This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and I'll edit the top post

Thanks for your help...

[iNCLUDE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AS WELL]

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I probably won't get an answer to this but oh well..

Are the competitions easier on lesser difficulty levels?

I can't seem to beat the very last competition with the shooting the predators with the timer.. I can't hit the dang things for some reason!

So I was just wondering if maybe the lower difficulties have a smaller point requirement or something?

• 4 weeks later...

I'll tell you the most important question that this website should answer for every game...

On a scale of 1.0 - 10 (1 being very easy, i.e. TMNT or King Kong), how easy is it to unlock all available achievements for [this game] as a whole? (and if the website can swing it) and as individual achievements?

Then this website should somehow display that rating, (as determined by all us users, who must have unlocked the achievement already), next to the overall list as a whole and then the # as voted next to each achievement.

I'm sure this will be taxing on the moderators of the website, but at least a rating for difficulty for each game would be nice. Just an idea to xbox360a. Good luck.

UPDATE: Cool. I come back to this post a year and a half later and the website has done exactly what I suggested by making Road Maps.

Cabela's Alaskan Adventure 1000/1000

Edited by E vee dub

• 6 months later...

All of the fire arms need to be sighted in at one of the ranges, even the shotguns and iron sights on rifles and pistols. There is a laser sighting device that you equip on the firearm - scope combo, iron sights that you want to use. Aim the red laser dot at the appropriate target for the range stall your in and the blue reticle icon will be the point of impact. Move the blue reticle icon with the d-pad until the windage is centered on the vertical, the windage on screen should read 0.0 at this point, and set the elevation where you want it. I zeroed my rifles at 50 yards and set th 16 gauge 1" high at 25 yards. The on screen elevation for the 16 gauge read 9.00 when the point of impact was 1" high at 25 yards. I hope this helps take some of the frustration out of this game. I couldn't find this info in the manual or referenced on this sight through the search.

• 9 months later...

Question: What areas are found in each region? A list would be good to help some of us know where to hunt when we play through on Open Season mode to knock out those Platinums.

Answer:

There are 4 regions:

1. Western Arctic

a. North Slope

b. Koyukuk

c. Seward Peninsula

2. Interior Alaska

a. Yukon Delta

b. Delta Junction

c. Kuskokwim

3. South Central

a. Cordova

b. Kenai

c. Kodiak Island

4. Southeastern

a. Sitka

b. Juneau

c. Ketchikan

Edited by E vee dub

Question:

Which lures are best for each fish?

And which colors represent which fish?

Answer:

Lake Fishing

-Silver Salmon - Shrimp Lure

-Northern Pike - Herring Bait, Spinner Lure

-Arctic Char - Shrimp Lure

-Dolly Vardens - Spinner Lure

-Lake Trout - Crankbait Lure

Coastal Fishing

-Sockeye Salmon - Shrimp Lure

-Silver Salmon - Crankbait Lure

-King Salmon - Spoon Lure

Fly Fishing

-Rainbow Trout - Egg Cluster Fly

-Cutthroat Trout - Dry Fly & Cricket Fly

-Arctic Grayling - Streamer Fly & Cricket Fly

I got this info from the game. Just go to GPS, select "Region Info" and "Environment". It explains which lure each fish likes. Also, select backpack and read the description of your bait.

The colors of the fish on the GPS change according to what's available. So no type of fish has a particular color.

There are only 3 types of fish in a body of water at one time.

Edited by E vee dub

Question:

- Why is it necessary to bother with the "Simulation Difficulty radar trick", when the platinum achievements call for Sportsman or Simulation Difficulty to unlock them?

Wouldn't we just be better off playing on Sportsman?

Answer:

- There seems to be no reason why you should bother with Simulation. Just play through the adventure on Sportsman difficulty. At least that way, the fish will bite.

ADVICE, Play Through On Sportsman Difficulty First and Do Not Bother with Simulation Difficulty.

Edited by E vee dub

Question:

Where is the Male Black Bear Trophy Legend on Kodiak Island on Sportsman Difficulty?

The objective is to hunt a male Black Bear Trophy Legend from at least 30 yrds with a bow.

Answer:

Finally! From the start, look at your GPS map. The bear is located in the lone red-square area on your side of the river on the other side of those large "rocks". That's NW of your initial position. He's black and big.

Ignore the brown Kodiaks or moose, unless they attack, then you can kill them to protect yourself. If you scare him, he'll sometimes run around the mountains and glitch to where you can't get to him, so you'll have to restart.

It should only take about 5 minutes to find him and shoot him from 30 yrds.

Don't bother with the truck. It's slow and can't even scale over the small pebbles in the road.

Cabela's Alaskan Adventures 1000/1000

Edited by E vee dub

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I asked this question and no one answered, but found out on my own

Question:

Do you have to complete the Missing Hunter part of Special Hunt 3 of the Western Artic area to get the Platinum Medal?

Answer:

NO, Just the 3 Main Hunts, the 3 Speical Hunts, the 2 Fishing events and the 2 Dog Sled Races.