Bulletstorm 2 (SPOILERS)

ODST Kayne

First off, if the title of the thread hasn't given it away, or maybe even common sense....

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS

Ok then to continue on, this is a thread meant to discuss the end of the game, more specifically the post-credits conversation you hear between General Sarrano and Ishi. I beat the game on Very Hard, so maybe this conversation doesn't happen on lower difficulties, but if you watch the credits the whole way through, you'll hear a conversation basically stating that Gen. Serrano is alive, and so is Ishi.....although he doesn't sounds very happy. This, coupled with the actual ending of the game between Trish and Gray means there will be a Bulletstorm 2, or at least they wanted to leave it open. Given the games success, I don't see why they wouldn't make a second one though. What did you guys think?

Epic have been clever with the ending. They know Gears is coming to a close so they are looking for a new IP to keep them going. I don't think Bulletstorm will have anywhere near the same success as Gears but they still need something to call their own (they can't live on Unreal Tournament forever).

Personally, I would love to see a second one. The thing about Bulletstorm is that it goes to the very core of what gaming should be - Fun. Other games, specifically FPS's have become so competitive (Yes Bungie & Treyarch/Infinity Ward, I'm looking at you) & 'elitest' that there just not fun anymore. The ending has left it open for them in case they wanted to make another one, and I can't see why they wouldn't.

I agree Earpy. The ending and this game alone was excellent and just, everything was great! I was thinking the same thing when the game ended and I made sure I paid attention to the conversation between the General and Ishi. I hope there is a second game. As soon as I got this in my hands, I played the campaign until I beat it and now I am trying out Anarchy and Echo. Back on topic, I really think this game will have much success and so would a sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

im also hoping for a number two but i dont see how the story will work. The drop pods were on the planet from project anarchy, so i dont see how they could work that into the next one. I'm leaning towards a dlc story such as epic did with gears 2. Either way I think everyone wants more Bulletstorm.

No more forced than 90% of the movies out there.

which is why 90% of the movies don't make a very high ranking of good movies. Still forced and not super-great, although the game was good.

OT I would love to see a bulletstorm 2 just because I want to see them improve this one. tbh I found that 131 skillshots wore off fast, and I KNOW how much work goes in to creating a game and the skillshots, etc. but I think there should be way more. I also think they should make the points system a little bit more incorporated. I just ended up flaring/thumping/drilling a bunch of enemies over and over and getting tons of points even on Very Hard.

I'd like to see more weapons, better facial/general animation and just general improvements. That being said it's a very fun game and quite interesting too :)

I personally thought the end of the game was great! One thing that I noticed is that they ended it letting us know that the story wasn't over and did anyone else pick up on something? I believe that if there is a Bulletstorm sequel, it will be cooperative- one player a Trish- one as Gray. Then again they may not make it cooperative, but there was a big demand of cooperative play, and, not to mention they can create a ton of more skillshots for the campaign.

--- just my thoughts.

I'd love to see a bulletstorm 2, though maybe with co-op campaign (like gears had) anarchy's fun but if you could play gray/trish(or ishi/sarrano) or some other mix I would be a fan. Also, curious to see how much DLC they are planning with one already announced I'm wondering where in the story line they'll fill

Epic have been clever with the ending. They know Gears is coming to a close so they are looking for a new IP to keep them going. I don't think Bulletstorm will have anywhere near the same success as Gears but they still need something to call their own (they can't live on Unreal Tournament forever).

Bulletstorm was produced by People Can Fly, not Epic. Epic published the game, that's it. They otherwise didn't have much, if anything, to do with the game's production. They can hardly call it "their own".

Either way, there is going to be Bulletstorm 2: Shitstorm, or something.

Oh yah, walk away and have a heart to heart with Trishka while your arch nemesis is still breathing...like leaving James Bond alone over a devious mechanism of certain death but with all his gadgets. You just know he's going to live LOL!!! Just put a bullet or five in his head already.

Either way, there is going to be Bulletstorm 2: Shitstorm, or something.

Oh yah, walk away and have a heart to heart with Trishka while your arch nemesis is still breathing...like leaving James Bond alone over a devious mechanism of certain death but with all his gadgets. You just know he's going to live LOL!!! Just put a bullet or five in his head already.

LOL. Too true. And the "God is dead" bit...they can't possibly leave Bulletstorm there. I'd rage if they did.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not even close BTW. Gears isnt going anywhere bet on it

• 2 weeks later...