I know this game is awesome, but be HONEST...BUY or RENT?

thenixhex311

Batman: Arkham Asylum. Rent or Buy?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Batman: Arkham Asylum. Rent or Buy?

• Hell yeah, buy this game, its awesome! Sell it down the road
    • Wait for it to come from Gamesuck and then enjoy!
    • Go to Bbuster and rent it (will take about a week to 1000 it)
    • Other?

Ive played the demo, and since then my stupid freakin Xbox RROD'.

I've been without about a week now (driving me CRAZY!!!) considering ive just bought 2 new games, preordered 2 more (GH5/NHL 10) and have a new gamefly (well scratch 'new' from that...but thats another story/gamesuck rant...)

I know this game is awesome and I can't wait to play it. Those of you that have, that have 1000'ed it, beat it, whatever...is it WORTH buying? Gamesuck will probably take 2 months to send this to me, as they never send new releases within a reasonable timeframe.

Would it just be worth it to rent it from Blockbuster, etc. take a week and play it through, or buy the game and then sell it. I cant see it as being a 'replay-value' type game, but I also dont want to wait 2 months to get it and finally get to play it either.

Whaddya think?

This game is awesome and all, but I'd say rent. I'm on my 5th day with it and about to 1000 it, and afterwards there isn't much to come back to. There's no new game+ to speak of which sucks.

I honestly don't know why people are complaining about the lack of a new game+ mode. Like I said in my first post, this game is just like Legend of Zelda, or even Metroid; it's an adventure game.

If LoZ had a new game+ mode, the game would be absolutely broken. You'd be able to access the entire game from the get-go. That's not the point. You're supposed to gain access to previously blocked passages or areas with items you obtain, not earning from the very beginning.

I honestly don't know why people are complaining about the lack of a new game+ mode. Like I said in my first post, this game is just like Legend of Zelda, or even Metroid; it's an adventure game.

If LoZ had a new game+ mode, the game would be absolutely broken. You'd be able to access the entire game from the get-go. That's not the point. You're supposed to gain access to previously blocked passages or areas with items you obtain, not earning from the very beginning.

New game+ is meant to be broken and fun, this game would go great with it. I do see how certain things would make it hard to prevent players from beating the game immediatly, I'd be fine with allowing you to have all upgrades from the start, but still not being able to use items until you get them, then there wouldn't be as big an issue with it. Or some kind of super hard difficulty where you always have bombs and gargoyles and such, just something to come back to.

Zelda games are a lot longer than this lasted, so it isn't really an issue there for me. Plus you can always do a personal challenge with them and do 3 heart runs.

Buy it...its a fun game, I can sit down for hours playing challenges...plus *SPOILER*

Killer Croc lives and a number 2 is pretty obvious...

I rented it from Gamefly(they shipped it the day before it came out). If you can't wait for the game, buy it and then sell it later. But, if you can stand to wait, rent it. The game is amazing though=] On a side note--I noticed you said you said they never send new releases to you early, I haven't had that problem at all, basically as long as it's in my gameQ, they send the new releases out the day before they go on sale.

As great as it is, it's too short to justify a purchase. The only reason I bought it was because of the giftcard deal at Toysrus plus I had a $15 giftcard to spend. I'll end up reselling the game when I'm done but without that deal I probably would have waited until it was much cheaper. Great game but it's over too quick.

I rented it from Gamefly(they shipped it the day before it came out). If you can't wait for the game, buy it and then sell it later. But, if you can stand to wait, rent it. The game is amazing though=] On a side note--I noticed you said you said they never send new releases to you early, I haven't had that problem at all, basically as long as it's in my gameQ, they send the new releases out the day before they go on sale.

Yeha, I absolutely HATE gamefly. Ive been a member for a few years now, just due to the fact that there arent really any other viable options to rent games methinks.

What jacks me too, is this whole 'we added a distribution center in pittsburgh, pa bullshit' I live 30 minutes from downtown and it still takes them 3 days to recieve games from me and around the same time to get games. I cant tell you how many times ive checked my queue to see a game 'near' the top (NEVER, EVER top game) say 'Available Now' only to have them send me, no lie, a game like 20-something on my list. My one buddy says 'make sure you only have a couple games on your list, that way they HAVE to send you what you want!' I've tried that too, and have gone 1-2 weeks without them sending me anything.

I've tried coordinating my returns with possibly top of queue releases and that dont work either. Maybe I'm spoiled by Netflix, but I would absolutely LOVE to see Netflix or Xbox for that matter somehow implement a rental system for games as well. Put these bastards out of business.

whew.

Sorry for the rant...between them and my xbox RRoD'ing last week I'm itchin for some gamin'

:Bounce:

On the original topic, I'd love to buy this, I LOVED the demo, I just have a hard time spending 53-60 bucks (or less with those deals, i know...) for a game that doesnt have much of a replay value IMO.

Games like Gears, NHL, Guitar Hero's, etc. Where I can play them til the disc wears out, thats up my alley, unless I thuroughly enjoy a game. Scratch that for that matter, I love the Tiger Woods games, buy them and end up selling them shortly after as well. Same goes with Madden. I think I had Madden a week before I ebayed it. LOL

I'm grateful I've rented, really wanted to buy after reading everything about this. After 3 days, I'm 655, thinking I can get the rest of the achievements in a few hours. Really fun game, didn't need any help until Riddler stuff. Awesome game would love more like it, but for now it's a rent, even though I want to contribute to more like this game. This is a 9+ for sure. Great game

I bought it, and I don't plan on selling this game. The challenges offer lots of replayability but I know I'll replay the story again. It plays out like an episode of Batman: The Animated Series except you're in control. Mind you, I'm a die-hard Mavel Comic fan and Spider-Man is my favorite Super Hero of all time. So coming from a Marvel Comic fan, this means something, haha. This is the best super hero videogame to ever come down the pike. Buy it, dude, you won't regret it.