Nokia Lumia Icon Question

jeffyy pop

Hey all im looking for some advice. I really want the new HTC ONE M8 but im going to have to wait on it. In the mean time I have a friend who will sell me his Nokia Lumia Icon. does anyone on these forums have or have used a Icon. I mostly hear about the numbered version of the nokia wp series. I currently use an HTC 8x and have a few questions if anyone can help answer.

1. overall how would you rate the phone and if you own it or used one for a long period maybe list a couple pros and cons? if your familiar with the HTC 8x maybe give an example of how big of a step up from the 8x the icon is?

2. where in the nokia WP line does the ICON fit in? im pretty much asking how new it is or when it might of been relessed. (ill be using it on Verizon).

3. I was checking specs on nokia .com ant it says this in the storage section:

• User data storage: In device
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Mass memory: 32 GB
  • Free cloud storage: 7 GB

I just wanna know if it has a micro sd slot. only problem ive had with my 8x is the storage issue.

that's about it not too much I wanna know and ill prolly get it anyway I was just wanting to know a few things.

THANKS

Edited by jeffy x360a

I got an icon a few months ago, it is great. I owned an 8x before and it is a huge improvement. It has a bigger screen and like twice the storage. Unfortunately there's no sd slot, which has been the case for all 3 verizon windows phones I've owned. The icon is also known as the 929, which I think may currently be the best windows phone for verizon users.

I currently have 68 games installed, about 500 pictures, 25 installed apps, a ton of pre installed apps and I have 500mb unused so it's almost all gone. It is the best windows phone I've owned so the only negative is that since it's so loaded up when I turn the screen on sometimes it takes like 10 seconds. The games don't really lag or anything for me.

THANKS Braiiins!!!

will I was going to buy my buddies but my wife got approved for 2 lines through Verizon. I got the white icon and she got the older galaxy s4. she uses a old as LG g2x p999 or something so the galaxy s4 is like going from a pinto to a Cadillac. and the best part is.....GOODBYE PREPAID!!!! we got shared 4gig but I usually just turn my data off cause I'm home more so she can use most of that 4gigs!!

anyway again thanks Braiiins. I'm watching for FedEx...!!! only bad thing is I'll have to either keep my 8x for a while or break down and rush to finish the last achievement in final fantasy... it's the only important save I got. thanks again

You're welcome.

You might want to keep the 8x just in case you run out of space. A backup is always good for the smaller arcade games that are only a few mb. I still have a wp 7 with some games/exclusives. Wish I had my 8x still to hold a bunch of games. I need to delete a bunch of games I haven't started though to clear space and maybe have it run a tad faster.