The HATE Thread!

DeadlySinz86

Seeing alot of people unhappy with this game, over alot of different posts, figured I'd create a topic where everyone could express what they hate about this game in 1 place!

So! Here's a list of all the things I hate about this game!

1). Stupid AI! Especially in Lengendary Mode. CPU becomes a bigger move spammer then most Xiba players online, becomes over aggressive and when it wants the fight to go its way, it'll go its way. It'll go out of its way to Ring Out and most of the time you cant stop it happening.

2). Players that use Xiba ... you know who you are.

3). Boring Story Mode that focuses on a rather "Unhealthy" relationship between a Brother and Sister. Characters came across more like lovers than anything else. Seriously, what were they thinking.

4). Retarded 82,000 meters achievement, been playing the game for 4 days, nearly straight and only racked up just over 11k.

5). Glitchy / Slow Defense. Although never seems to trouble the CPU, especially when using A1 - A5 fighters in Quick Match. CPU will even be able to defend when its flying though the air, or after grounded by an attack, yet when you try to do the same ... doesn't have any of it.

6). Players online. Especially Natsu players and especially Xiba players. Its cool guys, I get that you know their special moves. I dont need to see it for 3 rounds straight, 1 after another, try switching it up, no one likes a move spammer.

Ok, thats pretty much everything I hate about the game. Just to clarify, I love the Soul Calibur franchise, I've picked up every single game all the way back to Soul Blade on the PS. I'm not a hater, I'm not a troll. I just like opinions and weither people share the same opinions as me. Anyway, let's see what everyone else hates!

Edited by DeadlySinz86

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Unrealistic AI. Over the past week I've never raged at a game more than this.

2. Online; ranked searching. I don't know if it's just my connection, but it takes around 2-3 minutes just to find an opponent.

3. Lack of character development and limited item customization (compared to SC IV).

4. Pointless and boring story mode, I think I completed it in an hour.

5. Xiba players in general.

6. No Yun-Seong!

7. Lack of game modes.

8. No character endings when completing Arcade mode.

I could go on...

In general, I think this game is a major step back for the franchise, they could have done so much more with this, instead it feels rushed just for the sake of releasing it.

Xiba. Not the online spammers, just Xiba himself.

If Kilik is unavailable as the resident stick-user for this game, that's fine, but as The Nonexistenc said in another thread, replacing him with some shmuck who has no facets to his character other than "I have Kali-Yuga and I want food" and who takes this great, storyline-important artifact and puts it between his legs so he can beat it against the ground like a tail is incredibly stupid.

And by now, we have about ten different threads complaining about the AI, so that's just beating a dead horse.

1. lack of customization items/variety.

2. Xiba. Not just people playing him, the whole style in general. I was happy to hear they got rid of kilik (and hopefully style), but then, of course they still keep his cheap style.

3. lack of character stories outside of that d-bag Patroklos' story mode.

4. xiba.

5. move spammers online. They make about 1/3 of the matches I see.

I don't know what you mean by natsu spam though. I play natsu pretty seriously, and hardly, if ever, come across another natsu. I can't really imagine how to spam with natsu. If there's one thing about fighting games, it's to change up your moves, so they never really know what'll be next.

I hate the Ai as everyone else has said.

However, gameplay-wise I think this game is leagues above Soulcalibur4. Just my opinion though.

The characters I HATE facing are Siegfried and Nightmare(Way to fast for how powerful they are) Leixia, xiba, and Alpha Patroklos.

I am glad that Maxi got buffed. He was just to complicated for not a lot of payback in SC4, but in this game he's still difficult but its worth it and he feels like he could be Mid to high tier.

No passive Guard Impact in this game, that's all. I loved getting into epic GI battles so awesome. Now its gone...

So other than that the game is awesome, with the exception that some characters have some moves missing especially Cervantes which was my main so that sucked big time.

As for the online its awesome, hardly any lagg so that was boss. So why couldn't they do that with SC4..

1.- Boring single modes (arcade, legend of souls, quick battle and story all of them)

2.- a Patroklos instead setsuka(or similar girl with an umbrella), cmon she looks pretty cool.

3.- 3 mimic characters wft, btw whats the difference between edge master and kilik?

4.-i dont get the story, 17 year has passed but tira and maxy still look young, are they vampires or something?, what happen to kilik an soph??, cervantes is alive again?,why astaroth is a robot?

5.-no more little girls (i miss Amy and talim styles)

6.- guest character sucks(both evil jin and ezio), link and vader was awesome.

7.- Semi-naked Algol and disgusting voldo (like allways)=S

i still love this game, excellent gameplay more deep than iv (just guard is great but a lot harder than gi), nice online options, wonderful character creation and gorgeous graphics.

In my eyes this game sucks, and here is why:

1.CaS - There are just too much pointless limitations to this mode, also they took away some armor and some options from SC IV for no reason. They wasted so much potential here, it could have been awesome. Why can't you color the standart figures like in SC IV? Why are some cool armor parts gone? Why aren't there letter or questionmark tatoos? Instead a shitload of fuckign asian letters. Why the hell...

2.Story - It's a 1 hour long shitfest that will bore you to death. The only you see is that from Patrokolos(or w/e) and Pyrrha, everyone else if left at the side. It's barely any story at all. And it sucks.

3.The challenge mode - Quickbattles are a waste of our time and space on the disc. MK did it right, with 300 challenging stages and various tasks to master. In this game it's only you trying to defeat the idiotic AI, 240 battles long. No purpose at all.

4.Arcade - It has only 6 stages now, and no story or ending at all. All you do is randomly fight 6 guys. Arcade is a joke and they as well might have removed it entirely.

5.Online - Not only is it hard to find someone to fight, most of the players use cheep spam moves all the time and especially Xiba players are a harassment. I don't know how many Xiba players I gave a bad rep. Online is no fucking fun at all.

6.The A.I. - There is no hard AI in this game. There is no real challnege in this game. The AI that is supposed to be hard and challenging reads your button inputs, it reacts faster than a human being would be ever able to and it is very fast. Oh yeah, it also spams the same 2 cheap moves all the time. It's simply unfair.

7.Missing characters - They simply took Talim and Yoeng Sung away and replaced them with 3 random characters. Why the hell do I need edge master, Elysium or Kilik? I want real characters! The lack of characters in this game is bad. And the new characters are shit. I hate those Asian kids!

8.Achievements - Yeah, getting to level 99 and running 87600 meters in battle. Why the fuck do mI need to do this? I have done everything by the time I was level 60 and now I have to grind in shitty Arcade or shitty Quickbattle for weeks to get them? Fuck this shit.

I absolutely cannot believe I wasted 60€ on this fuckfest, but at least I have learned. This is the last time this comapny got my money for a Soul calibur on the release day. THIS GAME SUCKS!

The fighting itself isn't that bad thought. It's fun with friends.

Edited by PrinceOfThralls

Pretty much exactly what PrinceOfThralls said. I don't play much online, so I don't care about that. The story mode is absolutely pathetic and I couldn't wait to finish it and will never touch it again. Couple that with no story/endings for arcade and you have single player garbage.

I actually enjoyed Quick Battle for awhile, now I just don't care anymore. And, of course, there's the AI. It's some of the worst I've ever seen in any fighting game, and when I first started playing the game I had flashbacks to that PS1 "classic", Cardinal Syn.

I'd like to think there's a patch coming, but I doubt they'll bother....they'll just continue pumping out dlc, which I won't buy.

1) worst story mode ever

2) no yun seong, seong mina, zasalamel, talim, rock...

3) 3 mimic characters

4) critical and brave edges, it make the fight shorter, its almost impossible for me to use it online, IA get no problam with combination.

5) 2 patroklos and 2 pyrhas

6) i find viola a bit overpowered

7) sometimes monster AI's

Mitsurugi got his stances taken away but the moves he does have have stupidly good tracking and damage, his CE even hits for the full animation when you're on the floor. THE FLOOR!

Tracking on vertical attacks is pretty piss-poor with a great many moves in this game.

I think "oh he's using vertical attacks I'll just sidestep them" and get hit anyway.

One more thing, "Communicating..."

2)rock...

6) i find viola a bit overpowered

Rock was a terrible character. Are you kidding me? Viola is hella underpowered. Her CE sucks dick and almost all of her moves do shit damage.

Quick Battle - It's so much fucking bullshit, it's unbelievable. If you're going to make the game hard, at least MAKE IT FUCKING HARD. Don't have the AI fucking cheat, that's shitty programming. I'm really fucking disappointed with this. You make one wrong move, your ass is combo'd to death. You somehow make it over to the edge, the AI does everything it possibly can to block and evade all of your attacks and push you off the edge. The react at inhuman speeds do the most bullshit things ever. I can't even fucking win against one character because she dodges every single one of my attack and blocks everything and then combo's me to death. I'm surprised I have 218 titles. The A ranks are just bullshit.

Story - I don't even think I need to really comment on this, it's just bad.

Arcade - Even on fucking normal, the last 2 characters act like characters that are High B ranks/Low A ranks in Quick Battle. It's retarded. Then, Hard almost like fighting A ranks. Button input reading cheating assholes.

Characters - What the fuck is up with the stupid ass mimics? That's just fucking stupid. We don't need, or want, characters that switch shit up every round. That lazy and pointless.

Online - I don't play much online but from what I have played, it's just bullshit. People quit in the middle of the fight if they lose 1 round or are cheap bitches.

Legendary Souls - I get that it's supposed to be hard, but reading button inputs and stringing together nearly impossible combo's? Really? What the fuck? Blocks every single one of my attacks and I can't even fucking beat Kilik. I've won 2 or 3 rounds and one was because he fell off the edge after getting up, the others were extremely lucky but not in the same match.

My main complaint is the AI. If you're going to try and make hard AI, don't have it cheat, make it at least somewhat human.. I mean, seriously, some of the characters are almost unbeatable because of how cheap they are. The button reading is the stupidest things ever. That is just flat out fucking retarded. How lazy can you be?

I'm fucking mad. I've raged pretty hard at games but never to the point where I'm about to fucking explode like with this game. This game is just so much fucking bullshit.

The only thing about the game itself that bothered me was the story and how unnecessarily bad it was for the source material they had :(. The ai imo is perfect, fighting an a1 shouldn't be easy this is a fighting game alright.

Did you ever fight an A1 alphaPatroklos? the AI literally just spams the very same move all the fucking time. Did you fight Harada Tekken? He spams the same move almost the entire fight. Did you fight any of the strong Astaroths? All the do is to rush and grab you. Most do the rush only and nothing else.

LITERALLY. ONE MOVE SPAM AND NOTHING ELSE. IS THIS A GOOD AI FOR YOU?

I consider a good hard AI like that in UMVC3, SF4,...hell, any other fighting game. But this is just ass.