Wait wait wait wait... what? Achievements re-locked?!

Mist

So last week I finished Skyrim, 1000/1000 points. Today when I was browsing through my achievements list... I had 490/1000. Progress after the 12th of December, 2011, is lost. I booted up Skyrim, checked my main character - all is done. Every questline completed, every daedric artifact found, way over 100,000 gold, etc, etc. But now the last achievement unlocked is "Thief", not "Thu'um Master" as it should be.

My console is not modded, yes I'm on my profile, etc. How the F did that happen?! The only thing I could think of that would've affected it is that someone hacked into my account, and that Microsoft shut me off from the online part so as to prevent the hacker from doing more harm while they investigated it. Did they just conveniently forget to tell me that it also overrides any and all offline progress as soon as I log back in? And even if so, shouldn't the achievements unlock again after the console notices the "Achievement flags" within the game?

This sucks. Having played nearly 200 hours of Skyrim, I'm quite fatigued and not in the mood to replay all those 50-60 hours lost. This happen to anyone else? I'm guessing not, considering I've never even -heard- of anything like that happening before. Either way, be careful. I suppose.

Nope, only time I ever recovered my GT was on the 27th of December when I called in about not having any MS points left and being asked to update it. And then I'd been online for maybe half an hour prior to recovering it.

Nope, only time I ever recovered my GT was on the 27th of December when I called in about not having any MS points left and being asked to update it. And then I'd been online for maybe half an hour prior to recovering it.

maybe its cause you bio is creepy...

OT: most of your achievements were gained offline, so odds are you recovered your GT or someone else did....either way you need to CONTACT MICROSOFT so they can help you.

Back to Microsoft, eh? Think this would be more for Bethesda, but ah well. I imagine most achievements can be gotten just by doing them again (having more than enough souls and gold, for example), so if I'm lucky maybe the others will unlock too. Wanted to check if there was some kind of fix, but yeah, thanks for the help guys.

Back to Microsoft, eh? Think this would be more for Bethesda, but ah well.

Achievement issues like this will be bounced back to Microsoft, even if you contact Bethesda. And even then, they won't help you recover it. I speak from experience.

This very same thing happened to me on Ghostbusters. I will forever have a 980/1000 on that game because one of the achievements is glitched and will never unlock and because the game never unlocked "Loans Paid Off" an achievement earned by gaining more than $100,000 on Xbox Live.

To this day without having actively touched the game in close to a year, I am #6 on the global Campaign leaderboards with over $250,000,000 earned on Live. Logic and mathematics dictate that I have far surpassed the requirement of $100,000 earned. Nobody could help me recover that achievement: Atari blamed Microsoft, Microsoft told me to clear my cache and play another round of Live.

Just sayin, you may forever lose that achievement.

I've been messing around a bit, some achievements unlock such as gaining 20 dragon souls (killed another dragon and it popped), breaking out of jail and the like, but the one I can't get to work is Golden Touch. Ah well, it's not a bad game to replay (luckily), but still feels like a bit of wasted effort.

At least I'll know not to play anything if I get hacked again. Which shouldn't even have happened in the first place.

Once you recover your account, all achievements gained offline, even on your own personal console, with your save files, are null and void. Happened to me when my account got hacked. You are stuck between a rock and a hard place now, sorry bro

Dcon, where did you learn this? I've got two consoles and recovered my tag once in a while to jump between them. That was before I got a Kingston Xbox 360 Compatible USB stick that is ;) A one point our internet connection was down for two whole days. I played during that time and recieved a few achievements. Once internet was back up all the achievements was still there, even the ones I have recieved offline... ANd this was all before I got the USB stick...

Just to be clear, I'm not questioning you, I'm just really curious about this information since it's something you should really stay away from if it checkes out to be accurate... :p

here are plenty of stuff to play and do if you are offline :)

What if you deposit all of your gold into a container and then take it back?

Tried that in a number of ways, but that one doesn't seem to work. All the other "collect x of this" achievements I "hadn't" unlocked still unlock.

Dcon, where did you learn this? I've got two consoles and recovered my tag once in a while to jump between them. That was before I got a Kingston Xbox 360 Compatible USB stick that is ;) A one point our internet connection was down for two whole days. I played during that time and recieved a few achievements. Once internet was back up all the achievements was still there, even the ones I have recieved offline... ANd this was all before I got the USB stick...

Just to be clear, I'm not questioning you, I'm just really curious about this information since it's something you should really stay away from if it checkes out to be accurate... :p

here are plenty of stuff to play and do if you are offline :)

Well I think he meant that if you recover your account, I.E. download the profile BEFORE you log in (and by that automatically updating your achievement list), then you lose your progress.

That sucks dude. Half the gs removed is a big kick to the balls. Personally, I think you may have to do it all again. I play offline, and everytime I sign back in, my list of games played gets shuffled about. Last time, it put Doom at top of my list, not having played that since september. But I've never lost any achievements yet. Gutted for ya.

I remember something like this happening to me with COD:MW, back in the day.

I got about halfway through on Veteran and BAM! my 360 finds it amusing to completely destroy my disk. So, while I was at my friends house we decided I could finish the Achievements at his house. After downloading my profile to his 360, I never connected it to Live. Spent about 5 hours finishing it and went to sleep. Then, without going onto live at his house I went home, downloaded my profile at home and suddenly I was missing all the Achievements I got while at his house. Basically, it's because Xbox live Server has no idea what you've been doing offline so it hasn't updated your Achievements yet. As the 360 wasn't connected to Xbox Live it has no way of knowing or tracking your Achievements. Not sure if that's the issue here, but sounds pretty much similar to what happened to me. Though, I eventually bought MW2, got 1000/1000 and then bought MW1 again, just for the hell of it.

Well I didn't want to come off as a pissed off little shit who only played the game for the cheevos. But Skyrim has been full of game-breaking bugs for me (Namely, Delphine dying, walking out through a wall or just simply disappearing forever), so it was good to have them all done. Either way, the cheevos are unlocking just fine now, except for Golden Touch. Hope to fix that on a new character.

Once you recover your account, all achievements gained offline, even on your own personal console, with your save files, are null and void. Happened to me when my account got hacked. You are stuck between a rock and a hard place now, sorry bro

Well I think he meant that if you recover your account, I.E. download the profile BEFORE you log in (and by that automatically updating your achievement list), then you lose your progress.

Yeshat.

Just to Clarify for some people who may not Understand.

If you Ever Download your Gamertag to another Xbox and play Offline: You must Sign into Xbox Live on that Particular Xbox in Order to update your Achievements. You must do this before you Recover your Profile back to your own Xbox and Connect to Xbox Live.

This same Principle Sort of Applies to Games for Windows Live As well. Say your Playing Dawn of War 2 in your Java Class at College, of course the College Blocks Xbox Live Access, so none of your Achievements updated on your Gamertag in the Server. They're updated Locally(On your Computer, Friends Xbox, etc, etc. . .), but not on the Server. So when you get home from School, and Turn on Your Xbox, and you notice none of your Dawn of War 2 Achievements are unlocked?! WTF! Luckily with GFWL its not Permanent(Because your Profile isn't Physically Pulled from Your Xbox to your Computer, like it is when you Recover it to another Xbox) and you can jump back on right away and Sign into GFWL to update your Achievements.

Rule of Thumb: Always Sign into Xbox Live. Always.

Source: Personal Experience.

I'm not sure how this will be affected with the whole new Xbox Cloud, where you can sign in anywhere and not have to Physically download your Gamertag. But then again, if your Connected to Xbox Live you have no Problems.