Most Anticipated New Character

So after I surprisingly decided to buy this game, because I don't have the original MVC3, I vote for West Frank. Also, Frank West. I hope he is gonna be op as fuck, because I usually tend to favor characters who suck ass all the time. This must change now.

Edited by Olrox

So after I surprisingly decided to buy this game, because I don't have the original MVC3, I vote for West Frank. Also, Frank West. I hope he is gonna be op as fuck, because I usually tend to favor characters who suck ass all the time. This must change now.

I'm not so sure, i can easily see him as being a Chris Redfield, played for about 2 weeks then forgotten cause everyone will move onto the next overpowered character. But i guess we have to wait for his trailer

I'm not so sure, i can easily see him as being a Chris Redfield, played for about 2 weeks then forgotten cause everyone will move onto the next overpowered character. But i guess we have to wait for his trailer

That's one of the funny thing about online communities for fighting games. Generally people either pick characters that are high-to-top tier, or characters that are easy to pick up and don't change much between games (any shoto from Street Fighter). Because of that most of the fights are filled to the brim with Dante, Ryu, Wesker, etc etc.

Most people don't really know how to use them, though. Even before the health nerf I absolutely destroyed a ton of Sentinels with characters like Viewtiful Joe just because they didn't know what they were doing.

On the topic of Frank West, I doubt you'll see many people use him online. People love Dead Rising and all, but I'm certain once they see how odd his playstyle is (I doubt he'll be changing too much from TvC - probably similar to Zero and Viewtiful Joe in that sense) a lot of people will swap him out for their completely original (ie: not at all) "team trenchcoat" idea.

People are going to gravitate to certain characters for a number of reasons. Admittedly I'm not looking forward to the flood of Vergil players at release, but oh well. Against a lot of people the more obscure choices will have a huge advantage for that reason, though. They'll be so used to those sorts of matchups that a choice like that can really throw them for a loop. The few people who can play MODOK extremely well know this first hand.

Edited by FriendCode

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to playing Vergil and Frank West tbh, Phoenix Wright looks interesting... But I doubt I'll use him. Oh, Nemesis looks pretty badass too, but I doubt if I'll use him as I suck with slow characters, but he looks like he has a lot of range and super armour on some of his moves, so we'll see.

As for the Marvel side... I wasn't really interested in any of them until I saw Nova, he looks pretty fun to play. Wish Gambit was in this one tbh.

Pheonix Wright looks ridiculous (not in a good way). All of his attacks that I have seen so far look really awkward. The guy just doesn't fit in. The only upside is that when he lands a level 3 you have a chance to go grab a sandwich. I'm sure that there will be some people who get really good with him, but just think he looks stupid.... I would have much preferred another one of the Darkstalkers characters.

My top Capcom pick would have been Jedah (darkstalkers)

I'm looking forward to Ghost Rider and Frank. I think Nemesis will be the next Sentinel (before he got nerfed) IMO, because of the tremendous armor on one of his supers and good armor on normals, he's said to have the most health, and he's got good reach with his tentacles. I'm gonna give him a shot also since he comes from my fav RE game ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking forward to Ghost Rider and Frank. I think Nemesis will be the next Sentinel (before he got nerfed) IMO, because of the tremendous armor on one of his supers and good armor on normals, he's said to have the most health, and he's got good reach with his tentacles. I'm gonna give him a shot also since he comes from my fav RE game ;)

I can actually confirm this, nemesis is one tank, his attacks are long ranged (especially the one where the tentacles come from the ground) his super combos chip you for decent damage (the rocket one)

His health is insane and his launcher is dirty, although i believe you cannot do a :ybut: :ybut: :bbut: mid-air cause his :bbut: has long delay or something like that. Other than this he seems like the new noob-friendly character.

As a last note to nemesis, his level 3 does insane damage in level 3 X-factor as it left my she-hulk with 1 bit of health so watch out for that level 3 grab and make sure you block because it seems that the start-up is insanely fast

Going to try extremely hard to get a solid Phoenix Wright team made up, I love the character too much to care about how bad he is (if he turns out to be, I see him being mid-tier easily myself). Considering how much I hate Dead Rising as a series and Frank West's moveset in TvC, I really am very impressed by how he's looking so far in Ultimate. First team I'll be playing about with is Wright(Missile)/Haggar(Lariat)/Frank(???), "Team Everyman"!

I'm most excited for Phoenix Wright since I like the Ace Attorney games and want to beat people by throwing evidence at them lol.

then lets hope we don't meet online because if you get me in phoenix wright's level 3 and make me wait 2 hours for him to finish his speech then expect the rage messages :)