tank not working :(

LucifersMinion0

I've made a tank character and I'm always being beaten down by a lot of stuff outside of lordran. Anor londo is just impossible and the darkwraiths in new londo ruins are unbearable. My stats are:

Vit-18

Att-12

End-40

Str-34

Dex-14

Res-11

Int-8

Fth-10

I'm using a greataxe+10, a black iron shield+6 and a pyromancy flame+10. Armour is the black iron set with chest +3 and leggings+1. Ornstein and smaugh are impossible and desperately need help from someone.

I've made a tank character and I'm always being beaten down by a lot of stuff outside of lordran. Anor londo is just impossible and the darkwraiths in new londo ruins are unbearable. My stats are:

Vit-18

Att-12

End-40

Str-34

Dex-14

Res-11

Int-8

Fth-10

I'm using a greataxe+10, a black iron shield+6 and a pyromancy flame+10. Armour is the black iron set with chest +3 and leggings+1. Ornstein and smaugh are impossible and desperately need help from someone.

You can't call yourself a tank with little health. That's like sending an army out with no soldiers.

Up your vitality and either make your Great Axe Lightening or Fire. It will cancel out the STR scaling, but a Lightening Great Axe +5 packs one hell of a fucking wallop. Trust me. Another option would be to try the Black Knight Sword +5, which has a quicker move set than the Great Axe and even though it only has a C scale in STR it does far more damage than most people ever think. I have been singing this weapons praises since my very first character in 2011 and it has never let me down in NG or NG+, for that matter. And, if that doesn't float your boat, then get yourself a Man-Serpent Greatsword, which has an A scaling, and ascend that fucker to 15.

Right there are arguably 3 of the best STR based weapons in the game, In my experience. If this doesn't help along with upping your VIT, then you simply need to practice and get better at the game. Believe me, we have all been there. Be patient, be mindful of your enemies movements and patterns, be sure you have the right equipment for the job, and gain experience and you will be owning these guys in no time.

Started a new character today. Got 20 vital an 25 end at the moment. Are there any other tips that could help me? My armour choices usually go elite knight-stone-black iron/havels. Weapons I'm not certain on this time but was thinking claymore until I get the greataxe again. Are there any other weapons of note other than what has been mentioned? And are there any early strong weapons? I want to make a build where I can fight enemies and bosses on my own without summoning and possibly to be a good co-op partner to help others with bosses. Don't like PvP so I don't bother with it. All help Will ne appreciated.

Started a new character today. Got 20 vital an 25 end at the moment. Are there any other tips that could help me? My armour choices usually go elite knight-stone-black iron/havels. Weapons I'm not certain on this time but was thinking claymore until I get the greataxe again. Are there any other weapons of note other than what has been mentioned? And are there any early strong weapons? I want to make a build where I can fight enemies and bosses on my own without summoning and possibly to be a good co-op partner to help others with bosses. Don't like PvP so I don't bother with it. All help Will ne appreciated.

I'd suggest focusing on Vitality and Endurance with some strength and dexterity. If you want to level another attribute i'd go with resistance.

As far as weapons/armor goes, i wear havels armor with a Catarina helm/gauntlets (makes parrying easier imo) and i have been rocking a black knight sword +5. I'd suggest getting a BLS and upgrade it to +5 since mine does 330 damage. To wield that you need 20 Strength and 19 dexterity.

If you want to level another attribute i'd go with resistance.

Hell no... most useless and worse diminishing returns than any other stat.

Raise your Vit some more and try to get a Ring of Favor and Protection, up Vit untill you're fine with your Hp and feel like you don't die that much anymore, then invest in Str to 40-50.

If you wanna go higher, i'd go with Faith to be able to buff your weapons with sunlight and darkmoon blade.

32 VIT

40 END

25 STR

18 DEX

Black Knight Sword +5

Pyro Flame (unupgraded)

Long Bow +8 (for pulling and poisoning)

Crest Shield +13

Armor of Thorns +3

Gold Hemmed Gloves

Wanderer's Leggings

Havel's Ring

Wolf Ring

1 attunement with Power Within

56 poise (I believe)

Destroys and you can take a fair number of hits even with not having the armor upgraded and also allows to maintain fast roll.

This build still has plenty of room for pumping STR to 40 without getting your SL over 120, too (if you decide you wanna do high level PvP or something; would need some other things thrown in for that though).

Edited by XperimntNterror

Hell no... most useless and worse diminishing returns than any other stat.

Raise your Vit some more and try to get a Ring of Favor and Protection, up Vit untill you're fine with your Hp and feel like you don't die that much anymore, then invest in Str to 40-50.

If you wanna go higher, i'd go with Faith to be able to buff your weapons with sunlight and darkmoon blade.

Not a lot. Just a little is what I meant.