What would you be willing to pay for the next Xbox?

Stormy2k

What would you be willing to pay for the new Xbox?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. What would you be willing to pay for the new Xbox?

• £199.99 - £299.99
    • £299.99 - £399.99
    • £399.99 - £499.99
    • £499.99+

So with the next Xbox looking likely to be a late realease in 2013, maybe Q4, how much would you be prepeared to pay for the new console, either at launch or post launch?

Please use the poll above (Whoops, forgot $'s, sorry).

I'd be happy paying anything upto £499.99 personally.

Edited by Stormy2k

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say a maximum of $500, so I voted £299.99 to £399.99. Anything above that is ludicrous in my opinion, and Sony learned that lesson the hard way charging $600+ for the PS3 when it first came out. Obviously they'd be stupid to set the price low to begin with because it would be harder to make a profit, but there's a limit to how much people are willing to pay even for the newest and greatest thing.

Stormy, I can't believe you'd be willing to pay almost $800 for a new Xbox! That's crazy.

EDIT: Careful with that poll. I know you can't edit it, but I have to imagine plenty of Americans are going to vote on your poll thinking it's $ instead of £.

Depends on a few things.

-Full B/C with all 360 games and ALL digital content.

-Huge HDD (I'd like 1TB, but would settle for anything 500gb or more)

Those are my two huge concerns. There is talk about a blu-ray, which would help justify the purchase as well. Most I'd pay for a launch day system is $500 if it meets those requirement, and includes a kinect 2.0.

Will depend on a few things.. I know for fact i will NOT buy another console in this day and age with a DVD9 drive installed.. if they come up with a format outta their ass that can hold at least 25GBs.. then we might be in business.

+Needs a Blu Ray Drive

+Good Quality Hardware

+Rechargeable Battery in Remotes

+Simultaneous Release of Digital and Retail Games

+ANY 1TB hard drives can be installed (not bought from MS)

The last 2 may or may not determine me buying the next MS console.. but i certainly want them!

But if everything i want is met.. id certainly give 400 dollars.. probably more.. I know i can get alot of money on ebay for all these shitty Xbox 360 consoles i own..

I would say a maximum of $500, so I voted £299.99 to £399.99. Anything above that is ludicrous in my opinion, and Sony learned that lesson the hard way charging $600+ for the PS3 when it first came out. Obviously they'd be stupid to set the price low to begin with because it would be harder to make a profit, but there's a limit to how much people are willing to pay even for the newest and greatest thing.

Stormy, I can't believe you'd be willing to pay almost $800 for a new Xbox! That's crazy.

EDIT: Careful with that poll. I know you can't edit it, but I have to imagine plenty of Americans are going to vote on your poll thinking it's $ instead of £.

^^ Pretty much this. I wouldn't be willing to pay anymore.

I put in the £299- £399 range. Seems about accurate. I could stomach paying a bit more than I did for my 360, but only as long as a few things happen:

-Backwards compatibility that actually works

-Blu-Ray

-Removing the need to format USB drives just to use them for storage

This can all be packed in for around £350. I'm sure of it. Now it's up to Microsoft to do it, though I can wait until 2014 easily. The Kinect was supposed to extend the life of the 360 by five years; those 5 should be without a new console coming out.

Tough to say. The only people who would vote are basically buying an Xbox because it's an Xbox.

I'm going to wait and see what the PS4 (presumably named) has to offer, versus the next Xbox.

I'm keeping my options open. If Microsoft really pushes more Kinect garbage, it will steer me more towards the PS4.

I put in the £299- £399 range. Seems about accurate. I could stomach paying a bit more than I did for my 360, but only as long as a few things happen:

-Backwards compatibility that actually works

-Blu-Ray

-Removing the need to format USB drives just to use them for storage

This can all be packed in for around £350. I'm sure of it. Now it's up to Microsoft to do it, though I can wait until 2014 easily. The Kinect was supposed to extend the life of the 360 by five years; those 5 should be without a new console coming out.

Pretty much this.

Forgot to say what I want to see:

Blu-Ray (If it doesn't have it than that's fine, but it probably will)

No RROD or anything similar (probably will)

Disk drive similar to Wii(U)/PS3 (Just a personal preference on my part)

Huge Harddrive (Seriously, why put 4GB on some of the Slim Models this late? I'm expecting a lot of space on the hard drive if it's B/C with 360, WHICH IT BETTER BE)

Transfer Gamertag/data

No batteries on controllers, only rechargeable (like PS3)

Bundled with a good headset/Able to use current 360 headset (that would be great)

Bundled with 2 controllers (most people end up buying a separate one, anyway)

All of this could easily make it no more than $400. Also, I got my Xbox in December 2010, so no rush for me to buy a new Xbox. I'd say the end of 2013/Early 2014 would be a good time to release it. If there was no Kinect/Slim than this year would be a good time, but oh well. :p

Hmmm, I really don't know.

It depends on a lot of things I guess. What does it come with, are there different models available, what can be transferred from the 360, etc.

I think MS learned (or should have learned) a valuable lesson from Sony having such a high price on the initial release of the PS3. That was way to expensive.

My gut says right around the $400-$450 range in USD. But even then I would really have to justify that.

$600 US. I'm not sure if I'm getting whatever microsoft puts out though. I usually pick one system as my main one and get the other when it drops in price. I'll wait and see when it gets closer to launch. If microsoft does another proprietary and doesn't let me purchase things without having to do points then I'll probably lean towards whatever sony puts out.

Also if my arcade games are compatible with the new system then that will give me less of a reason to get the next one. I don't care about backwards compatibility for the disc just the arcade games.