PoP DLC

Dr.D

Not sure if this has been posted already..

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/948/948893p1.html

Sounds promising. The only thing that bugs me is

Rguigui: The content will be downloadable via XBL and PSN. It is not necessary to have finished the Prince of Persia game to play the DLC.

First they say it continues the story, then they say that having finished the game isn't necessary.

Discuss.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how hard the "superior difficulty" is gonna be.

I'm guess it will come out costing 800 points, and can only hope that its content will be worth 10 bucks.

I don't really care about the costs or the difficulty. I really want to know how the story continues AFTER the ending. Which this DLC is supposed to reveal.

Sounds okay. I think that it's going to take place after the ending, but only imply that with no real dialogue that mentions what happens at the end. That's the only way they can make it accessible to people who haven't beaten the game without spoiling it (although it doesn't make sense they'd do it that way).

And that interview kinda touched on it, but they need to tread carefully with how they present the story. They definitely don't want people to feel like they're paying for an ending to the game.

New achievements?! W00t! Honestly, though, I hope this new DLC doesn't undo the original ending of the game. It really, IMO, packed a punch.

I agree, I really loved the ending and I hope they are going to pick up from there.

I mean, the Prince surely is going to catch more than an earful from Ellika.

How the hell can the developers call it an Epilogue if you don't even need to finish the main story to play it?

Idiots. Developers, in this fashion, need to stop catering to lazy ass gamers when it comes to stuff like this. Content like this should be: Finish the main story, then and only then, can you play the DLC.

there's no way this could or should be made available only to people who have completed the main game, unless perhaps this was established by checking achievements.

if having a completed save was a requirement then what about people who finished the game, cleaned up for the 1000, then deleted all their saves because they thought the game was over and planned to sell it on?

Sounds okay. I think that it's going to take place after the ending, but only imply that with no real dialogue that mentions what happens at the end. That's the only way they can make it accessible to people who haven't beaten the game without spoiling it (although it doesn't make sense they'd do it that way).

And that interview kinda touched on it, but they need to tread carefully with how they present the story. They definitely don't want people to feel like they're paying for an ending to the game.

maybe im misunderstanding what epilogue means, but im pretty sure its something that a person that HASNT beatin prince of persia wouldnt wanna buy? I mean come on!! lol

maybe im misunderstanding what epilogue means, but im pretty sure its something that a person that HASNT beatin prince of persia wouldnt wanna buy? I mean come on!! lol

I know what an epilogue is. But that interview clearly states that you don't need to finish the main game to be able to play the DLC. I'm just speculating that they may be skimping on the new dialogue just to make it accessible to everyone.

No Time to Waste Silver Trophy

Complete the Epilogue in less than 2 hours.

lol.. doesn't seem to be very long

I might as wel give you the other ones:

I Only Need a Hand or Twenty Silver Trophy

Elika saves you fewer than 20 times in the whole Epilogue.

What Once was There Bronze Trophy

First use of Energize in the Epilogue.

Born Dead Silver Trophy

Kill all the soldiers of the Epilogue before they spawn.

Change Once, Then Die Bronze Trophy

In the Epilogue, defeat the Shapeshifter with only one shape change.

The Best Offence is Good Defence Bronze Trophy

Defeat any enemy of the Epilogue by only starting a combo with a Deflect and Counter-Attack.

Leaving the Storm Bronze Trophy

Complete the Epilogue.

Bouncing From Here to There Bronze Trophy

Complete the puzzle with rebound in the Epilogue.

A Fresco of Light Bronze Trophy

Reach one Ormazd's Fresco in the Epilogue.

All the Frescos Bronze Trophy

Reach all Ormazd's Frescos in the Epilogue.

Edited by Tijntjee K.

It seems that the achievements encourage you to finish the DLC as fast as possible (less than 2 hours, kill the ennemies before they spawn and by being saved less than 20times). I know a lot of people out there don't like collecting achievements but in PoP it wasn't too much trouble and clearly increased the lenght of the game to get them all. They could have implemented that in the DLC