Streaming

v SnOwMaN v

I found this on the Xbox Ambassador forum. I haven't tried it myself as I dont see the 'PlayTo' option anywhere (Windows XP user), unless I'm doing it wrong, which leads me to believe Windows Media Player 11 is not compatible...:rant:

Method:

1) Open Windows Media Player

2) Turn on Media Streaming (Click the arrow next to "Stream", then click Turn on Media Streaming)

3) Set your Xbox One to allowed (If you don't see the window, Click the arrow next to "Stream", go to "More Streaming Options")

How to PlayTo:

1) Find the media file in Windows Media Player

2) Right click the file and hover over "PlayTo"

3) Click your console name (This should open up a window and shortly after, open Xbox Video on your console.)

Tips/Information:

Some file types may not be supported.

If media sharing does not work, try enabling sharing by going to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings (Left side)

If it still does not work, you can try running a hotfix. http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_media_player_diagnostic

Alternate Method:

The Xbox One supports streaming via SkyDrive! Place your media content from your computer or server on to the SkyDrive and access it from anywhere you are connected to the internet and signed in!