Any decent games?

oDrPepper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of my favorites-

Animal Crossing: Wild World - Great time killer; won't appeal to everyone, but lots to do and very high replay value.

Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands - Same as above... a few annoying things and a game that you probably should use a guide or the "Fogu" site for (Google it; great site for any of the series), but one of the best of the series, I think.

Dragon Quest IV & V - Either is a good bet, great old school RPG's.

Hotel Dusk Room 215 - Interesting point-and-click adventure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scribblenauts was so dissapointing to me.

I HIGHLY recomend The World Ends With You. Its an action RPG by Square and its one of their best and one of the best games on DS. The characters and story are great. The combat takes a bit to get used to but once you get it its a blast using the stylus, so much fun. Great game.

• 3 weeks later...
Scribblenauts was so dissapointing to me.

I HIGHLY recomend The World Ends With You. Its an action RPG by Square and its one of their best and one of the best games on DS. The characters and story are great. The combat takes a bit to get used to but once you get it its a blast using the stylus, so much fun. Great game.

Hooray, someone else that knows the awesomeness of TWEWY! I second the notion of getting that game, it's pure win. *needs to get it and a DS again*

If you're into Castlevania, I highly recommend Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. Order of Ecclesia wasn't bad, but it's much harder than the other two so it might not be a good one to start with. Unless you're a veteran of course. :D

Definitely get Professor Layton if you're into puzzle games. Although, if you do get those, start with Curious Village, that way Diabolical Box makes more sense.

Another series that is awesome for its pure quirkyness is the Phoenix Wright(Ace Attorney) series. Think...a simplified version of CSI with courtroom scenes. Add a rather colorful cast and you'll get good times.

And of course, who can forget the Zelda titles Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Get both if you can, but if you have to make a choice between it and Spirit Tracks...I'd say get Phantom Hourglass, it's a MUCH more enjoyable experience. (Let's just say Spirit Tracks is the new Zelda II: Adventure of Link. Yes, it's THAT bad >_>)

Pokémon. Like the saying goes: "Gotta Catch 'em all." Seriously, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are pretty awesome. :) And a remake of Gold/Silver? Who can argue with that?

Last but not least, that age old standard for Nintendo games, the Mario series. I personally didn't enjoy Super Mario 64 DS, but that doesn't mean you won't. If you can, borrow it from someone first before you make a decision. New Super Mario Bros. is a nice return to the old formula with some new tricks, and Mario Kart DS is pretty much a staple buy too. Problem with those is that they're being sold for full price still^^;

And an honorable mention will go to....*drumroll* the Sonic games on DS. Get them all. Sonic Rush will remind you of the ole Genesis days(it did for me at least!) and Sonic Rush Adventure is a great follow up to it(plus it has one of the best Special Stage settings ever xD) I haven't played Chronicles, though I hear it's very good for being the weirdest combination of game elements since Super Mario RPG.

Okay, this is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy longer than I had planned, but I hope it's informative xD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...