Fitness rubbish

Corrupt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really, I'm worried that the achievements will be too easy, and then I'll have no motivation to continue. Although, looking at the achievements for Dance Central, another Kinect game, so far it seems like they will be a good mix of easy and pretty damn hard that'll keep me going for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think this is a good idea and i'm definitely getting this. If you can lose weight and get in shape and become more healthy while doing something you enjoy (playing video games) then why shouldn't they make games like this? exercising was never something i liked to do but after gaining weight now i'm all about it, especially since losing that weight. This will help me keep it off when it's too cold to go outside and adds the video game challenge aspect to exercise too.

• 3 weeks later...
Do we really need these threads...?

Seriously. if you can exercise while playing games, then I'm all for it. A lot of people (myself included) needs to get off the couch and do something that's more active.

+1

I am glad i got it. We both like it so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Really, I'm worried that the achievements will be too easy, and then I'll have no motivation to continue. Although, looking at the achievements for Dance Central, another Kinect game, so far it seems like they will be a good mix of easy and pretty damn hard that'll keep me going for awhile.

I think they could have done a lot better job on the achievements. Just sending or accepting a challenge is lame. How about WINNING a challenge? Win 5 challenges? Sure some idiots would boost this, but if you are motivated with motivated friends that could be a lot of fun and much harder and more interesting than just the carloie level milestones.

Me and my girlfriend love this, I have played soccer and done martial arts most of my life and fought MMA for a few years in the past and didnt realize how bad a shape I was and am still in until I played this. And after a few years of relaxing so to speak, my shape is horrendous LOL. It is not just a good thing for everyone, it is a big step for gaming in general and its image, I agree with everything positive said in this forum, as an ex athlete and someone who used to train very seriously, its an amazing "game", and if you dont like it who cares???

Do we really need these games...?

Define 'We'...

If you're coming from the standpoint of a gamer who doesn't like working out, then sure - you don't.

I'd guess you have to have at least some interest in working out to even contemplate a purchase. I only work out 3 times a week, mostly cardio and weight training, but I'm quite interested in buying it, if only to back up my visits to the gym with a bit of light exercise.

I don't expect it to replace my gym membership though.

• 3 weeks later...
Do we really need these games...?

More to the point, what do you actually NEED?

Food, drink, clothes, money to supply said items, and that's it.

Do you NEED to play Xbox games? No - stop doing it then.

Do you NEED to come to this forum and post negative threads like this? No - please stop doing it!

Do you NEED a fitness game to get in shape? Probably, because you sound like the type of person who sits at their computer & console complaining about everything and never getting up and doing anything - I doubt you even have a Kinect, so you'll probably never buy this game anyway!