Please read. Dont do what i did

HellCatNZ

In my excitement to get the new DLC i rushed to download it and downloaded the expensive one. I already have the black edition so i wasted MS points cos i was too hyped to read. Now i cant get the SW TFU DLC coming out on the 23rd. So please people this is a warning. READ BEFORE YOU BUY OR YOU WILL CRY

This happened to me too, only the other way around. I paid for just Sequence 13 and I wanted the tombs too. It sucks but I was just going to buy more points anyway, and it's only 300 some points I lost. Sometimes I'll buy the wrong food at the supermarket by mistake or something so I just look at it like that. I wish they wouldn't have done it the way they did, it is kind of misleading. I quickly downloaded the cheap one because I knew it would take awhile to download and I wanted to get it started, but oh well.

I think they should have mentioned it before people made that mistake by downloading the wrong one. Luckily I didn't have enough MSP's so I read each description to see what the difference was between the two. I think they should've released the Templar Lairs as 3 separate standalone DLC's since people who have the White Edition have the Santa Maria Dei Frar and those with the Master Assassin Edition has Palazzo Medici and Santa Maria Dei Frar from GameStop.

In my excitement to get the new DLC i rushed to download it and downloaded the expensive one. I already have the black edition so i wasted MS points cos i was too hyped to read. Now i cant get the SW TFU DLC coming out on the 23rd. So please people this is a warning. READ BEFORE YOU BUY OR YOU WILL CRY

Sorry about being a little off topic but what is this TFU DLC you speak of on the 23rd? Is that something new or are they releasing Hoth as DLC now?

Sorry about being a little off topic but what is this TFU DLC you speak of on the 23rd? Is that something new or are they releasing Hoth as DLC now?

It's Hoth as DLC.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4437-New-Star-Wars--TFU-Single-Player-Level-Available-on-XBL-Marketplace-Soon.html

Well part of the problem is the one they show on the dashboard is just the basic one. The only way to find the one with the secret locations is to go in to game add-ons and then find AS2. The dashboard advertisement just lists the basic Bonfire of the Vanities and The Battle of Forli.

This is exactly what happened to me and I only realized it today as I didn't even know there were two different versions. I bought the US collector's edition, so I have two of the three secret locations (I think, anyway), and there's no way I'm paying another $6 just for one more location.

Absolute BS that the dashboard link took everyone to cheaper one without any indication that there was another version.

I'm a lot more pissed about this than I should be, but at this point it's the principal of the thing.

This happened to me too, only the other way around. I paid for just Sequence 13 and I wanted the tombs too. It sucks but I was just going to buy more points anyway, and it's only 300 some points I lost. Sometimes I'll buy the wrong food at the supermarket by mistake or something so I just look at it like that. I wish they wouldn't have done it the way they did, it is kind of misleading. I quickly downloaded the cheap one because I knew it would take awhile to download and I wanted to get it started, but oh well.

Same here. I bought Sequence 13 without the extra maps last week, not knowing that there was also DLC for Sequence 13 with the maps. I already had two of the maps, but didn't know Shipyard was part of the DLC until this morning. If I would have known, I just would have got Sequence 13 with the maps last week and been done with it.:mad:

This is exactly what happened to me and I only realized it today as I didn't even know there were two different versions. I bought the US collector's edition, so I have two of the three secret locations (I think, anyway), and there's no way I'm paying another $6 just for one more location.

Absolute BS that the dashboard link took everyone to cheaper one without any indication that there was another version.

I'm a lot more pissed about this than I should be, but at this point it's the principal of the thing.

That is strange. When I clicked on the new releases section and then on the AC2 Add on it had them both one on top of the other. I just had to look at the discription to see the difference between them, but they were both one after the other with no other downloadable content to seperate them.

you guys know they did this on purpose right? think about it, it takes you to the cheap version for sequence 13, you download it even though it has no new achievements. they already know now that youre a big enough fan to want all the content, so what do they do? hide the version with the extra maps in hopes that youll redownload sequence 13 just for that. for every person who paid 320, then another 560, they basically just got handed $4 for nothing. complete BS.

you guys know they did this on purpose right? think about it, it takes you to the cheap version for sequence 13, you download it even though it has no new achievements. they already know now that youre a big enough fan to want all the content, so what do they do? hide the version with the extra maps in hopes that youll redownload sequence 13 just for that. for every person who paid 320, then another 560, they basically just got handed $4 for nothing. complete BS.

I think thats BS. If they really wanted to steal an extra few bucks then they would have only shown the expensive one and hoped everyone bought that, even the people who already had some or all of the hidden maps.

I don't think there are a lot of people who bought the cheap one, then saw the expensive one AND bought that one too.

But I agree the whole accessibility of the DLC was sloppy.

I'm not getting this, I downloaded it yesterday as forgot all about it being released afaik I have one tomb that I've to investigate. Now have I also been stroked or did I buy the right one and have basically all the dlc for this game?

Edit

Just realised I don't have part thats near where you kill the guy on the boat :(

Edited by trublustuuk

How are people not seeing both of the available downloads? It was very clear to me when I was looking to download this content that there were 2 different downloads. They were both very clear and easy to locate for me. It was simply a matter of reading the description for both to discern the difference between the two and then downloading the content that appealed to me. When you see two different prices for content do you not think to check them both out before just randomly downloading the content?

If you get all click happy and just download content without looking at what you are buying then I guess that is just too bad for you. You should have paid attention a little better. Chalk it up to a life experience and move on. Short of having a big blinking neon sign with your name on it telling you to look I really don't know what they could have done to make it easier for people. The two pieces were stacked right on top of each other as well as having 2 separate new content pieces with both DL's on both of them.

How are people not seeing both of the available downloads? It was very clear to me when I was looking to download this content that there were 2 different downloads. They were both very clear and easy to locate for me. It was simply a matter of reading the description for both to discern the difference between the two and then downloading the content that appealed to me. When you see two different prices for content do you not think to check them both out before just randomly downloading the content?

If you get all click happy and just download content without looking at what you are buying then I guess that is just too bad for you. You should have paid attention a little better. Chalk it up to a life experience and move on. Short of having a big blinking neon sign with your name on it telling you to look I really don't know what they could have done to make it easier for people. The two pieces were stacked right on top of each other as well as having 2 separate new content pieces with both DL's on both of them.

This. Honesty, if you end up losing money because you weren't paying attention then it's your fault, and your fault alone.

• 1 month later...

I read a post on Joystiq, I think, making it clear that there were two different versions before I bought it.

and even then I kept comparing the two just to be on the safe side, since I never have a ton of MS points to risk throwing any away.