10 years in the making

burntolive87

• 3 weeks later...
Can we just say I have finally beat the game after 10 years of trying. I never could defeat Grunty and it gave me trouble on here too but at long last my childhood is ending!

Well done. I beaten only a time Grunty in N64 version, but when I played on XBLA I won the first time I played... without red honeycomb!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Can we just say I have finally beat the game after 10 years of trying. I never could defeat Grunty and it gave me trouble on here too but at long last my childhood is ending!
Same here.I started this game when it came out on the N64 (I was 5 yrs old.) Finally beating this game was my christmas present to myself, the only thing that would have made it better is if I got an achievement called "Completed Your Childhood"

It was nice releasing this..... ahhh brought back wonderful memories. Congrats to everyone who finally beat it ^___^. As for me... on the n64, I could never beat Banjo-Tooie, which I thought was really great too! My problem solving skills weren't up to par and going back and forth between worlds using new found abilities was difficult. Just downloaded it the other day, so hopefully I can complete something I never did from years ago as well!

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure how old you were when you played them on N64 but if my experiences are anything to go by you will find yourself blitzing through Tooie, even with it's notorious difficulty hike.

The toughest thing is literally making sure you have enough Jiggies so you don't have to subject yourself to Grunty Industries for too long, seriously, max out every other level to avoid going through that level.