Falling Skies

Outlawed Torn

Who saw the two hour premire of this show? I've been looking for a new sci-fi show since i heard that V got cancelled and this seems to be a very nice replacement to it. From what i can tell this will be a better show than V was and hope it doesn't fall into the category of good sci-fi shows that get cancelled (Firefly, Terminator). So what was your opinion on it?

http://www.tnt.tv/series/microsite/fallingskies/?SR=sr3_524632_go

I'll let the 2nd episode decide whether I keep watching or not. Right now it's almost a parallel of the Walking Dead (TV) except with aliens. Hoping I can find some character to attach myself too. Nobody really got any development other than Hal and Tom in the motivation area.

The constant commercials, despite claims of limited commercials, were getting on my nerves, as were the "coming up next" notifications.

You really need at least 4 or 5 episodes before a good fair opinion can be given. I watched Falling Skies and it reminded me of another TV show from long ago called Homefront back in the early 90’s which didn’t last very long.

On the quick….As long as there is a point to all the traveling and a ends to the means it may have a chance but right now I really don’t see it making it past one or two seasons. I see lots of issues with a few characters including that 13 year boy walking around with his AK 47 dude this kid would be a nut case after being in a firefight … Here you can see a bit of Wolverine movie around the edges Again, more episodes are needed.

Well so far i'm really enjoying the show. Ever since I first saw the preview I knew it was going to be a show that i liked. The 2 hour pilot was good but I felt that the first hour was better. Based on the previews I didn't think that the show would be about Tom Mason trying to get his son back, but its still entertaining.

So far the show is good, not bordering on great yet but it is still early days. The characters are still not formed outside of being your standard archetypes and help us all if this show continues to make characters act completely stupid and irrationally simply as a device to move the plot forward....But yeah early days, still a lot to be seen.

Now that several weeks have gone by the show is wreaking some, starting to feel like Oh I know what’s going to happen next before it happens and I’m right…stop focusing too much on that professors kids its boring and its hurting the show.

Now that several weeks have gone by the show is wreaking some, starting to feel like Oh I know what’s going to happen next before it happens and I’m right…stop focusing too much on that professors kids its boring and its hurting the show.

Well now they have the kid. But really was it THAT boring? They captured a skidder, and then learned how they communicate and how to kill them one one one. Each episode has had them out on a mission of some kind in the shit. It's becoming pretty clear that the Mason family will be the main focus of the show. Whether it's recuing each other or fighting together. I'm sure that we will see some one shots of other characters to get their backstories but the show is going focus mainly on the Mason family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...