. Once you've combo'ed up to the launcher, you need to delay your jump the same way you did in mission #7 so that your double jump attacks will still connect. After that we have the standard assist timing for an OTG; make sure you enter the duet pain command quickly because it's a tight link to juggle.

-Mission #10: For once with Trish, instead of delaying the jump on your launcher you'll want to connect the j.M, stiletto kick and air trick as soon as possible to keep Storm near the ground. As long as you cancel the stiletto kick into the trick immediately you should be able to connect the j.M, j.H using some quick inputs. The s.H also connects much faster than you'd expect it to thanks to its huge range, but there does feel like there's a very small delay between it and the j.H that makes me not want to call it a chain. Remember to slow yourself down for low voltage's input at the end, make sure the j.H has actually hit Storm before you cancel it.

Edited by Didi Mau

Amaterasu: Amaterasu's missions feel like they were placed in the wrong order to me, I personally find missions #6 and #7 to be harder than the two following them. A pretty easy 7, with the remaining three requiring some mid-combo weapon changes.

*VesperArcade's Amaterasu mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: Firstly, start off in the L weapon stance (solar flare). I find that a consistent way of combo'ing into the weapon change is letting the s.H's animation play out fully, then input down+H (c.H), down+M (weapon change), and then tap M again for the s.M. Practice the second part of the combo first (it's very easy), and then try tacking it on to the end of the weapon change.

-Mission #7: Shouldn't in theory be any harder than #6 really, but I have a lot more difficulty with it for some reason. It's the same technique as before for combo'ing into the weapon change, just remember it's the heavy button this time and you're not double tapping it because that'd give you s.H instead of s.M. Like #6, you start the combo using the L weapon stance (solar flare). You have to be careful with combo'ing cold star into divine instruments as well; it's a very tight combo, but if you buffer divine instruments too quickly it's possible to cancel out of cold star before the projectile comes out.

-Mission #8: Start this combo using the M weapon stance (thunder edge). This combo is really easy to be honest, you'll bounce off the ground when you use glaive chop so buffer the aerial okami shuffle as you hit the ground and press the attack buttons once you bounce back into the air.

-Mission #9: Start this combo using the M weapon stance (thunder edge). This combo's harder than mission #8 but still seems easier than #6 and #7 to me- the juggle after thunder edge is very similar to Felicia's rolling buckler link, in both its timing and the way you can visually measure when to juggle based on the opponent's falling. After the launcher, make sure you use a forward jump to chase as that'll put you above Wolverine for the head charge to connect. The fully charged j.H deals a lot of hit stun, let Wolverine bounce and then hit him as low to the floor as possible so that you won't miss the j.S.

-Mission #10: Start this combo using the L weapon stance (solar flare). The only hard part about this combo is fitting the weapon change in midway, if you're consistent with the method used in mission #5 then you can do this. The first half of the combo is used in mission #5 and the final section is just mission #8- neither are hard when performed alone, but the weapon change will demand that you're consistent at both of them.

Viewtiful Joe: Joe has two OTG assist missions, but other than that only mission #10 is somewhat tricky. As long as you stick to neutral jumps during triple jump combos you shouldn't have too hard of a time getting all 10 completed, his links have visual cues.

*VesperArcade's Viewtiful Joe mission video can be seen

-Mission #5: Make sure you use a forward jump after the launcher so the red hot kick connects.

-Mission #6: Use neutral jumps to keep things simple.

-Mission #7: It's the standard timing for an OTG assist again, but this time you have to wait a moment before jumping and performing the red hot kick- it'll miss if you do it right after the assist button. The second red hot kick will connect before Thor touches the ground, then cancel into desperado.

*Jakez123 suggests activating the Viewtiful God hand hyper before performing the combo if you're having trouble landing the first red hot kick. Thanks for the tip!*

-Mission #8: If you X-Factor cancel immediately after desperado hits, you'll have plenty of time to connect the s.M- make sure Thor's low enough for the c.H to connect however or mach speed will miss. Hold up during mach speed's animation to neutral jump at the first available moment, and connect the j.M as soon as possible to make sure Thor will still be in range for the triple jump's final hit.

-Mission #9: Like in Joe's previous missions, neutral jump every time, attack as soon as possible to keep your opponent in range of your triple jump, delay the red hot kick slightly after calling in the assist or it will miss, and hold up during mach speed to jump at the first possible moment.

-Mission #10: To link the groovy uppercut into j.H, watch the purple flames around joe and press H once they disappear. After the red hot kick, remember to let Thor fall far enough so that the c.H will connect otherwise mach speed will miss. The hardest part of this mission is the very end- if you don't input the aerial attacks after mach speed as soon as possible when double/triple jumping they won’t connect, you need to press the buttons immediately after tapping up.

Tron: Outside of her demanding 9th mission, Tron's only difficulty lies with your consistency at performing her Bonne strike and that can be worked around by standing on the player 2 side of the screen. All in all, an easy 9 but it can be a frustrating 10.

*VesperArcade's Tron mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: Buffer the servbot surprise during the Bonne strike and attack the very moment the final hit connects- Magneto should still be flying upwards at this point, if he's already at his peak then you've done it too late.

-Mission #7: Don't press the assist button simultaneously, just do it after Tron's picking up her boulder. To combo the servbot takeout you'll need to cancel the s.H as soon as the attack connects.

-Mission #8: The only thing hard about this mission is being consistent at the Tron strike inputs, timing is very lenient when juggling s.M and the launcher off of the strikes.

-Mission #9: This is a very strict timing mission- the way I've managed to get some form of consistency on landing the second j.H is by doing three things: 1) cancel every s.M into gustaff fire after the very first hit, 2) jump cancel gustaff fire and begin the j.M at the first available moment by holding up during the fire animation, and 3) try to juggle She-Hulk as high as possible with the s.M. The second you see the second j.H connect be ready to tap the button again, you cannot visually confirm Tron landing and still connect the attack.

-Mission #10: Easier than #9 in my opinion. s.M can hit multiple times before cancelling into gustaff fire if you need to slow the combo down, but the gustaff fire needs to be cancelled into the j.M as soon as possible again so hold up during the animation otherwise the j.S will miss. For the X-Factor cancel, you want to use it near the end of the attack before King Servbot connects for the last time. Connect the servbot takeout by cancelling the drill into it midway through the attack, don't let She-Hulk pop upwards at the end.

Wesker: Wesker has some pretty fun missions that use different timings than most of what we've already covered. Only his 9th mission is truly tricky, due to a tight X-Factor cancel and calling in an assist with the aforementioned new timing.

*VesperArcade's Wesker mission video can be seen

-Mission #7: This combo is mid-screen only, and the j.H after phantom move should easily connect if you just mash the button. After the launcher, neutral jump and land s.M as soon as possible to keep Storm in range for the j.S.

-Mission #8: Wesker's crouching chain is quite fast so I would recommend you press the assist button simultaneously with the c.M, it's still possible to connect with rapid individual presses however.

-Mission #9: The timing on the assist after cobra strike is different from the timing after a j.S, so I would recommend practicing that part separately before attempting the whole combo. The X-Factor cancel is very tight, you're going to want to use it as soon as the cobra strike connects and press the c.M as soon as Wesker recovers or it won't land. Call in the assist as soon as Wesker recovers from the second cobra strike, and then samurai edge right after to OTG the opponent into Tron's boulder. Finally, make sure you delay using your launcher until Storm's dropped down a little from the boulder otherwise the air phantom dance will miss.

-Mission #10: Easier than mission 9 because there's only one tricky link, and it's the same one we just performed in the last mission. After the samurai edge, perform the jaguar dash as soon as possible and combo into jaguar kick by pressing H as the last hit connects (there's no fast link after this, so you can mash H during the jaguar dash animation if you're struggling to activate the kick). Wait for Storm to drop into range before pressing the c.M and then the rest is easy, you don't need to delay the jump after the launcher and you don't have to do it as soon as possible either (the cancel from j.H into phantom dance is fairly fast if you want it to connect, though).

Edited by Didi Mau

Arthur: Nine easy missions, and then a frustrating tenth that uses two very tight links. Mashing seems to give a surprising amount of leeway with Arthur's missions, but you'll need some skills to finish him off completely.

*VesperArcade's Arthur mission video can be seen

-Mission #05: A forward jump is required off the launcher in order to connect the final hit, don’t neutral jump.

-Mission #8: This isn't a hard mission, but there are several things to watch for. I find it much easier to press c.H+assist simultaneously in this mission, it's very tight doing them individually. If you're buffering scatter crossbow too quickly it might come out before the c.H connects, so make sure you wait for it to hit first. After the scythe toss you'll need to start c.H quite early, mashing should actually work fine if you can't find the timing. Arthur's second c.H into launcher is also a slower timing than most, so you might want to hit S a couple times until you see it connect. After the launcher, use a neutral jump and then use a forward double jump to allow the remaining hits to combo.

-Mission #9: You might find the lance charge easier to combo into if you wait to use scythe toss after the fire bottle has already hit a couple times (though it's not necessary to do so). The tricky part of this combo is using forward jumps both times instead of the usual neutral double jumps; that said, it isn't all that difficult to do when compared to other mission #9's.

-Mission #10: Save yourself a lot of aggravation in this mission by simultaneously pressing the Back & Start buttons to restart whenever you miss the golden armor link. Scythe toss can be cancelled into golden armor before it connects if you're going too fast, so don't rush yourself and wait for the attack to hit before pressing the two buttons. The timing for the armor link is tricky to describe, but it's generally sooner than you'd expect it to be- it's a short moment after Arthur finishes saying "give me strength!" but you won't be able to visually confirm when the cinematic has finished. I'd recommend tapping S a couple times just to make sure the launcher connects as Arthur's s.H takes a while to hit. After the launcher, use forward jumps both times otherwise the j.H won't hit after the double jump. Activate goddess bracelet as soon as the fire bottle sets Thor alight and then link for the queen as soon as the first hyper ends.

Spencer: Spencer could possibly be the easiest character to complete all ten missions with; his final one is the only combo that asks for particular timing and even that boils down to the general assist timing you've done in several other missions already.

*VesperArcade's Spencer mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: This combo sounds hard at first, but it uses very simple timing. X-Factor cancel as soon as the bionic lancer hits, and then press the assist button as soon as the X-Factor cancel allows. As soon as the assist button has been pressed, do another bionic lancer- you won't even see C. Viper appear on the screen.

-Mission #7: Very easy, once you land on the ground after the j.S simply jump upwards and perform the air grapple. Everything is lenient in this combo.

-Mission #8: Pretty much as simple as mission #7- when you jump into the air for the first wire grapple, you'll bounce alongside Captain America. Once Spencer completes three-quarters of his backflip (he's facing Captain America but his legs are still tucked in), press the H button and cancel into the final wire grapple.

-Mission #9: Another very easy mission, you have plenty of time to visually juggle the s.M after zip kick. If you neutral jump out of the launcher you'll need to forward jump into the final wire grapple, but if you forward jump out of the launcher then either style works.

-Mission #10: Finally a mission that requires some timing, although it still isn't much. After the wire grapple you're going to want to delay the aerial S until the opponent's dropped down a bit further, then press the button twice to perform a j.S, land, and launch in quick succession. After the launcher you'll want to neutral jump and connect the j.M as soon as possible to make sure all the hits connect (though it's still fairly lenient), and then it's your standard assist timing. Wait a moment before activating the bionic lancer (you can visually confirm it by pressing the two buttons when you see Viper's fist glow) and you're finished.

Zero: Like Amaterasu, I think Zero's missions might have been ordered wrongly. His 7th mission is probably his most difficult, because it requires your left hand to pull off some complex inputs in a very short time frame. You might struggle just completing 9 of his missions, though it's a rather doable 8.

*VesperArcade's Zero mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: Somewhat tricky timing for the sougenmu link, you want She-Hulk to be at her peak during the cinematic- if she's already falling back down, the s.M won't connect. Try to get a feel for the timing of s.H (it hits three times before it ends) and you can use the second s.H's length to cleanly buffer in the ryuenjin.

-Mission #7: The first half of this mission shouldn't be too hard, you can visually confirm when to juggle with the s.L. The difficulty comes from the speed you need to cancel hadangeki into genmu zero, especially with the inputs involved. You can buffer the inputs for hadangeki during shippuga's long animation, but at the end of the day you'll need some speed to complete this mission. Be sure to try the combo from both sides of the screen, as people generally have a stronger side (I have an easier time inputting the directions when standing on the player 2 side, for instance).

-Mission #8: This mission is similar to Trish's 9th in that you'll be calling in an assist out of a throw, but that's the only tricky part of this combo. The throw itself hits seven times so watch the combo counter on the left, you'll want to press the assist button as soon as the counter turns to seven. Neutral jump as soon as Zero lands and input the sentsuizan; the dive kick will hit Doom OTG and then Trish's trap will juggle him higher. Shippuga as soon as you land and then chain into launcher, the air chain seems very lenient as Zero's j.S has a wide range. Once you reach the ground, simply neutral jump and input the sentsuizan again.

-Mission #9: Really easy for a ninth mission, the timing for the X-Factor is very shortly after performing the rekkoha. Input the rekkoha as soon as you hit the ground after landing the j.S and then X-Factor cancel, the beam will come out of the ground and OTG Doom so genmu zero him before he's lifted too high up. It's possible that the beam won't activate if you X-Factor cancel extremely fast, so just give it a very brief moment and wait until you hear the *ting* sound effect.

-Mission #10: This will really test your consistency at calling in assists, as you have to bring both in after a j.S. That said, everything else in this combo is really easy so if you're good with them (and by now you very well might be) then it'll be over quickly, remember it's Zero who is hitting Doom OTG so perform the dive kicks as early as possible. The genmu zero at the end is somewhat tight (not mission #7 tight though), so you might want to buffer the inputs during the sentsuizan.

Edited by Didi Mau

Crimson Viper: All in all, Viper only has one really tricky mission and the difficulty for it stems more from its length than its execution. One ground combo assist mission, one OTG assist mission, and a bunch of uses for her unique EX moves and focus attack gives Viper a varied and fun 10.

*VesperArcade's Crimson Viper mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: Will require at least one forward jump if not performed in the corner.

-Mission #7: Landing the seismic hammer after the throw is easier than previous assist combos because you can visually see when Viper lands and buffer the input as you fall. Use neutral jumps for the air chains and connect the j.M as soon as possible to make all the hits connect. You'll land first, then juggle Skrull with the thunder knuckle- you won't see Viper on the screen when you input the knuckle, but it still feels very natural to time due to how the move works in general.

-Mission #8: Delay your neutral jump after the launcher to allow the rest of the aerial attacks to connect. Linking burst time is pretty much the same timing as juggling the thunder knuckle in mission #7, you won't see Viper on-screen. Input it when Skrull is roughly just above half-stage (assuming the ceiling of full-stage is the top of the screen when performing a super jump) and it should connect, burst time has a huge vertical range.

-Mission #9: Practice the c.L, c.M, c.H chain until you're comfortable with the speed of it, and then you can either quickly throw the assist in as well, or perform the combo as s.L, (s.M+assist 1), c.H. It's possible to cancel c.H into burning kick before it connects, so make sure you don't go too fast. Connecting the s.M after the burning kick can be tricky because you can't see Viper on the screen, it's likely to be a faster input than you'd expect it to be though as the opponent falls pretty quickly. All in all it's a pretty short combo, so it's not what I consider a particularly difficult mission #9.

-Mission #10: A long combo with a lot of different moves involved, break it down into four pieces to make it more manageable: 1) combo up to the EX seismic hammer, 2) air chain into the EX burning kick, 3) the s.M juggle into the second air chain, and 4) the assist call and OTG into hyper. Section 1 is simple enough, but you'll need to jump and connect the j.M as soon as possible out of the EX seismic hammer in order to reach section 2 (the hammer is jump cancellable, so just hold up during the animation). For the start of section 3, make sure Skrull is low enough to the ground when you juggle him that the c.H will connect (shouldn't really have to go out of your way for this, as c.H is pretty big anyway). After the launcher you'll again want to start the air chain as soon as possible to make sure all the hits connect. Section 4 uses the same assist timing every other similar mission uses, then input the seismic hammer as soon as the button is pressed. Viper will hit Skrull OTG, Chun will juggle him and give you enough time to combo into Viper full throttle.

Haggar: One of the easier characters to fully complete, Haggar’s most difficult mission is probably his 9th which has (or did for me, anyway) unintuitive timing but should become pretty simple when you know how. As he's a very slow character you have to be careful not to cancel his attacks into special moves before the attack actually connects, the most common mistake in these missions will likely be that you're going too fast.

*VesperArcade's Haggar mission video can be seen

-Mission #5: A forward jump is required to connect the aerial attacks.

-Mission #6: Input the giant Haggar press as Dormmamu bounces off the floor, after the violent axe's third hit.

-Mission #7: The launcher after rapid fire fist has quite a delay to it, so wait for Skrull to drop down a little first. Forward jump and connect the j.M as soon as possible to make sure the remaining attacks all hit.

-Mission #8: I recommend pressing assist and c.M simultaneously, as the link is pretty tight. Haggar's moves are slow so either delay pressing the c.H or mash the button until it comes out. Don't mash the launcher, because if you cancel the c.H into it it'll reset the mission's instruction list- just wait to catch Skrull on his way back down from Wesker's attack. After the launcher use a forward jump and attack as soon as possible to ensure the air chain connects completely, then buffer the giant Haggar press as you drop and press the two attack buttons when Haggar lands to OTG with it.

-Mission #9: The easiest way to get the correct spacing for the wild swing seems to be to delay your forward jump out of the first launcher, and then connect the j.M out of the second launcher as soon as possible. Make sure you wait for the j.H to connect before inputting the wild swing, because it's possible to cancel the animation before it hits if you're going too fast.

-Mission #10: Pretty easy for a final mission, there's no particularly tricky timing involved anywhere. You want to use the X-Factor cancel after the third hit of the lariat and then press S right after to launch the opponent. Use forward jumps for each launcher to make sure the aerial chains connect and OTG with the giant Haggar press easily by buffering the input on the way down and pressing the attack buttons as Haggar lands.

Akuma: Akuma's missions are mostly straightforward with nothing really noteworthy to pay attention to; you just press the buttons in the order shown. Mission #10 however requires very fast execution of his hyakkishu and it comes immediately after an assist link, so you need to be very consistent with your inputs. An easy 9, but the 10th may prove too hard for the slower players.

*VesperArcade's Akuma mission video can be seen

-Mission #8: There's quite a wide window for the assist button, you can either press it simultaneously with c.M or in between c.M and c.H. Spencer will knock Spider-Man behind you so input the correct motion for senpukyaku, and delay the c.M slightly to juggle after hyakki gosho bounces the opponent off the floor. It's easy to confirm visually, so this is a pretty basic mission.

-Mission #9: Leave the c.M juggle after hyakki gosho as late as possible so that Spider-Man won't end up too high for the combo's final hits. You're going to want to X-Factor cancel the moment the gohadouken connects, then launch and neutral jump into the j.M as soon as possible.

-Mission #10: Like before, have the c.M hit the opponent as low as possible to allow all of the air chain to connect- use a forward jump to make it easier to land the air chain. After the j.S it's standard assist timing, but you must execute the hyakkishu literally as soon as possible afterward. The time between calling in the assist and performing the hyakkishu is the variable that determines whether the hyper at the end connects or not, I find it helps to buffer some of the hyakkishu's directional inputs in while calling the assist. Mash M to have the hyakki gojin OTG as early as possible, and then provided you started the hyakkishu early enough the rest of the combo should connect.

Hsien-Ko: One of the easier characters to fully complete, Hsien-Ko doesn't have any difficult assist link combos and both of her X-Factor cancels are very basic. If you're not too consistent with reverse-shoryuken motions, try performing her missions from the player 2 side of the screen.

*VesperArcade's Hsien-Ko mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: The senpu bu switches sides with your opponent, so you're really doing the same input twice in this mission.

-Mission #7: Cancel the edoga into henkyo ki as soon as it hits and you should have more than enough time to connect the c.H. After Captain America gets hit by the gong's projectile there's a slight delay before pressing the H button, so don't rush yourself.

-Mission #8: Buffer the tenrai ha's inputs as you fall from the j.S so that you can press the attack buttons as soon as you land. Immediately after the hyper's cinematic ends perform the X-Factor cancel and then buffer the henkyo ki during the screen freeze.

-Mission #9: Very easy for a ninth mission, the first half of the combo is from mission #7 so you already know how to do that. Just like mission #8, use the X-Factor cancel once the hyper's cinematic ends and then buffer the chireitou during the screen freeze.

-Mission #10: Pretty easy for a tenth mission, the tricky part is simultaneously pressing c.H+assist 2, and then cancelling the c.H into henkyo ki. Because the henkyo ki is a special move you have to call the assist in simultaneously, you can't press them in quick succession. Anyway, the combo is essentially mission #7 performed twice with the simultaneous press thrown in, there's no new links to worry about (the c.H juggle after Felicia slams Capt. into the ground is very lenient to time and you can confirm it visually).

Edited by Didi Mau

Wolverine: Like Ryu, Wolverine's trials are for the most part very straightforward and are just a matter of pressing the buttons in the right order. Once you know that berserker barrage gains extra hits when mashed, all you'll need is some consistency with performing special moves (along with that classic assist timing) to get the full 10.

*VesperArcade's Wolverine mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: The berserker slash will switch sides with the opponent, so the input for the beserker barrage will be the same as what you entered for the slash (only with two attack buttons, naturally).

-Mission #7: Drill claw into diving kick is braindead easy, you can just hold down during the drill claw and mash the H button. Very easy mission.

-Mission #8: Use a forward jump after the launcher so all the aerial hits connect. Combo the s.H once Chris bounces off the ground and then mash the H button during the beserker barrage in order to pop Chris up higher at the end. If you don't mash the barrage, the hyper will not connect.

-Mission #9: Mash the beserker barrage to pop Chris high enough to fit in both the beserker charge and the s.H. The timing on juggling the s.H is very tight, if Chris is already falling back down during the berserker charge cinematic then it won't connect. The rest of the combo is very straightforward, so you might want to practice the final section in advance to make sure this is completed the first time you connect the juggle.

-Mission #10: At first this mission seems like it uses a different assist timing than usual, but that isn't the case- the real trick is the timing you input the air chain, so that you land nearer the time that Chris does. Neutral jump out of the launcher and connect the j.M as soon as possible, but then input the next j.M, j.H, j.S at a slower pace. Aim for Wolverine to connect the j.S on Chris' feet, and you should land quickly enough for the standard assist timing to connect. You'll want to use the X-Factor at the very last hit of the beserker barrage X when Chris is popped up into the air (there's a sound effect on the last hit which makes easy to time), then juggle him with weapon X (input it immediately after the X-Factor cancel, as it's a tight link).

Hulk: Hulk is a marginally harder 10 than Spencer, but only just. He has two combos that require bringing in assists after a j.S, but his aerial chains are fairly lax and do not require much focus. He also benefits from mashable links and buffering OTG hypers while in mid-air, so the assists are your only real concern.

*VesperArcade's Hulk mission video can be seen

-Mission #2: You don't need to link the second hit of Gamma charge, just mash away.

-Mission #6: Gamma tsunami hits OTG, just input the directions on your way down and press the attack buttons when Hulk lands.

-Mission #7: Timing is really lenient on the X-Factor cancel, you can do it before the quake rocks appear or do it during their assault and the gamma crush should still connect.

-Mission #8: Mash the second gamma charge, OTG with gamma quake. The s.M juggle is very easy to visually confirm.

-Mission #9: Uses the standard assist timing you've performed so many times before, wait until Iron Man's bombs connect OTG before performing the gamma charge. Cancel into gamma crush as soon as you see the charge connect, don't cancel near the end of the move of it'll miss.

-Mission #10: X-Factor cancel as soon as the light gamma charge hits so that you have enough time for the c.M juggle. After the launcher, delay jumping into the j.M slightly otherwise you won't land fast enough for the assist to connect. As soon as Skrull is brought in perform the gamma crush, it takes a while for the OTG to connect and you'll be landing right on them by that point.

Iron Man: A decently challenging ten, Iron Man has both types of assist combos, an X-Factor cancel and a flight combo to get through. His standard ground chain also goes from crouching to standing, which is bound to frustrate after you've been attempting a specific mission repeatedly.

*VesperArcade's Iron Man mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: This mission seems easier to perform mid-screen for me, I think the corner can occasionally prevent Viper from being lifted as high.

-Mission #7: The timing on the assist is very fast, I would recommend pressing the c.H+assist 2 simultaneously rather than performing two quick inputs. M.O.D.O.K. will keep Dante suspended in air, making the rest of the combo very easy. If for some reason the mission instructions are resetting themselves using the simultaneous assist method (it happens to me occasionally and I can't figure out why, my timing doesn't seem to be different), then you might have to go for the two fast inputs instead- the way I do it on a stick is by sliding my finger down from H to Assist 2 in one fluid motion.

-Mission #8: The smart bomb OTG shouldn't be difficult if you buffer the inputs on your way down from the air chain, and the X-Factor cancel is pretty simple- just perform it midway through the proton cannon and input the iron avenger during the screen freeze.

-Mission #9: There's a very slight pause after initiating flight so don't try to chain the j.L out of it. The actual flight combo itself can be inputted slower than you might expect, so learn the order of the button presses and experiment with how slowly you can enter them while staying in control. There's a speed that you can input the flight chain in that will allow the j.S to combo into the s.H without adjusting speed, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to describe the timing…once you do reach the s.H, make sure you connect the angled proton cannon as soon as it hits.

-Mission #10: Easier than mission #9 in my opinion. A regularly timed air chain should set you up correctly for the standard assist timing, if you try to land the j.M as soon as possible then you'll reach the ground too late to call X-23 in. The second launcher however, you will want to be connecting the air chain as soon as possible in order to have it all connect- after that it's a simple OTG with smart bomb that can be buffered on the way down, and then combo into angled proton cannon the moment the bombs hit.

Captain America: Captain America's mission #9 was my final trial in the game, and it's still fairly awkward to perform consistently now (as well as difficult to describe, unfortunately). His tenth isn't particularly hard but it's still no slouch- I would say altogether it's a doable 9 and an irritating 10.

*VesperArcade's Captain America mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: This is a mid-screen combo. The c.M juggle is sooner than you might expect, the attack has good range and it stays out for quite a long time. Either jump works after the launcher, nothing tricky.

-Mission #7: Another mid-screen combo, pressing c.H+assist 2 works simultaneously but two quick button presses are fine too. You'll need to cancel the charging star into hyper on the first hit, and to combo the charging star after the shield slash you may find it comes out faster than you'd expect it to (before Captain actually gets the shield back).

-Mission #8: Forward jump after the launcher to connect up to the shield slash, then hold up as you're falling to neutral jump and j.H at the first possible moment.

-Mission #9: Very frustrating mission. You'll want to forward jump and start the j.L when Chun-Li starts to descend from her hang time, doing so should allow you to land the first shield slash consistently. After the shield slash walk forward slightly and then forward jump, if you can't cancel the anti-ground kick into shield slash you're likely going too fast and if you're crossing Chun-Li up during the combo you're delaying starting the chain by too much. For the s.H juggle you need to delay it so that Chun-Li doesn't get sent up too high after the charging star, if it connects too early then the hyper will miss.

-Mission #10: Much easier than mission #9, but still quite a busy combo. The ground assist isn't an incredibly fast input, simultaneously pressing c.H or two individual inputs both work so pick what you're comfortable with (though like Iron Man's mission #7 sometimes simultaneous presses resets the list, so I recommend individual presses). The first s.H juggle is somewhat tight but the second isn't if you X-Factor cancel immediately after the charging star hits. Cancel into final justice as soon as the final charging star connects and you're done.

Deadpool: Deadpool's an entertaining challenge for the full 10, he has both types of assist combos as well as X-Factor cancels and double jump combos. None are extremely hard, though they're all fairly moderate- mission #8 is ridiculous at first but with the correct spacing it's not too tricky, it's more of a gimmick than anything.

*VesperArcade's Deadpool mission video can be seen

-Mission #5: A forward double jump is required to connect all the hits.

-Mission #6: Timing is tight on the forward throw, buffer the katana-rama as you drop to the ground to save yourself time. The quick work at the end will miss if you're going too fast, don't rush yourself.

-Mission #7: A forward double jump is required to finish the air chain, once you've landed perform a neutral jump and then OTG with the aerial trigger happy.

-Mission #8: This is a pretty annoying mission, but I think I've found a decent spacing that allows me to pass it about 40% of the time. As soon as the mission starts, jump over Chun-Li and walk into her until you've pushed her one big square's length of the Danger Room floor. Walk backwards a little bit to make sure you don't push her any farther and then jump back over her, this should be the correct spacing. Get a bit of a distance away and then forward jump into the j.H and start the combo. Perform the ninja gift as soon as possible and then input the quick work as soon as you land; if the combo misses, restart the mission and set the correct spacing up again.

-Mission #9: Forward jump after the launcher, then a neutral double jump. After the s.J it's the standard assist timing, and then OTG with katana-rama. Don't cancel into trigger happy immediately as you want Thor to knock Chun-Li down into the top of the attack (it's a very brief pause after the katana-rama though, if you just perform it normally it should work fine). While Chun's being juggled at the tip of the bullets use your X-Factor cancel and buffer cutting' time during the screen freeze, she'll drop into it.

-Mission #10: Practice the c.L, c.M, c.H chain until you're comfortable with the speed of it, then either quickly throw the assist button in as well or perform the combo as c.L, (c.M+assist 1), c.H. Forward jump after the launcher, connect the j.M as soon as possible and then use a neutral double jump to connect all the hits. OTG with katana-rama and delay using trigger happy until chimichangas has knocked Chun onto the other side of the screen. Allow trigger happy to push her about three quarters of the screen away from you and then X-Factor cancel, buffering quick work during the screen freeze. Once quick work connects input cuttin' time and it should juggle.

Doctor Doom: Whether Doom will be a difficult 10 or not depends on how well you perform assist combos and how consistently you can input shoryuken motions, as pretty much all of his missions use them extensively. Mission #9 is definitely the trickiest one due to the c.M juggle, everything else uses links that you've already done many times before.

*VesperArcade's Doctor Doom mission video can be seen

-Mission #7: Input the c.M just before Doom comes back into view, the timing's not too strict so this is pretty simple.

-Mission #8: Hold up-forward during the hard kick to jump cancel out and hit the air chain easily. You need to input the s.H as soon as Doom lands, but you can't visually confirm that so it can be a little tricky (though it's essentially the same as calling in an assist)- if the s.H connects but only with one hit, then you have pressed the button too late. Wait for the s.H to hit twice before cancelling into molecular shield, and then input sphere flame as the final rock hits.

-Mission #9: c.L, c.H is a fast chain so be sure to press the assist button simultaneously with c.L rather than quickly pressing it afterward. Cancel the hard kick into molecular shield as soon as it connects and then juggle Viper as high as possible using c.M (if Doom's crouching in advance, you won't be able to see him on the screen when it's time to input the button). Like mission #7, combo into sphere flame as soon as the final rock connects.

-Mission #10: Not really any harder than mission #8 to be honest; the first s.H can be just the one hit spacing and still chain into launcher, but the second s.H has to hit twice. Press H+assist simultaneously and input sphere flame on the second hit (Hulk should get his attack in just before the cinematic begins).

Super-Skrull: Definitely one of the easier characters to fully complete, Skrull's only difficulty comes from needing to know the standard assist timing used in several previous missions. Outside of his 9th mission all the OTG attacks are his own moves, which are fairly simple to time.

*VesperArcade's Super-Skrull mission video can be seen

-Mission #5: Mash the L button during elastic slam, then cancel into Skull Torch as the final tenderizer hit connects.

-Mission #7: Hold down the H button as soon as Skrull lands from the throw, and the stone smite will come out automatically when it's fully charged. Delay the c.M juggle as late as possible because c.H is a very low attack, then forward jump out of the launcher to allow the final hits to connect.

-Mission #8: You have to be on the player 1 side for this combo. Forward jump out of the launcher and connect the j.M as soon as possible to combo the entire air chain, then input meteor smash once Skrull lands to hit Chris OTG. Execute the inferno as soon as the meteor smash connects to cancel into it and finish the mission.

-Mission #9: Standard assist timing after the j.S, input the orbital grudge when you see X-23 backflip at the start of her attack. Enter the fatal buster as orbital grudge begins to end and then immediately mash the L button to ensure the tenderizer will connect.

-Mission #10: You have to be on the player 1 side for this combo. The first attack needs to be an uncharged j.S in order for the brutal pile bunker to bounce Chris up, but that's easier than connecting a charged j.S anyway so it's a good thing. After landing from the air chain forward jump above Chris and use the brutal pile bunker to hit him OTG, then delay the launcher slightly in order for it to connect. After the second chain simply buffer the death penalty while you fall, and make sure you use the M+H buttons to execute it as you land otherwise you'll get the wrong version and miss.

Thor: Thor has two assist missions and his tenth mission has strict timing, making him a considerably harder 10 than Hulk. However, assuming you're solid with calling in assists now he should still be quite a doable 9, and the various timings involved in his final mission begins to feel natural over time.

*VesperArcade's Thor mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: Thor steps back slightly after landing a mighty hurricane, use that to visually confirm when it's time to connect the launcher.

-Mission #8: After the launcher neutral jump and connect the j.M as soon as possible to complete the full air chain. It's the standard assist timing again but you're going to want to input the mighty smash immediately after otherwise it won't connect. Input the second mighty smash as soon as possible, and then cancel into mighty tornado once you hit the ground.

-Mission #9: Not really any harder than mission #8, the assist into fully charged mighty strike feels the same as #8's assist into mighty smash- and if you perform it on the player 2 side of the screen it'll even be the same input for the special. Once the mighty strike connects you're going to want to delay the launcher by quite a bit, otherwise you won't be able to finish the air chain- you have a LOT of time for this, so visually confirm when Tron's falling down around Thor's chest hight.

-Mission #10: A tricky mission, due to fact that the fully charged mighty smash will only connect when you set up the earlier attacks in a way that allows Thor to land from the air chain before Tron does. From the start, make sure the s.M juggle is delayed slightly so that Thor hits Tron in the chest rather than the foot. After the launcher, perform a forward jump and connect the j.M, j.M, j.H as early as possible. Delay the j.S for quite some time (Thor will have began his downward arc by now, in fact he will barely be visible on the screen) and you should just barely connect it. Start charging the mighty smash as soon as possible, and buffer the mighty tornado's input inside the smash because it's a very tight link to combo it.

She-Hulk: She-Hulk has two fairly difficult missions that involve assists, as well as her unique running ability. A pretty easy 8, and a fairly fun 9 (you might not enjoy getting all 10 quite as much though :p).

*VesperArcade's She-Hulk mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: For the runner's start, chariot, torpedo section of the combo, try inputting (down, down+S, quarter circle forward+L). Perform this motion as soon as Shulk lands from the throw and the torpedo should come out in time to hit OTG, then it's just a matter of cancelling it into emerald cannon.

-Mission #7: In order for the c.H to connect, walk forward and delay the s.M slightly to hit Dante as low as possible.

-Mission #8: Perform the X-Factor cancel when Dante bounces off the wall, then start walking forward (left; Dante will bounce over your head). Juggle with the ground chain and cancel into emerald cannon again, it's a high attack so it should be easy to connect.

-Mission #9: The instructions list makes the combo look more intimidating than it really is, just remember that all her running special moves are counted as made up of three attacks. After the diving senton, juggle the c.M as low as possible. Pressing the assist button comes in between the c.H and the launcher, don't press c.H+assist 2 simultaneously. After the launcher, neutral jump and take your time with the air chain- it's harder to connect the ending hyper if you go too fast. As you land from the j.S, perform the runner's start, chariot, clothesline as (down, down+S, quarter circle forward+M) and as soon as the clothesline connects cancel it into emerald cannon- what should happen is the first of Doom's missiles start hitting Dante OTG as you begin the runner's start, and your clothesline will connect before the rest of the missiles carry him too high. In order to combo emerald cannon's additional hits, I find repeatedly inputting quarter circle forward+S throughout the animation should do the trick if you don't know the exact link timing.

-Mission #10: This combo is difficult because it tests your consistency with Shulk's running specials, as well as the fact that it doesn't use the standard assist timing. From the launcher, jump forward and delay/spread out the attacks so that you are as low as possible when connecting the j.S- this should hopefully allow Hulk's assist to hit Dante OTG. As soon as you press the assist button start your clothesline (down, down+S, quarter circle forward+M) and cancel into emerald cannon as soon as it connects. X-Factor cancel after Dante bounces off the wall, and then OTG him with the torpedo (down, down+S, quarter circle forward+L) into hyper.

Spider-Man: Spider-Man's missions are very similar to Felicia's, he only has one assist mission and the rest revolve around specific links in his special moves. His missions also involve both his spider sting and web swing, so you'll need to be consistent at performing shoryuken and reverse-shoryuken inputs; a challenging, but rewarding 10.

*VesperArcade's Spider-Man mission video can be seen

-Mission #4: Watch how high spider sting goes, the timing for spider bite is roughly three-quarters up. Cancel into maximum spider as soon as the bite connects, or it won't OTG.

-Mission #6: Web swing cancels into attacks faster than you'd likely expect, mashing should work if you can't find the timing.

-Mission #7: As soon as you see the web glide connect with Viper's face, tap L and it should combo every time. If you input the air chain as fast as possible you'll have a hard time connecting the c.H, so after the j.L hits don't mash the rest of it.

-Mission #8: Juggling s.H after spider bite is very easy to confirm visually, just press the button when you see Spider-Man land. After that it's the standard assist timing, input the web swing as soon as you've pressed the button.

-Mission #9: Closely watch Spider-Man after landing the web ball, you'll see him go back into his normal standing animation briefly before you press the L button. Execute the maximum spider as soon as the web swing connects, the timing is very tight.

-Mission #10: A tricky mission that requires consistency with landing spider bite, combo'ing out of web swing and the standard OTG assist. After the launcher, neutral jump immediately and connect the air chain as soon as possible to allow the rest of the hits to connect after the web swing. Mashing j.M during the web swing works, but be careful not to connect two of them before landing a j.S or it'll reset the instruction list. Activate the crawler assault as soon as you've called in the assist, you'll miss the first few hits but it will still combo.

X-23: Being a fast character, X-23's missions have a lot of button presses to memorise and awkward timings to perform them in. Her assist mission also doesn't use a j.S, which results in an unusual timing for calling the assist in. An easy 7, but you may struggle even getting 8.

*VesperArcade's X-23 mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: You'll want to input the crescent scythe (including the H button) just before the camera zooms back out for it to connect.

-Mission #7: The first ankle slice is pretty lenient to connect OTG, just input it when you see X-23 land. X-Factor cancel as soon as the ankle slice connects press s.M right after the screen freeze. After the launcher, jump forward to have all the hits connect. Again, charge the ankle slicer as soon as you see X-23 land and then cancel into rage trigger once the slicer connects.

-Mission #8: This combo is much easier to connect mid-screen than it is in the corner due to the assist attack's spacing. Something to notice before trying the combo is that there is a part of recovery on talon attack where you can't perform a new move (such as call an assist), but X-23 looks just like she does in her standard pose- don't be fooled and call in Magneto during this recovery, because it won't work. This is admittedly one of my worst missions, but what I find most successful is the following: 1.) s.M can hit twice, but cancel it into s.H on the first hit, 2.) after the launcher, forward jump and connect the j.L, j.M immediately, then spread out the j.M, j.H and talon attack, and 3.) remember there's the "invisible recovery" at the end of talon attack and take that into account; start buffering ankle slicer whilst calling Magneto and then press the M button immediately after.

-Mission #9: Input the j.M at the peak of the mirage feint and chain as quickly as possible, the j.H should connect. You'll land before Wesker, neutral jump immediately but delay each hit of the new air chain so that Wesker will be high up when you land- after the talon attack, juggle with s.M the moment X-23 touches the ground.

-Mission #10: The timing out of mirage feint is the same as mission #9. You'll need to cancel the j.H into talon attack as soon as possible, but be careful not to accidentally get her down+H command normal whilst buffering the input. Thankfully, the next three inputs out of the talon attack are all the M button, so mashing actually works pretty successfully here (be smart about it though, don't accidentally perform a j.M after the launcher instead of j.H). When landing for the OTG ankle slicer, remember to watch out for the talon attack's “invisible recovery“ and cancel into rage trigger once it connects.

M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K is a pretty easy character to complete, he has one mission that uses the standard assist timing and that's it. The only other tricky link is using his c.M to hit OTG on mission #9- if you can get that done, then you've got all 10 in the bag.

*VesperArcade's M.O.D.O.K. mission video can be seen

-Mission #7: With Dante as close to the corner as possible, space yourself about one big square away and cancel the force beam into balloon bomb as soon as it connects. Execute the analysis cube as soon as possible (it's when Dante starts his descent) and then link the hyper psionic blast as soon as the cube hits.

-Mission #8: Use the same spacing as mission #7 and hold up-forward as soon as the force blast hits to connect the air chain. Input the analysis cube as soon as M.O.D.O.K. lands and then walk forward a little to connect the launcher. Use a forward jump to finish the rest of the combo.

-Mission #9: Float above the thick blue line behind the opponent's "Maaax!" bar and start the air combo. Don't move after the force beam, stay where you are to let Dante fall into your launcher and then forward jump to connect the air chain. To OTG with the c.M, you need to use it as soon as you land and then perform the launcher when Dante goes into the stumble animation- you cannot confirm this visually, you have to know exactly when Dante is going to get up and connect at that moment. After the launcher neutral jump and connect the j.H as soon as possible.

-Mission #10: Use the same spacing as mission #7; hold up-forward during the anti-air force beam and use j.H sooner than you might expect to connect the air chain, it's got a wide range on it. Walk forward slightly before using the launcher and then connect the j.M as soon as possible to allow the rest of the chain to hit. Use the standard assist timing and then perform the c.M right after, don't press them simultaneously. Perform the X-Factor cancel before the hyper psionic blaster ends, and input the hyper battering ram's inputs during the screen freeze.

Edited by Didi Mau

Phoenix: Phoenix is definitely one of the easier characters to complete, her link of TK overdrive to burn out beak can be mashed with decent success so it doesn't need to be learned if you don't want to. She only has one mission involving assists, and the only new thing her missions bring to the table are helpful input methods to execute low aerial attacks (which aren't very difficult in the first place- that's why they're helpful :p).

*VesperArcade's Phoenix mission video can be seen

-Mission #8: The c.H is easy to juggle after the burn out beak, it's a lengthy delay but you can visually confirm it quite simply. The tricky part of this mission is performing the TK shot as low to the ground as possible, there's two input methods that help to do this. You can either slowly perform a half circle+M anti-clockwise from down to up, where you press the M button as soon as Phoenix leaves the floor, or you can hold up-backward as you fall from the j.S to jump again at the first possible moment and then quickly roll a half circle round from up-backward to forward+M. Execute the phoenix rage as soon as the TK shot hits Iron Man OTG.

-Mission #9: If you watch the throw closely, you'll see there's a moment right after where Iron Man hovers before being launched down- that's where you want to be performing the air chain. The juggle with s.H is the same input speed as the air chain, you can't really visually confirm it. After that, it's just a matter of using the inputs from the last mission to perform a low aerial TK shot again.

-Mission #10: Input the TK trap the moment phoenix lands from the burn out beak, it's easy to visually confirm the juggle. After the standard assist timing you don't have to wait for the X-23 to hit OTG before performing the hyper, if you activate it right after the assist is called in the later hits of phoenix rage will still connect.

Magneto: Magneto has a fairly fun set of missions that are unique in their use of air dashes. He has two combos involving tight links into hypers, and uses both fast and delayed inputs in his chains that can require a bit of practice to get down. An easy 7, and a doable 10 after some time investment.

*VesperArcade's Magneto mission video can be seen

-Mission #7: Gravity squeeze hits OTG, and you have a huge length of time to combo out of the throw- very basic mission.

-Mission #8: Neutral jump and perform the j.H as soon as possible, then input the air dash as it connects (I use M+H for the dash and treat it as a double tap). Spread out the j.M, j.H so that Haggar is low enough to the ground for the s.H juggle to connect (the s.H is also delayed, let Haggar fall just a little farther after you've landed). Hyper gravity doesn't hold Haggar for long at all, you can't visually confirm that it has grabbed Haggar before you input the magnetic tempest yet you also can't activate it before the hyper gravity connects- this will likely take quite a few tries to nail the timing.

-Mission #9: The first half of this mission is the same as mission #8, and the gravity squeeze OTG has already been done in mission #7. This is really just a test of air dash consistency and as it lacks the hyper gravity into magnetic tempest link I don't think it's any harder than #8; just pay attention to the second air chain, as it's a different sequence of buttons from the first.

-Mission #10: This is a mid-screen combo due to the X-Factor cancel at the end. The assist timing is really tight in this mission, I strongly recommend pressing c.M+assist simultaneously to save a lot of grief. After the launcher, use a forward jump and OTG with magnetic shockwave. You can either X-Factor cancel as soon as the magnetic shockwave activates, or X-Factor cancel the moment Haggar is hit OTG (I find the latter is easier for timing the electromagnetic disruptor juggle). Cancel into gravity squeeze as soon as the disruptor connects, but like mission #8 this is a difficult thing to confirm visually.

Storm: Storm's final mission is one of the most demanding in the game in my opinion, but her other nine are relatively easy- she doesn't use any assists or X-Factor cancels, they mostly revolve around her lightning attack.

*VesperArcade's Storm mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: Don't hold a direction- you can choose to just mash S+L, but I'd suggest learning the link for later missions (perform another ever so slightly after the first connects).

-Mission #8: Double typhoon as soon as you land, then hold up-forward during the animation so that you jump at the first available moment. Delay the j.H slightly and then tap out the lightning attacks in a constant rhythm; cancel into lightning storm as soon as the third one connects.

-Mission #9: Immediately hold up once the c.H hits to jump cancel, then perform a down-forward lightning attack as soon as possible. The s.M juggle is easily confirmed visually, and the rest of the combo is a simple chain.

-Mission #10: A very difficult mission- the first section of the combo doesn't affect the difficulty of landing hail storm, so make this part easy by forward jumping after the launcher and inputting the air chain as soon as possible. There's a slight pause after activating flight where you cannot attack, so don't try to chain the j.L into it. After the j.S it's the standard assist timing, but walk backward until it's time to connect the launcher so that you won't need to fly as far to the wall when activating hail storm. To have enough time for the hyper to connect, you'll also need to connect the launcher as soon as Felicia has been hit OTG, and then delay the air chain for as long as possible so that you land faster.

*ShinobiRain advises activating X-Factor before performing the combo, which should make hail storm much easier to connect. Thanks for the tip!*

Dormammu: Certainly a doable 8, Dormammu's difficulty comes from requiring you to be consistent at linking attacks rather than chaining them, and knowing when to delay your jumps. His hardest mission is definitely his 10th, which has a very rapid (and tight) link followed immediately by a delayed jump; you'll need to be able to change up your flow otherwise you'll go too fast and lose it.

*VesperArcade's Dormammu mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: This is a mid-screen combo; just stand as far apart as possible and perform the purification once dark matter connects.

-Mission #7: Landing the OTG purification is really lenient because you land so much earlier than Joe does, just cancel into chaotic flame before it takes him too high.

-Mission #8: The first half of the combo tests your consistency of linking c.M, watch for the third hit of the first flame carpet and then input the c.M. The timing doesn't seem to change at all but where your spacing is changing you can't visually confirm the next c.M off of the third hit of flame carpet, just stick to inputting the attacks at a steady pace and you should be fine. After the launcher you want to delay the jump slightly, otherwise the final attacks will go over Joe's head (if you delay the jump too long however, Joe will recover during the air chain).

-Mission #9: The purification OTG has already been used in mission #7, the timing is the same as before. You need to X-Factor cancel on the final hit of chaotic flame, otherwise Joe won't be sent upwards and will recover before the dark hole can juggle.

-Mission #10: Three tight timings in one combo. Standard assist timing after the j.S, then wait a brief moment after pressing the assist button before activating the flame carpet otherwise the web ball won't connect. Time the launcher to hit as soon as the web ball ensnares Joe (if you're still in flame carpet's recovery frames, it means you're waiting too long after calling the assist), then delay your jump the same way you did in mission #8 otherwise the air chain won't fully connect. The timing for the X-Factor cancel is a little more lenient than mission #9, use it at the end of chaotic flame so that Joe is sent upwards and can be juggled- you can visually confirm this as long as you're fast with your execution.

Edited by Didi Mau

Taskmaster: Taskmaster has one ground assist mission and one standard OTG assist mission, both of which you should be well versed in by now. His final mission has a strict link involved but it's right at the start of the combo and can be solved by mashing, so it's a fairly generic and easy 10.

*VesperArcade's Taskmaster mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: This is a mid-screen combo. Stand so that there's two large squares between you and Amaterasu, then perform aim master as soon as you recover from web swing.

-Mission #6: Hold up whilst falling from the j.S so that you can jump and perform the aim master as soon as possible. Cancel into legion arrow as soon as the aim master connects and you're done.

-Mission #7: Both web swings are really lenient to combo after, if you aren't connecting some of the air moves you must be waiting too long to input them- web swing's recovery ends quite a while before the actual animation does, press j.M earlier than you'd expect.

-Mission #8: This is a mid-screen combo. Note that you can execute the assist using either a simultaneous press of c.M+assist or with individual quick presses, but if you perform the simultaneous method then the second charging star will be going in the opposite direction, as Ryu will switch sides with you when the assist is called in as soon as possible. Either method will complete the combo, though I personally find it easier to call the assist in between c.M and c.H.

-Mission #9: Standard assist timing, neutral jump and perform the aim master as soon as possible and then perform the legion arrow as soon as you land. Pretty basic for a 9th mission, really.

-Mission #10: The web swing is much tighter than mission #7, and as you can't really confirm it visually I'd recommend simply mashing M and then inputting the air chain as quickly as possible (and I can't say for sure that it helps, but I have far greater success when starting the combo's c.L from a large square's distance away from Ryu). You can visually confirm the s.M juggle by watching the s.J- as soon as you see the yellow hit effect press the M button, the time it takes for your eyes to notice the effect should allow Taskmaster to land and attack as soon as possible. After the launcher hits neutral jump and start the air chain as soon as possible, the juggle starts with Ryu being fairly high off the ground so you'll want to be fast to have everything connect. After the j.S, hold up so that you'll jump as soon as you land and then input the legion arrow.

Sentinel: Sentinel has one ground assist mission and two flight combos, although being a big character with slow chains his flight combos seem easier than others to me. Not as easy as Hulk's 10, but I'd rank him easier than Thor- just don't cancel his heavy attacks into special moves before they actually connect :p

*VesperArcade's Sentinel mission video can be seen

-Mission #6: The timing for linking s.H and c.H can be aided by listening to Sentinel's voice- it says "neutraliseee" with a drawn out "E", and you want to input the c.H as soon as he pronounces the E but before he draws it out (it might help to say it yourself without drawing out the E, "neutralise neutralise" with a button press on each "N").

-Mission #8: This is a mid-screen combo. You can call the assist simultaneously with the c.M or immediately after pressing the button, but it needs to be performed quite quickly (this is another mission that would occasionally reset the instruction list when I performed a simultaneous assist, so you might need to go with fast individual presses if you're not having any luck). Cancel the second hit of c.M into Sentinel force and then forward jump and j.S immediately- it's a very wide attack. After the launcher, use a forward jump and connect the j.M as soon as possible.

-Mission #9: After the launcher, neutral jump and connect the air chain as soon as possible. After activating flight there's a slight pause where you can't attack, but compared to the rest of Sentinel's standard timings flight into j.L is quite a fast link haha. Make sure the j.H actually connects before you input the rocket punch or you'll cancel into it early and drop the combo.

-Mission #10: If you connect the launcher as late as possible, Dante will be low enough to the ground for both the air chains to connect with normal timing. If you connected the launcher fairly low but not at its lowest possible height, the j.H will connect in the first chain but you'll need to delay flight chain's j.L to let Dante drop a little to complete the combo. Remember the timing for flight into j.L that you used in mission #9, and then use rocket punch to hit Dante OTG. X-Factor cancel when the first hyper Sentinel force missile connects and then buffer the rocket punch during the screen freeze. This should allow for an easy connect for the rocket punch, leaving you to cancel into plasma storm to finish.

Finally, for those who are going for some character completions here's my opinion on the difficulty order, from easiest to hardest. This is based strictly off of what I think is their hardest mission, so some of the harder 10's may be easier 9's than the easier 10's (and for the later ones, standard assist timing is basically ignored in how difficult a character is to complete):

1. Spencer [#10]- There's over 20 OTG assist missions in the game to learn the timing; most characters have two missions harder than Spencer's hardest

2. Hulk [#10]- Spencer's 10th with an added X-Factor cancel, basic stuff

3. Super-Skrull [#9]- Two links, and only one is tight

4. Taskmaster [#10]- Mashing isn't 100% consistent but it works, second link has a visual cue

5. Phoenix [#9]- The only character who uses super-low fireballs, but it's not a hard technique to learn

6. M.O.D.O.K [#10]- Slightly awkward link, very simple X-Factor cancel

7. Haggar [#9]- When you know the timing, this doesn't take too long; without the timing, it can be very frustrating

8. Hsien-Ko [#10]- Relies on consistent specials, she'll be easier than the above characters if you've yet to learn OTG assist timing

9. Sentinel [#10]- A more annoying link than the previous characters (bar M.O.D.O.K perhaps), and it has a flight combo.

10. Ryu [#10]- Basic combos, reliant on special move consistency however

11. Wolverine [#10]- (Barely) harder version of Ryu

12. Dante [#10]- Lots of special moves, but no particularly tight timing

(DLC) Shuma-Gorath [#10]- An easier version of Chun-Li

13. Deadpool [#10]- Fairly slow combo to input, which I find helps keep focus

14. Morrigan [#10]- Flight combos aren't particularly hard, there's a lot of action going on though

15. Chris [#9]- Standing in the correct spacing is annoying, but there's nothing that evil about it really

16. Wesker [#9]- Couple things to look out for, and a tight X-Factor cancel

17. Doctor Doom [#9]- Juggle is annoying and the molecular shield feels tight

18. Thor [#10]- The hyper is very tight, and learning delayed combos seem harder than rapid ones to me

19. She-Hulk [#10]- Doesn't use the standard assist timing, and her specials in general aren't that similar to other characters so you have to pick them up

20. C. Viper [#10]- An easier Felicia, if you ask me

21. Felicia [#10]- Lots of moves and several links, only one of which really has a visual cue

22. Magneto [#10]- Annoying hyper link; other missions' flight combos can be considered hard by themselves as well where no one else uses them

23. Trish [#9]- A more irritating Magneto, her juggles remind me of his air dash combos

24. Chun-Li [#10]- Two different methods for you to try

25. Spider-Man [#10]- Three awkward links and both shoryuken motions, consistency is required

26. Zero [#7]- Hadangenki into genmu zero is a damn fast string of directional inputs; for those who are fast this isn't too troubling, in which case #10 uses the standard assist timing twice

27. Akuma [#10]- Hyakkishu messes up the rest off the combo if it isn't performed blazingly fast, and it isn't too easy to buffer some of the directional inputs inside the assist button; if you're quick with directional inputs however, he's just a harder Ryu

28. Arthur [#10]- Two tight links and annoying as hell to restart over and over

29. Tron [#9]- Demanding timing all over the place, but easy execution

30. Viewtiful Joe [#10]- Demanding links involved but one has a solid visual cue

31. Iron Man [#9]- The hardest of the flight combos, and a little bit of a finger twister

32. Captain America [#9]- Irritating as hell to mess up, timing seems very fickle and hard to make consistent

33. Amaterasu [#10]- You either have it or you don't when it comes to the weapon change buffering, people might struggle to learn this

34. Dormammu [#10]- Three tight links, and a rapid change in pace halfway through the combo can be really hard to build muscle memory for

35. Storm [#10]- The first half of the combo thankfully doesn't effect the second half, which involves three tight links

(DLC) Jill [#10]- A whole bunch of tight links, with an annoying Arthur #10 style intro

36. X-23 [#8]- Timings that I simply cannot crack consistently, as well as talon attack's recovery looking like it's already finished

Edited by Didi Mau

DLC Characters

Jill: A weird set of missions for Jill, I found her 7th to be trickier than the next two missions that followed (or perhaps that was just me shaking off the rust? :p). A really easy 9, but her final mission is brutal with lots of demanding links.

*VesperArcade's Jill mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: Cartwheel kick transitions you into the feral crouch stance, so wait a moment before pressing H.

-Mission #7: Hold up-forward as soon as you input the somersault kick to jump cancel at the first possible moment and then perform the chain in a slow, deliberate speed so that Dormammu falls low enough to juggle the s.M. Neutral jump after the launcher and perform the j.M as soon as possible to finish the chain.

-Mission #8: Easier than the previous mission, after the arrow kick's bounce input S before you land and then immediately perform c.M for an easy juggle. Fallen prey is a throw that hits OTG, you can buffer the input on the way down from the j.S if you want but the timing is really lenient.

-Mission #9: Neither of the launchers seem to have strict timing for the air chains, making this a pretty simple 9th mission. After the arrow kick's wall bounce, don't perform the aerial H too quickly otherwise you won't be able to connect the s.H after s.M juggles. Visually confirm when you've landed and then simultaneously perform s.M+assist 1 to juggle (pressing the assist in between s.M and s.H works too if you prefer and it also allows the mine to stay out for longer, but doing it simultaneously keeps the inputs simple for me). After the j.S sends Dormammu into the mine, input your launcher as soon as you land and then buffer machine-gun spray as you fall from the next j.S to shoot him OTG.

-Mission #10: A really evil mission, especially as the other nine were so easy. The combo starts like Arthur's #10 and I suggest restarting every time you miss the link to save yourself some aggravation. Connecting the c.L after high speed dash doesn't seem incredibly tight, but you won't be able to visually confirm it from Jill ending the dash so go a little faster than you might expect if you're having difficulty. The obvious challenge in this mission is stringing together all the cartwheel and flip kicks- according to the Bradygames strategy guide we're cancelling each attack into Jill's teleport, and then cancelling that teleport into the next special attack. To keep track of the combo I suggest counting the amount of flip kicks you perform, on the fourth flip kick you'll be cancelling into machine-gun spray. After the initial flip kick you'll want to be connecting each new one before the cartwheel kicks knock Dormammu into the floor and causes ground bounce- you can have one ground bounce occur and still finish the combo, but if you're too slow twice a second ground bounce won't occur and you'll have to start again. I've been having the most success by, after cancelling the c.H into the first flip kick, waiting a moment before cancelling into the first cartwheel kick and then for every consecutive special move after that inputting the commands as soon as the previous attack connects.

Shuma-Gorath: A relatively easy 10 compared to others, Shuma has a bit of a strange air chain but it doesn't take long to get used to. His final mission has some odd timings and a slightly fickle X-Factor cancel but no particularly tight links, and other than that his only challenge is his 9th which just uses the standard assist timing twice.

*VesperArcade's Shuma-Gorath mission video can be seen

-Mission #3: Begin charging the down input as soon as the throw activates, then perform the mystic ray as soon as possible to hit Viper OTG- you can kinda confirm this visually by watching Shuma land.

-Mission #6: Start the combo whilst holding down-backward so that you're charging the mystic stare. After the stare connects there's a slight delay before you can perform the c.M, but other than that the combo is easy- the eyes will explode OTG after the combo is finished, not during the air chain.

-Mission #7: Hold up-forward during the c.H to jump cancel forward as soon as possible, then double tap the M button so that you cancel the first j.M into the second after only one hit- if the first j.M hits twice, the strange gaze will not come out in time. Let Ryu fall slightly before juggling with s.M otherwise the air chain won't connect fully, you want to be biting him with the centre of Shuma's jaws rather than the top. After the launcher, jump forward and connect the j.M as soon as possible, again cancelling it into the second j.M after just one hit connects.

-Mission #8: Forward jumps aren't necessary for this combo, but they make it much easier to connect Shuma's air chains so I recommend them- cancelling j.M early is helpful as well. When landing from j.S Shuma has a short recovery time while he returns to normal, but you can still call assists in during this time. Use the standard assist timing, perform the strange gaze to connect after Hulk hits OTG (you have loads of time to confirm this visually), and then after the second j.S wait for Shuma to recover before inputting the hyper mystic ray.

-Mission #9: After performing the standard assist timing, allow She-Hulk to hit Ryu OTG and then juggle him using the bite attack of chaos dimension. Let him fall as low as possible before launching him, and then it's standard assist timing again for Hulk.

-Mission #10: Start the combo holding down-backward so that mystic stare is being charged. To have the juggle of c.M, c.H connect I find it easier to begin the combo a slight distance away from Ryu, so that when in his standing animation Shuma's supporting himself directly above the "M" of "Maaax!". After the launcher, jump forward and connect the air chain as soon as possible (cancelling the j.M early). The mystic stare's eyes will explode and hit OTG; allow Ryu to drop as low as possible before juggling with c.H and then launch, again jumping forward and finishing the air chain as soon as possible. The OTG hyper mystic ray uses the same timing as in mission #8, and you'll want to X-Factor cancel once the second ray has carried Ryu to its peak. Buffer chaos dimension during the screen freeze to juggle with the biting section of the attack, then launch and activate the throw section as soon as possible- if you can't recover in time to perform the launcher after chaos dimension's bite, then you activated X-Factor cancel before/after Ryu was at the peak of hyper mystic ray.

If anyone wants to post their own cliff notes and tips, I'll be happy to add them! Hope some of this is helpful for you :) There's probably a shitload of typos in here too, give me a PM as I can't stand them haha.

Edited by Didi Mau

I only read the one i am missing (arthur, X-23, iron, spidey, felicia and viewtiful) and it looks great so far.

But, on arthurs mission ten, you say if you mess up the golden armor change choose "mission select" and pick it again, you can simply press both :back: and :start: to restart any mission.

i know, its not really a help on the mission itself but its a bit faster.

Cheers matey, they're not as descriptive as I'd like them to be but I can't figure out a more informative way other than using frame data which I never learnt to do the math with haha :p I'm thinking between the cliff notes and Vesper's awesome visual aids we've got them covered strong though, I'll be happy to retry any descriptions that come off as too vague!

Edit: I didn't know that Coreg, I'll definitely add it in haha. I restarted a LOT doing Arthur's, I wish I knew about it :p

Again a Grade A job matey.

Someone should nominate you for that "zomg amazing thread!!!1!1111!!!" award :p

he should definetly get the A+Thread award.

This thread will help a lot newcomers and others that are struggling with the last missions.

Edit: just got my achievement, arthurs armor change has such a close timing were you can hit.

Edited by CoregBlue1

I got the achievement earlier today without this but boy is this informative! GREAT job! How can I freak'n suggest this as a Sticky because this is absolutely brilliant! While the visual keys from VesperArcade are very helpful, some background text is definitely top notch useful.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

EDIT: Wow, thanks to that INSANELY informative tidbit about how to easily perform Phoenix's Low Air fireballs, I whizzed right past missions 8 & 9. Wish I looked this up a lot sooner because everything I was trying before was failed.

Edited by PbFarmer

I was trying to get to mission 9 with everyone, but I just can't do it. Anyone know if the DLC characters will have missions?

I think they're supposed to, I have enough points on my tag to pick them up on the 15th so I'll get to work on them as soon as possible if so. I assume VesperArcade's going to make videos for them, but if not I could use some assistance there as I sadly lack the means to record my own footage.

A job well done as always Jew. You're the one that originally influenced me to complete fighting game Trial/Mission Mode achievements ever since Street Fighter IV back in 2009, and this is no exception. Pulling off combos in these fighting games (SF,MVC3, etc.) always makes you feel like a total boss whenever you complete them and that feeling always remains with each fighter thats released with a trial type mode.

Haven't messed around with this game as much as I would have liked. I've done some of the missions,(65% last time I checked). This guide should really help give people an idea as to how they should approach these missions and who to go with first.(thanks to your Easiest to Hardest section)

Later Jew. Next fighting game, next fighting game trial thread.....(MK9)