Ian Watkins Pleads Guilty to Child Sex

swatnflyz

My child was abused by a family member and I wanted to kill him.

I can see your argument but I also see Felonius' as well. In my case, it wasn't a family member who was abused - it was me. For 8 years I suffered every kind of torture you can conceive of. Yes, I purposely use the word "torture" rather than "abuse." Want to know why?

* If I caught a glimpse of the TV, I'd be beaten upside the head with the buckle end of my stepmom's belt and locked in a closet for the rest of the day.

* If my stepmom even heard a rumor that I was talking to another kid, true or not, I'd be beaten upside the head with that same belt and locked in my room for at least a week, sometimes a month.

* Regarding the above, there was a rule that I was NOT to talk to other kids and wasn't allowed to have friends. No friends coming to dad's house, no going over to another kid's house.

* If I cleaned my room and my stepmom thought a single item was a hair out of place, again, beaten upside the head and locked in the room.

* Asking for seconds of anything at a meal was cause for severe punishment. No extra food or drink, period. If I finished my drink before my food and wanted more, tough.

* If I DID ask for seconds, if I was caught within 5 feet of the pantry, or if I accidentally brushed against the refrigerator door, I'd be beaten and then starved for 2 days.

That's not even close to everything that happened and not even the worst. Those things I won't share with anyone until I've known them for a long time.

One thing I'm fascinated about is the much-publicized suicides of former sports stars who suffered many concussions. I must have had at least one concussion a month between the ages of 5 to 13, and I first attempted suicide when I was 11. Hell, I attempted more than 20 times between the ages of 11 and 27 (my last attempt). To this day I suffer from extreme depressive spells, diagnosed bipolar, and am sometimes so incapacitated with depression that I have to take medical leave. Whether or not these issues were the result of the beatings or concussions isn't something I'll ever know, but I can't rule it out as a very big possibility.

What I know DID result from the abuse surrounding food is that it's responsible for the many bouts of anorexia I've suffered throughout the years. At my lowest, I was 93 pounds, and I'm only half an inch from being 6' tall.

So despite the loads of shit I described above, I tried hard to forgive my stepmom (and my dad for never stepping in). For 20 years I forgave, then they hurt me, I forgave, then they hurt me, and so on. Feeling hatred for them only means that they won, they got control of me. I'd be welcoming their destructive influence on the life I lead now, so I don't let myself become mired in hatred or anger. There have been times that I wanted to do great harm to them for what they did to me, but I always release those impulses through extreme self-injury. Now I do what I can not to have those feelings at all, simply for my own safety.

I know my life will never be normal because of what they did, but I can try to make it as normal as possible. Part of that is accepting my anger when I feel it, another part (the hardest) is not slipping into violent mood swings when something in my environment takes me right back to the worst days.

The last time I saw anyone on my dad's side of the family was Thanksgiving of 2010. Something so vulgar and ugly happened at the dinner table that I stormed off and only made 4 more attempts to contact them over the following 7 months. They never returned my calls and haven't called me either. I knew it was over when they didn't even call on my birthday in 2011. Sometimes I miss them, but I know my life is better off without my abusers in it.

So yeah, point of this massive post is that I totally understand the vitriol directed toward sicks fucks like this singer. At the same time, I also understand the value of letting go of those negative feelings in order to remain at peace, and trying not disturb the peace of others with my reactions.

Life after abuse is incomprehensible to those who haven't lived through it themselves. In regard to this thread's topic, I feel sadness and sympathy for his victims because I know what abuse is like from personal experience. Toward the perpetrator, I feel nothing. He's not worth a single ounce of my mental energy.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then...things have seemed to have gotten heated in here.

OT: That cat is beyond fucking crazy. Dude, a baby? Forreal? Jesus, does anyone not know how to fap anymore? He'll get what he deserves and some. As for the mothers and Pants, my condolences go out to you. I'd be in jail for what I would have done if any of my children had that happen. (Probably would have gone all black dahlia on them, who knows? My apologizes if humor isn't helping, just trying to lighten up the mood in this thread.)

Felonious, big words don't automatically make you right. I have an English major and I can thesaurus the shit out of an argument as well, but that's not going to make me right either. Fact is, you point blank called me a pedophile because I want someone who has engaged in the act dead. That is wrong. As for empathy? I have plenty (I work with cancer patients, including pediatrics), but for these people? Absolutely not. They gave up that right.

Bunny, very sorry to hear about your situation, and I understand the merits of forgiveness, but that is not what Felonious is preaching. She is claiming that if you want someone dead because of their acts, it is because deep down, you also want to do those acts. Again, brutally wrong.

I wish I could forgive the person who hurt my daughter but I am not that good of a person, I guess. I don't think they deserve to live, but at least they got the legal form of justice if not what I would consider to be the moral form.

Edited by The Pants Party

Hmm, well, I certainly don't have any skeletons in my closet relevant to the nature of this thread. However, I say that death is a bit too much...

Death is an easy way out. Eternal sleep away from the pain, suffering, and future ill will to be imposed on this rapist.

My suggestion? Eye for an eye: This guy needs to be raped. And not the 'put on the Barry White, and cover you up in lube' type of rape. I'm talking about utilizing a splintered broom handle, with extensive medical personal on stand-by to keep him alive long enough to truly feel what his victims felt.

Is my violent proposal the effect of past victimization? I would say no, I had a great childhood, fortunate enough to be spared from people like this guy. However, throw me on the couch, and contact a Freudian ancestor if need be, it matters little to me. My hatred, or wishing for terrible things to this guy doesn't stem from a lack of empathy, in fact, it's quite the opposite. It's because feel an abundant amount of empathy that I mention my gross retribution... empathy for the victims, and their families.

Everyone has a choice. He made his.

Felonious, big words don't automatically make you right. I have an English major and I can thesaurus the shit out of an argument as well, but that's not going to make me right either.

I've got words I use; I'm not saying because I use them it makes me more qualified, only that I'm trying to best narrow down and leave as much ambiguity out of the conversation, saving us some wasted time.

My point is that I'm surrounded by this bullshit:

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2013/07/29/killing-sex-offenders-the-apparent-hypocrisy-of-crew-41-2/

I don't see my psychologist for another month, but I'll get some verification as to the phenomenon I'm suggesting. It's a thing.

I wish I could forgive the person who hurt my daughter but I am not that good of a person, I guess.

Whoa buddy. I'm not even asking that of anyone because even in violation of everything I'm taught in Christianity, I refuse to do it for a large chunk of people.

Something being "a thing" and blanketing every person you meet with that label are, again, completely different things. You said you were never ever (x100?) wrong about this. That's ridiculous. You're wrong right now and, frankly, most of the time. Maybe my feelings on this mean I have an anger problem, but certainly not that I harbor some deep-seeded pedophilia.

Also, having a psychologist doesn't make you one.

I can see your argument but I also see Felonius' as well. In my case, it wasn't a family member who was abused - it was me. For 8 years I suffered every kind of torture you can conceive of. Yes, I purposely use the word "torture" rather than "abuse." Want to know why?

* If I caught a glimpse of the TV, I'd be beaten upside the head with the buckle end of my stepmom's belt and locked in a closet for the rest of the day.

* If my stepmom even heard a rumor that I was talking to another kid, true or not, I'd be beaten upside the head with that same belt and locked in my room for at least a week, sometimes a month.

* Regarding the above, there was a rule that I was NOT to talk to other kids and wasn't allowed to have friends. No friends coming to dad's house, no going over to another kid's house.

* If I cleaned my room and my stepmom thought a single item was a hair out of place, again, beaten upside the head and locked in the room.

* Asking for seconds of anything at a meal was cause for severe punishment. No extra food or drink, period. If I finished my drink before my food and wanted more, tough.

* If I DID ask for seconds, if I was caught within 5 feet of the pantry, or if I accidentally brushed against the refrigerator door, I'd be beaten and then starved for 2 days.

That's not even close to everything that happened and not even the worst. Those things I won't share with anyone until I've known them for a long time.

One thing I'm fascinated about is the much-publicized suicides of former sports stars who suffered many concussions. I must have had at least one concussion a month between the ages of 5 to 13, and I first attempted suicide when I was 11. Hell, I attempted more than 20 times between the ages of 11 and 27 (my last attempt). To this day I suffer from extreme depressive spells, diagnosed bipolar, and am sometimes so incapacitated with depression that I have to take medical leave. Whether or not these issues were the result of the beatings or concussions isn't something I'll ever know, but I can't rule it out as a very big possibility.

What I know DID result from the abuse surrounding food is that it's responsible for the many bouts of anorexia I've suffered throughout the years. At my lowest, I was 93 pounds, and I'm only half an inch from being 6' tall.

So despite the loads of shit I described above, I tried hard to forgive my stepmom (and my dad for never stepping in). For 20 years I forgave, then they hurt me, I forgave, then they hurt me, and so on. Feeling hatred for them only means that they won, they got control of me. I'd be welcoming their destructive influence on the life I lead now, so I don't let myself become mired in hatred or anger. There have been times that I wanted to do great harm to them for what they did to me, but I always release those impulses through extreme self-injury. Now I do what I can not to have those feelings at all, simply for my own safety.

I know my life will never be normal because of what they did, but I can try to make it as normal as possible. Part of that is accepting my anger when I feel it, another part (the hardest) is not slipping into violent mood swings when something in my environment takes me right back to the worst days.

The last time I saw anyone on my dad's side of the family was Thanksgiving of 2010. Something so vulgar and ugly happened at the dinner table that I stormed off and only made 4 more attempts to contact them over the following 7 months. They never returned my calls and haven't called me either. I knew it was over when they didn't even call on my birthday in 2011. Sometimes I miss them, but I know my life is better off without my abusers in it.

So yeah, point of this massive post is that I totally understand the vitriol directed toward sicks fucks like this singer. At the same time, I also understand the value of letting go of those negative feelings in order to remain at peace, and trying not disturb the peace of others with my reactions.

Life after abuse is incomprehensible to those who haven't lived through it themselves. In regard to this thread's topic, I feel sadness and sympathy for his victims because I know what abuse is like from personal experience. Toward the perpetrator, I feel nothing. He's not worth a single ounce of my mental energy.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, truly.

OT: There are some crazy psychopaths out there. BUT, there is more good than evil.

Holy shit, this thread imploded...

Im sorry to hear about the personal grievances that have been mentioned in the thread, and i had no intention for what i said earlier to have escalated this far.

But.

"He's likely not going to be out amongst people again" Take this from someone who actually lives in the UK; He will be out of prison in under 20 years. I can guarantee that for you, right now. Yes, he will be constantly monitored by government agencies and such, but even if there is the slightest chance of him repeating his crimes... to your child, i believe you would feel like Pants does and to say what you have said, is ludicrous.

This type of crime in unforgivable and i wholeheartedly agree with what Pants has said.

Haven't listened to lost profits since like forever, I used to really like them and probably could quite easily still enjoy their music. It's very surprising to hear this terrible news, I just hope that the rest of the band can continue to have decent lives despite being slandered by this nonce. And that the victims can have closure and live normal lives again.

Something being "a thing" and blanketing every person you meet with that label are, again, completely different things. You said you were never ever (x100?) wrong about this. That's ridiculous.

That's my viewpoint stemming from the thing. I've not met you, I don't have any dealings with you, the opinions you share on the internet are likely opinions that within five minutes of conversation with someone you'd run away from at top speed, the amount of degrees it takes to go from "I'd kill that son of a bitch" to "I just feel very strongly that something should be done about this."

You're wrong right now and, frankly, most of the time.
That's just petty.

Maybe my feelings on this mean I have an anger problem, but certainly not that I harbor some deep-seeded pedophilia.
The desire to victimize does stem from the same root.

Also, having a psychologist doesn't make you one.
I never said I was.

"He's likely not going to be out amongst people again" Take this from someone who actually lives in the UK; He will be out of prison in under 20 years. I can guarantee that for you, right now. Yes, he will be constantly monitored by government agencies and such, but even if there is the slightest chance of him repeating his crimes... to your child, i believe you would feel like Pants does and to say what you have said, is ludicrous.

Well, I have no confidence in government either way, but the punishment plus lifetime community supervision is appropriate given that they also complete a rehabilitation program while in prison.

As for my own retribution towards people, no. No thanks. They're better suited for a civil suit with restitution and a fine intended for programs to assist other victims of abuse that aren't tied in with their immediate cases.

There's no way I'd want to be locked in a room with my dad and a broom handle, like the suggestion for punishment offered up above. He'd like it too much. It'd be a nuclear bomb of ammunition in his passive aggressive war against me.

Edited by Felonious Monk

I don't see my psychologist for another month, but I'll get some verification as to the phenomenon I'm suggesting. It's a thing.

What you're describing is entirely Freudian.

You're primarily talking about sublimation, which is the channeling of sexual energy into a nonsexual activity that's usually creative in nature. Since everything in Freud is based on sex and aggression - with aggression often arising from unfulfilled sexual energy - the way you're talking about people who write angry responses describes, in part, the defense mechanism of sublimation.

In this case, the authors of aggressive posts have well-functioning Egos and Superegos. The Id demands immediate satisfaction through acting on its self-generated impulses, damn the consequences. Superego suppresses destructive Id impulses - such as actually murdering someone - because it's against the rules and values of our culture, which rules we internalize during our formative years and which comprise entire basis of our Superegos.

Not all is rosy, however. The Superego simply blocks the Id's demands, and Id drives act like an ever-filling toilet tank. If the water level reaches a critical height without the toilet being flushed, the water will overflow and cause a mess. The human equivalent of this would be akin to putting a flaming bag of shit on someone's doorstep, an action caused by a failure to stop a destructive Id urge because the individual's Superego suppressed Id urges for too long. Remember, Superego's primary function IS to suppress Id urges. However, If you can't flush the ever-running toilet of Id, the tank will continue spilling Id all over the place.

This is where the Ego comes in. Ego acts as a mediator between Id and Superego, finding ways to provide an outlet for the efflux of Id energy in such a way that the Superego also finds acceptable. Ego's hand is always on the toilet's flush lever so that it can resolve constipating Id-Superego clashes before an individual unleashes an Id impulse in a socially unacceptable way. This process is essential to sublimation.

Putting it all together, people who are WRITING to express their anger and their desires for retaliation against another probably have unfulfilled sexual impulses (a.k.a., Id urges) that demand release. A story such as the one at the heart of this thread stirs those sexual Id urges into an aggressive form that the Superego will repress with 100% efficiency in those who successfully developed a fully functioning Superego in childhood. This is dangerous (recall the overflowing toilet analogy) and so the Ego utilizes sublimation to channel those Id urges into the creative activity of writing. Writing allows one to release the Id urges ("flushing the toilet") via venting. This discharge of urges makes Id happy. Writing is also culturally acceptable and so the activity satisfies the Superego as well.

This is only a basic explanation that doesn't take into consideration two more defense mechanisms that have been alluded to in this thread: projection and reaction formation. Look those up if you're morbidly curious. I'm sick of typing. :D

(BTW, I've studied a metric shit-ton of Freud despite the fact that I think he was full of that same metric shit-ton. I don't actually believe in a word I just wrote - so please don't think I was accusing you all of sexual frustration!) ;)

Edited by Ten Foot Bunny

Maybe my feelings on this mean I have an anger problem, but certainly not that I harbor some deep-seeded pedophilia.
The crux of Monk's entire argument is a false projection from a place of authority where none actually exist outside of her own head. It'd be comical if not for the curious nature of the her charge.

How are you any better than those you want dead?

smh

Being a paedophile is no different from being gay, both are sexual orientations. I'm sure if he raped a gay man no one would really care. Should he of raped a baby? Maybe not but paedophiles should be accepted in society just as gays are.

Get the fuck out.

I know this is your attempt at 'trolling' but go fuck yourself. What you've just said is sick.

Pants, please do the honors...

Being a paedophile is no different from being gay, both are sexual orientations. I'm sure if he raped a gay man no one would really care. Should he of raped a baby? Maybe not but paedophiles should be accepted in society just as gays are.

Holy fucking shit.

Babies are defenseless you dickhead.

Being gay is a choice. Being raped is not...

I really hope this is bad wording and you're not saying being gay is a choice...

Ha, i'm feeling good for a debate. However, If I said my views on this site, and I have before. I can tell you probably wouldn't like me very much, and I may get an infraction.

[spoiler=ID]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9b/Republicanlogo.svg/220px-Republicanlogo.svg.png

Edited by Foxxy kyle

I'm not diagnosing anyone, I'm making an observation.

But since you say I'm wrong most of the time, you should find vindication in that.

You said flat out "you have these feelings against pedophiles, therefor you are a pedophile too." That is a diagnosis. You are not observing the fact that someone likes children and then coming to the obvious conclusion they are a pedophile. That would be an observation. You are taking one feeling someone has and giving them the diagnosis of a depraved sexual disorder.

Get the fuck out.

I know this is your attempt at 'trolling' but go fuck yourself. What you've just said is sick.

Pants, please do the honors...

Done.

Holy fucking shit.

Babies are defenseless you dickhead.

Being gay is a choice. Being raped is not...

I'm assuming you mean having consensual gay sex is a choice. Being gay is not a choice, though you can choose to ignore those feelings and pretend to be straight, I suppose.