N+ 2 = Super Meat Boy

Hawaiian

I've been waiting for a sequel to N+ and yesterday it has been released on Xbox Live:

Super Meat Boy

Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux. Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles. Sacrificing his own well being to save his damsel in distress. Super Meat Boy brings the old school difficulty of classic retro titles we all know and love and stream lines them down to the essential no bull straight forward twitch reflex platforming. Ramping up in difficulty from hard to soul crushing SMB will drag Meat boy though haunted hospitals, salt factories and even hell itself. And if 300+ single player levels weren't enough SMB also throws in epic boss fights, tons of unlock able secrets, warp zones and hidden characters.

Of course this is not the real sequel to N+ but that's the sequel I would have wanted. Gameplay mechanics are similar and it's even harder than N+. And as a special bonus for N/N+ fans: The Ninja is featured as an unlockable character in the game. Furthermore the developers will provide huge amounts of DLC free of charge thanks to a loophole on Xbox Live. If that's not enough to make you buy the game check this out:

"As a gift to the fans who have supported us through development, we are offering a launch sale, lowering the asking price by 33% till Nov. To my knowledge this is the 1st time that Microsoft has allowed a developer to do something like this and we are very proud to be the 1st.

Super Meat Boy is out now on XBLA for 800 ms points ($10) for a limited time!"

Download here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Super-Meat-Boy/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a5a?cid=SLink