ODST $60 now.

ToXiCRalN

Halo 3 ODST may be a spin-off, but Microsoft wagers that enough content will be packed into the game's box to warrant a $59.99 price tag.

Bungie Studios has suggested that Halo 3 ODST won't be as long as Halo 3. So why will it run the cost of a full game?

Here's a list of the included content according to information released by Microsoft to the press today:

-Halo 3 ODST Campaign, which puts the player in control of different characters in New Mombasa during the events leading up to Halo 3.

-Halo 3 ODST "Firefight" mode, "a new cooperative multiplayer* mode where up to four players can assume the role of an ODST squad and fight together to take on increasingly challenging waves of enemies." Also: "As an ODST squad, you will face increasingly challenging waves of enemies together, striving to earn the highest scores possible, while various "Halo 3" "Skulls" are progressively activated." (It sounds to us like Gears of War 2's Horde mode.)

-Three new Halo 3 multiplayer maps on a standalone disc

-The more than 20 downloadable maps previously released for Halo 3 in the Legendary, Heroic and Mythic map packs.

-A key to the forthcoming multiplayer beta for the fall 2010 Bungie game Halo: Reach

Source: http://kotaku.com/5274549/halo-3-odst-priced-like-a-full-game-loaded-with-content

Count me out. I already own all those maps. I don't need to buy them AGAIN. Also, they sold the other map packs in Halo 3 (which also had 3 maps) for 800 points. Isn't that only 10 dollars? So, $29.99 + $10.00 = $60? WTF?

A new game mode doesn't justify a price jump either. That's like saying, "Hey, this game didn't have King of the Hill before, now it does! Price increase!" RE:5 already tried to make people pay for multiplayer. Lame.

I'm also quite sure that a beta key doesn't justify a price jump either.

Count me out. I already own all those maps. I don't need to buy them AGAIN. Also, they sold the other map packs in Halo 3 (which also had 3 maps) for 800 points. Isn't that only 10 dollars? So, $29.99 + $10.00 = $60? WTF?

A new game mode doesn't justify a price jump either. That's like saying, "Hey, this game didn't have King of the Hill before, now it does! Price increase!" RE:5 already tried to make people pay for multiplayer. Lame.

I'm also quite sure that a beta key doesn't justify a price jump either.

Agreed. Paying for maps that most Halo fans already own is just another way of Microsoft milking the loyal fans for every dollar their worth. Microsoft knows the fans will buy it so they figure why not increase it to normal pricing value. After this announcement I'm seriously doubting if I want to pay for a short-ish campaign, Firefight (which I was excited for), and a bunch of maps I already have, minus the three new ones.

Edited by crazy W01f 816

• 2 weeks later...