"Drum Roll, Please!" Succesfully Hit Question

THE VICER0Y

I've read the other topics about this achievement, but haven't seen this particular question answered in them.

Is there any way to know whether or not you've successfully "nailed a drum roll" during the song, like with some type of UI indicator right after the drum roll is over?

How many notes / percentage have to be hit to be considered a 'nailed' drum roll?

I've been trying the beginning of Low Rider & Walking on the Sun, but I play all the way through to the end on either song (with most of the notes of the drum roll hit) and don't get it. I am playing on Expert not as Pro Drums.

Thanks.

have you tried launching the song from the career goals menu? some goals will give you an on screen indicator of your progress when you are going for something like this.

i'm not sure if the drum roll goal/achievement is one of them, but it is worth checking.

also, since to get the drum roll, you have to hit all the notes WITHOUT any extra hits, you could look to see if you have your combo going still when you get out of the section and use that as an indicator.

--edit--

yeah, what blood said

I would imagine your multiplier would be the best bet, just look at what your multiplier was going into the roll and compare it to when you've finished the roll.

I'd personally ignore Low Rider when going for this, I can't remember what Walking on the Sun was like but Low Rider gives me fits with its rolls. Bohemian Rhapsody was the easiest one for me by quite a ways, though you have to wait a while to try again if you miss which can be annoying.

I tried doing it over the weekend. You'd know if you nailed it, you'll have a 3x multiplier. If you don't hit the pad fast enough you'll lose your streak at some point during the drum roll. Just play "Low Rider" on Expert and you'll see a drum roll right after the cowbell section (green notes). It's easy! :woop: