Worth a buy?

Hitman486

I had the game the day it was released and I'd say it is definitely worth buying.

If you played the San Andreas game you'll notice that there isn't as much to do in this new game . But as with all GTA games, the story line and voice acting is top notch and game play is great.

I recommend buying it, The game itself is awesome and on top of that theres said to be 3 DLC's comin out in the future, the first to be released this feb i think :woop:, the online will keep you goin for ever, if runnin round blowing stuff up and gettin into shoot outs doesnt keep you entertained :p

It's a superb game, my favourite game of 2008. If you're relying on single-player activities for replay value or you are expectation an iteration of San Andreas then, you might be disappointed. Although, I think there are so many improvements over the previous titles, I didn't even care about the 'missing' features. The multi-player is a great addition, it can be very chaotic but, if you're not easily frustrated you should enjoy it - just be prepared to mute players!

• 2 weeks later...
Because San Andreas had WAY more cheats that you could play around with.

San Andreas has more stuff in it, it is bigger and it has like countryside and stuff and planes and lawnmowers and car customization and gym and driving school and a lot more.

GTA IV is more serious, if they redid San Andreas and made it look like GTA IV, I would prefer it over GTA IV. Hell if they released San Andreas on 360 the way it is, I would still buy it and have tons of fun with it!

In my opinion San Andreas is better but still this is a good game.

Are you from the UK? If so get it from play.com, it's currently £17.99 brand new.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8229501/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV/Product.html

Be quick though, I don't know how thw long it'll be that price.

Yo, I never said GTA IV is a bad game, but after all the goodness of San Andreas, I guess I just expected at least the same depth and stuff.

GTA IV is the best game of 2008! I hope with DLC they will add more stuff, like weapons, maybe car customization...

Yo, I never said GTA IV is a bad game, but after all the goodness of San Andreas, I guess I just expected at least the same depth and stuff.

GTA IV is the best game of 2008! I hope with DLC they will add more stuff, like weapons, maybe car customization...

I never said you said it was a bad game either :p.

I don't think it's bad, it's just not my favourite.

I haven't picked up the game yet. Don't know why.. Anyway, is it worth buying?

Also, Is there any news on what's coming up for the GTA series?

Definitely worth a buy. Especially now it is not full price. They spent alot of time on this game and the game play shows. Love this game and cant wait for the xpack in 3 weeks.