Dig Dug Achievement problem

Infection Ftw

I cleared the entire level, killed one of the remaining enemies, allowing the fourth and final one to leave. This took me to the next level. As soon as I died on that next level, the achievement unlocked. Some people have reported that dying on the same level that you clear prevents the achievement from unlocking.

i have had the same problem for ages now i have cleared it lots of times no achievement,at the moment i have it on pause ,i have cleared all the screen,i have been round the screen clockwise and anticlockwise do you think i should die in this level or kill one and move to the next level

edit-ok i just got it,did the above, killed one of the last guys,went to next level and died by going under a rock,game over ,acheivement unlocked

Edited by impatientiain

• 3 weeks later...

I cleared it twice in three games, died on the next level, purposely running into one of the characters on level 2 and it didn't unlock.

To those that cleared it, did you die at all on the first level, or clear it on your first guy? I'm just trying to figure it out because this is a tedious and annoying achieve.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Done it on the first level three times in a row now and no achievement. Once I did it it and played a few rounds. Nothing. Then I did it and ran into a guy on the next level. Nothing. Then I did it a thrid time and killed myself with a rock. Nothing. Anyone able to pinpoint the magic formula?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is not true you must die at the next level or walk around clockwise and anticlockwise. This achievement is not glitched! The key to got this one is symple. When it says that you must dig the entire area, it really means the ENTIRE area! That means also the pieces of level already dig! I did it 5 times, then I tried to walk also on the digged land (enemies lairs and the "T" the computer automatically dig at the beginning of the game), then I got killed in the same level, and worked perfectly!

Good luck, let me know if it worked for you!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It is not true you must die at the next level or walk around clockwise and anticlockwise. This achievement is not glitched! The key to got this one is symple. When it says that you must dig the entire area, it really means the ENTIRE area! That means also the pieces of level already dig! I did it 5 times, then I tried to walk also on the digged land (enemies lairs and the "T" the computer automatically dig at the beginning of the game), then I got killed in the same level, and worked perfectly!

Good luck, let me know if it worked for you!

Worked perfectly! Thanks for the tip.

• 1 month later...