Wired vs Wireless Controller. Which do you pefer?

xI WARFARE

Wired or Wireless?  

396 members have voted

1. 1. Wired or Wireless?

• Wired
    • Wireless
    • Can't decide

I prefer wireless, the less wires the better, especially since my cat has a chewing habit, one of his favorite being wires, any kind of wire, his favorite is apple computer chargers. I have a container that I lock away my wired stuff in that I have to make sure I lock up every night. The other night that booger almost destroyed my external hard drive connecter/adapter/wire, I keep forgetting to put electrical tape on it. I'll do that now..!

Batteries / charging the thing is very annoying though, especially since I play way more than I used to.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

At first I was wireless all the way with a few rechargeable battery packs and a lost plug and play. Then after a while, with broken controllers, I started making new ones with other pieces and what not. I turned to a plug and play wireless controller instead of a normal wired controller, just so I have the choice between wired and or wireless. I have found a new trick of plugging my controllers into a wall outlet and playing Xbox this way, oh so so much more convenient and no cords all around the room at tripping height. I prefer Microsoft controllers then off brands, though I do work at RadioShack and we got a section for video games. Maybe will give those controllers a try. Just have to see, can't blame me a 15-20$ controller.

Edited by Prof Boom

• 2 weeks later...

When I initially changed from wired to wireless, I thought that they were great, however over time my wireless controllers have developed problems with "stick drift" i.e the cursor on the screen will either drift left or right without anyone touching the stick. I've had 3 controllers develop this problem over the last two years. My old white wired controller from 6 years ago still works perfectly, so has quality control at MS slipped...

Definitely wired. Played with both a wired and wireless and loved the wired more. Personally because my wireless controller's battery pack is the one where you can charge it, but now whenever I unplug it, it goes from full battery to dead in less than a minute. Plus I feel like I have more control with a wired one.

I prefer wireless with the play & charge kit - been using it for as long as I can remember and it works just as good as it did when I first bought it, which must be well over 5 years now. Fortunately the charge still lasts quite a while so I rarely have to plug it in.

Definitely wired. Played with both a wired and wireless and loved the wired more. Personally because my wireless controller's battery pack is the one where you can charge it, but now whenever I unplug it, it goes from full battery to dead in less than a minute. Plus I feel like I have more control with a wired one.

Sounds like you have a bad battery pack then.

I personally prefer the wired controller. Here's why:

1) No recharging. Ever.

2) They're cheaper to buy.

3) You don't disconnect the controller when you hit it against something by mistake.

4) Lighter.

5) I find that wired controllers have lasted longer than wireless ones.

6) You don't have to synch them.

7) They don't disconnect over time, so you can boost a game over night if you don't have another £20 for a plug and charge kit.

However some things I don't like about them are that limited edition designs often don't come in wired, the cables can get tangled and they can be annoying to plug in (Especially with my Slim)

Also every now and then when you get up out of your chair, you have your foot on the cable and when you stand up it launches the controller out of your hands and smashes it into the ground. Has anyone else done this? :p

Disclaimer: Sorry if there is already a thread on this, my search function doesn't work.

Yep, have to agree with this, most of my reasons for having a wired controller have been stated here. Plus nostalgic feel of wires on controllers.